Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell Black Friday

Apple Airpods 2nd gen for $99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2023 9:12 am
380 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1455 posts
1249 upvotes
Vancouver
How do you know it is 2nd gen?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
2052 posts
1709 upvotes
Pickering
tofubb wrote: How do you know it is 2nd gen?
This. It will usually explicitly state it's a 2nd gen or 3rd gen in the title, this does not.
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $75/60GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB + $50/50GB/BYOD
Apr 30, 2008
617 posts
222 upvotes
Waterloo
Do they even sell 1st gen anymore? This must be 2nd but then again Bell only provides a sku which doesn't seem to mean anything. Would it kill them to put a model/serial number in description.
Dec 24, 2015
96 posts
171 upvotes
Markham, ON
It says in the description the case can't wirelessly charge.
Aren't 2nd gen capable of wirelessly charging?
If so this is gen 1
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2020
4058 posts
3329 upvotes
Fnatic wrote: It says in the description the case can't wirelessly charge.
If so this is gen 1
My Gen 2's wirelessly charge outside. Wow, Gen 1 is really crippled then. I didn't find 3 a huge jump from 2 for my needs. But wireless charging is a must.
Jun 2, 2011
310 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto
2nd gen has two version wireless and non wireless case.
Jul 24, 2017
114 posts
259 upvotes
Fnatic wrote: It says in the description the case can't wirelessly charge.
If so this is gen 1
no, you need to pay extra for a wireless charging case. By default they don't
Oct 3, 2011
194 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like they're first gen, no wireless charging case.
Jul 24, 2017
114 posts
259 upvotes
Thanks, OP bought one. had one on order from Walmart for some time in December but this is cheaper and ships faster.

And for those downvoting... this is Bell, not a flea market. Worst case return them
Last edited by rilanthier236628 on Nov 26th, 2022 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 3, 2022
35 posts
49 upvotes
"Your identity can't be verified with the information provided." Anyone?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2020
4058 posts
3329 upvotes
Wow, I got lucky. I bought Gen 2 end-of-life at 169 at Costco 2 years ago. I always seem to regret my Apple purchases outside of its stock. Needed a good quality earpiece to take interviews and language proficiency requirements testing as my phone was junk. Got the job done...
Apr 30, 2008
617 posts
222 upvotes
Waterloo
1st and 2nd look the same i think so can't tell from photo. About the returns, i wonder if they will take them. According to their policy they might refuse:
Accessories can be returned within 15 days of original purchase or delivery (if shipped to you) for a refund or exchange, excluding headsets and earpieces, which cannot be returned for health and safety reasons. Please note: your accessory must be returned at the location it was purchased.
Jul 24, 2017
114 posts
259 upvotes
freeisbest wrote: Looks like they're first gen, no wireless charging case.
Love when people are so convinced they are right but they are not.
Jun 2, 2011
310 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto
Accessories can be returned within 15 days of original purchase or delivery (if shipped to you) for a refund or exchange, excluding headsets and earpieces, which cannot be returned for health and safety reasons. Please note: your accessory must be returned at the location it was purchased.

Looks like no returns
Jul 24, 2017
114 posts
259 upvotes
Nhuynh555 wrote: Accessories can be returned within 15 days of original purchase or delivery (if shipped to you) for a refund or exchange, excluding headsets and earpieces, which cannot be returned for health and safety reasons. Please note: your accessory must be returned at the location it was purchased.

Looks like no returns
I might be wrong but I don't think they could refuse a return of an unopened item, if open this is a different story. The model number will be on the box so no reasons to open the box without being sure
Apr 30, 2008
617 posts
222 upvotes
Waterloo
You would think at 199 regular price these must be second gen, plus they don't have any that are explicitly second gen. A bit of a gamble but for the price might be worth it.