• Nov 28th, 2020 9:36 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 14, 2010
384 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto

[Bell] Bell EPP 20GB/$50 BYOP ONLY

Seems like Bell is offering the same $50 20GB plan like Telus and Rogers.

EPP and BYOD only.
$45 connection fee.

84 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9605 posts
8963 upvotes
Markham
Let me warn you right now;

If you have to make a deal with one of the three Prime Evils, do not make a deal with Bell.

Edit: In this case, Bell does have a typo in there, I think it should say kbps not Mbps. 512 Mbps, that would be amazing. But I am pretty sure it's a non-enforceable typo.
Last edited by Anikiri on Oct 29th, 2020 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 21, 2017
365 posts
322 upvotes
Chelsea
I might be out of the loop on this, but if I’m reading correctly, they say first 20GB is full-speed, after 20GB is capped at 512Mbps ??

Wasn’t it used to be capped at like 128Kbps ??

512Mbps is faster than my home internet lol

Edit: and if so, thats means it’s virtually unlimited given current 4G LTE, 64MB/s is extremely overkill for any day-to-day task one could do on a cellphone, including streaming i. 4K.

Edit 2: looked around the web, everything points to it being a typo
F042A353-764B-4D85-B3B3-83C1D03502FF.jpeg
Last edited by SimonL556 on Oct 29th, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 14, 2007
563 posts
428 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: Let me warn you right now;

If you have to make a deal with one of the three primal evils, do not make a deal with Bell.

Edit: In this case, Bell does have a typo in there, I think it should say kbps not Mbps. 512 Mbps, that would be amazing. But I am pretty sure it's a non-enforceable typo.
It’s been my experience that they ALL suck more than a 50 h.p. Shop vac.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6795 posts
2716 upvotes
GTA
Anikiri wrote: Let me warn you right now;

If you have to make a deal with one of the three Prime Evils, do not make a deal with Bell.

What’s the issue with them?

Been with them on EPP for the past 1+ year, no issues.

Seems like people always got issues with carriers and try to politicalize it
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1785 posts
1637 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
cy wrote: What’s the issue with them?

They will either raise your price without warning, or give you random charges here and there if you aren't checking or careful with your bill.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Sep 27, 2008
789 posts
565 upvotes

Bell has made more billing "mistakes" (it's not a mistake when you have to call in every month for being overcharged) and has treated me way worse than Telus or Rogers. I avoid them as much as I can.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9605 posts
8963 upvotes
Markham

If you haven't had an issue with Bell, then you're more likely the exception than the norm.
May 2, 2010
283 posts
118 upvotes

They’re famous for raising prices regularly
Jul 21, 2020
8 posts
18 upvotes
And good luck with any loyalty promotions, even if you've been with them for years with 0 late payments
Nov 22, 2017
12 posts
13 upvotes
Why the downvote? For people like me that are on Bell EPP, this is a great deal! I can save quite a bit on my monthly bill. Anyway, thanks OP!

update:
This is only for new activation. They won't be able to add it to existing customers. Sigh~~
Last edited by Shifter722 on Oct 29th, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 14, 2006
549 posts
479 upvotes
Hammonds Plains

EPP is a vastly different world compared to consumer retail.
Feb 18, 2020
34 posts
41 upvotes
Bell is by far the worst. I think about 2 hours a month was spent on price adjustments and disputing over billing charges when I was with them for Internet and TV. I got familiar with some of the Filipino call centre agents on the other end. BTW this was about 5 years ago and will never ever switch to Bell after those experiences.
Last edited by NathanP29246 on Oct 29th, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2004
1426 posts
513 upvotes
North Vancouver
Will credits drop off the plan after like they do with the Rogers one?

I think the Rogers $50 20/GB plan becomes $60 after 24 months. (
Jun 15, 2018
943 posts
416 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: They will either raise your price without warning, or give you random charges here and there if you aren't checking or careful with your bill.
Maybe they just hate you?

In the 10 years or so I've had a cell phone I've never had the price raise from the contract date till the end. Not have there ever been so called random charges.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1388 posts
1347 upvotes
GTA
Artwebb1986 wrote: Maybe they just hate you?

In the 10 years or so I've had a cell phone I've never had the price raise from the contract date till the end. Not have there ever been so called random charges.
Consider yourself lucky. My parents, sister and in laws over the past 15 years have all received surprise price hikes, as recently as last January.
Sep 27, 2008
789 posts
565 upvotes
Shifter722 wrote: Why the downvote? For people like me that are on Bell EPP, this is a great deal! I can save quite a bit on my monthly bill. Anyway, thanks OP!

update:
This is only for new activation. They won't be able to add it to existing customers. Sigh~~
Just switch to Telus or Rogers. This is the website for Telus to check if you can get it: https://evs.telus.com/evs/
Jun 15, 2018
943 posts
416 upvotes
Slono wrote: Consider yourself lucky. My parents, sister and in laws over the past 15 years have all received surprise price hikes, as recently as last January.
So guess your parents, sister and in laws should be calling to get credit for it then. They can't just raise the price without notice.

I had a $45 ongoing credit on my internet for as long as I kept it for a missed tech visit and no notice of price increase along with the one time credit of $60 to cover the year of increase.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1388 posts
1347 upvotes
GTA
Artwebb1986 wrote: So guess your parents, sister and in laws should be calling to get credit for it then. They can't just raise the price without notice.

I had a $45 ongoing credit on my internet for as long as I kept it for a missed tech visit and no notice of price increase along with the one time credit of $60 to cover the year of increase.
They probably should. But to make a point, the downvotes on this thread are mostly due to “poor merchant reputation” and “Bad service”. So your comment aligns with the downvotes.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1156 posts
471 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been on a Bell EPP plan for years now and haven't had any issues. Have I had price hikes? Sure, but I've also had hikes on my Rogers services at home. I've also never not been informed that my services would increase in price, whether it be via email or on my bill. I question if many of you actually review your bills and read them?