Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

Locked: Bell Fibe Internet (Individual Line Directly To Your Home) $25 first 3 months, $31 for additional 9 months - (50Mbps)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2019 10:18 am
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12744 posts
25706 upvotes
Montreal
Artwebb1986 wrote: Just saying very few homes have that is totally wrong. Do some research first, it's not just new homes and condos. (...)
Oh, well if it's not just wrong but totally wrong...

Canada's population: 38,000,000
Population of Fredericton: 60,000 :rolleyes:
Feb 19, 2006
156 posts
207 upvotes
Anyone have success getting this through the chat on Bell?
Jul 13, 2019
198 posts
85 upvotes
gmcustom wrote: Anyone have success getting this through the chat on Bell?
Nopes, talked to a rep over chat just now and max I was offered $54.95 a month with no contract, $30 waived off the installation and $150 Visa card. I didnt take that offer.
Jul 14, 2018
595 posts
761 upvotes
This whole "50mbps is equal to Rogers 5gbps" is a complete joke. I bet the Bell salespeople laugh every time they get back in the van for whoever fell for it.
I'm on 'team Rogers' if you will. I pay these kinds of prices for 1gbps. For the most part, I get the speeds that I pay for. Bell's 50mbps can't even come close. A megabit is just a megabit to me, and Rogers wins as Bell has failed to install FTTH in my area for the past decade, and even FTTN took 5 years longer than it should have.

Am I ignorant to the advantages that fibre optic tech has? No. Do I wish I had faster upload speeds? Yes (sometimes). Do I need gigabit? No, it's actually hard to use those speeds to the full.
But one fact remains - Rogers is consistently able to deliver 8-10x the speed that Bell's fastest (and most expensive) plan offers in my area. As long as that is the case, I will enjoy my cup of Rogers, even if I can't drink it all.

Aug 29, 2017
329 posts
117 upvotes
joshdboone wrote:
pretty much every home here has fiber to the home....which is surprising considering out population is only 70k.

As you well said, number of votes talk, why would you bother?
Aug 29, 2017
329 posts
117 upvotes
Temporel wrote:
It depends which city and neighborhood you live in. Older ones don't have it. When new developments get built, when new condo buildings go up, Bell install Fiber to the Home instead of copper wires.
I live in an old neighbourhood an they recently installed the lines.
Aug 29, 2017
329 posts
117 upvotes
amb123 wrote: Nopes, talked to a rep over chat just now and max I was offered $54.95 a month with no contract, $30 waived off the installation and $150 Visa card. I didnt take that offer.
I have the contact information of the rep. I can text him and see if takes referral.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
OP is either a Bell sales rep trying to scam people here, or got scammed himself and is in denial.

50Mbps on Bell Fibe = 500Mbps on Rogers? WTF are you talking about?
Aug 29, 2017
329 posts
117 upvotes
board123 wrote: OP is either a Bell sales rep trying to scam people here, or got scammed himself and is in denial.

50Mbps on Bell Fibe = 500Mbps on Rogers? WTF are you talking about?
I explicitly stated “don’t quote me on this”, and further expressed my uncertainty about the multiplayer.

Don’t cherry-pick!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4807 posts
1801 upvotes
Pouyanem wrote:
50mbps on Fibe is not comparable to 50mbps on regular internet. Don’t quote me on this, but I was told, 50mbps here equals to 5GB offered by Rogers, as this is an individual line to your home and nobody shares the bandwidth with you to lower your speed at busy time of the day. I don’t want to sound certain about the 10X multiplayer, but the fact that this line is not a shared line, is enough for me to believe that speed is not comparable.
This is total BS. 50mbps is 50mbps. 50/8 is 6.25 mb/sec max. Still very slow for today standard. And wtf Rogers 5g? Rogers gigabit or 150 service is always closer to the speed promised and faster then bell fbs."50".

Edit also this is also another bad Bs these days that cable speed are shared with your others using the cable infrastructure. This was true 5-10 years ago. Now they upgrade their infrastructure there enough bandwidth for everyone

Also bell user marketibg. Because their so called "fibe" it's not fiber optic. It's DSL internet that uses copper lines. It's all bs.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
2114 posts
1262 upvotes
Can we remove the blatant lie in the title: (Individual Line Directly To Your Home)
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pouyanem wrote: I explicitly stated “don’t quote me on this”, and further expressed my uncertainty about the multiplayer.

Don’t cherry-pick!
And yet you used that as the basis to start a thread about how great a deal this without actually verifying whether it's true or not. How's that any different from me saying something like
I got a Civic recently. You should buy a Civic because the Honda sales guy told me the Civic's 35 MPG is more efficient than the Corolla's 35 MPG. But don't quote me on this.
You can spew any BS as long as you say "don't quote me on this"? That, in and of itself, is BS. If you don't want people to quote your BS, then don't say it in the first place.

This thread should honestly be locked. OP is shady as hell.