• Sep 19th, 2019 5:49 pm
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
13 posts
11 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

[Bell] [ON] Bell Fibre, up to 300 Mbps Up & Down, Unlimited for $49.95/mo YMMV

See photos attached.

Not sure if hot deal but regular price for Bell Fibe 300 is $79.95, same for Teksavvy. I currently pay $45 for 25 Up/5 Down with Teksavvy so I'm tempted to switch. My understanding is that this is building specific but I've lived in the same building in Toronto for 2 years and this is the first time I'm seeing this offer.

The flyer says no "long-term contract required" but "price is subject to increase during subscription". Does anyone have experiences with similar plans and whether (or how soon) they increased prices? Any input would be appreciated!

Fine prints say:
"Current as of Sept 5, 2019. Offer ends Oct 15, 2019. Available to new residential customers that live in a building that is eligible for this offer in Ontario, where technology, access and availability permit. Customers must subscribe on premises, at the Bell Kiosk within the building during event. Subject to change without notice, not combinable with other offers. Taxes and restrictions apply. Customer must select e-bill and create a MyBell profile. Fibe Internet 300: Modem rental required; one-time modem rental fee waived for new customers.
(1) Price is subject to increase during your subscription. Pricing is based on continued subscription to: Fibe Internet 300 with unlimited usage; Alt TV Started including Crave. Any change made to services may affect the price and/or result in the loss of credits or promotions, as the case may be, as eligibility conditions may vary.
(2) Unlimited Internet usage: Subject to compliance with the Bell Terms of Service. See Bell.ca/agreements.
Images
  • Bell.jpg
  • Bell1.jpg
18 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
2443 posts
1198 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yea deal is specific to buildings only and would not apply to home owners. But regardless, that's a good deal. Even if they were to do a price hike just cancel with them that time and find someone else.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Feb 5, 2007
441 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
Probably area dependant cause my friend in North York got that years ago when fibre was installed
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6548 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like you also have to subscribe to "Alt TV Started including Crave" whatever that is.

No thanks.
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
13 posts
11 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Inno wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 6:47 pm
Looks like you also have to subscribe to "Alt TV Started including Crave" whatever that is.

No thanks.
That was my thought exactly, so I sent Bell an email to ask if that's included free of charge with my internet plan or if it's extra.
Feb 4, 2017
218 posts
257 upvotes
Carrytel has the 50/10 DSL for $40 regular price.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6548 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
Zoughi1 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 7:23 pm
Carrytel has the 50/10 DSL for $40 regular price.
I'm paying EBox about the same for 50dsl.
Feb 4, 2017
218 posts
257 upvotes
Inno wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 7:35 pm
I'm paying EBox about the same for 50dsl.
And that's the regular permanent price with no discounts applied?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6548 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
Zoughi1 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 7:41 pm
And that's the regular permanent price with no discounts applied?
It's a one year promo. See their site.

Last year they had a one-year promo for the same speed and price for cable service.

I just switch to whatever promo they have at the time.
Feb 4, 2017
218 posts
257 upvotes
Inno wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 7:54 pm
It's a one year promo. See their site.

Last year they had a one-year promo for the same speed and price for cable service.

I just switch to whatever promo they have at the time.
You might want to try Cannet R-cable internet 300/20 mbps $40 for 2 years, $50 after.
Jan 29, 2018
12 posts
39 upvotes
Bell came to my building last year around this time and offered something similar. It was their 500 mbps for $79.95 as an ongoing promo that does not expire plus an additional $40 credit each month for one year. No modem or installation fees. This was definitely a good deal. The sales rep told me that the credit is only valid for a year but it might be possible to negotiate it for longer. Now that my credit is expiring soon, I called a representative at Bell and they told me they aren't able to do anything yet but to call in about 20 days to see if there are any other offers they can apply.

Since the sales rep is in your building, you can try negotiating the price lower. For example, my package would have included Crave TV but I told them that would be useless to me since I already have Netflix and I barely use that already. The sales rep took out the Crave TV and knocked my price down a bit more. He said he was doing it only for me and no one else in the building but then I hear him talking to another lady 1 hr later offering the same deal Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
13 posts
11 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
cookies1314 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 8:37 pm
Bell came to my building last year around this time and offered something similar. It was their 500 mbps for $79.95 as an ongoing promo that does not expire plus an additional $40 credit each month for one year. No modem or installation fees. This was definitely a good deal. The sales rep told me that the credit is only valid for a year but it might be possible to negotiate it for longer. Now that my credit is expiring soon, I called a representative at Bell and they told me they aren't able to do anything yet but to call in about 20 days to see if there are any other offers they can apply.

Since the sales rep is in your building, you can try negotiating the price lower. For example, my package would have included Crave TV but I told them that would be useless to me since I already have Netflix and I barely use that already. The sales rep took out the Crave TV and knocked my price down a bit more. He said he was doing it only for me and no one else in the building but then I hear him talking to another lady 1 hr later offering the same deal Face With Tears Of Joy
Very helpful to hear your experience with a similar offer by Bell! Good to know they didn't do anything shady like jacking up the price
Nov 15, 2017
19 posts
21 upvotes
I’ll never go with Bell/Rogers no matter how good their promos are. I was under a good internet plan with them and got another separate TV offer(not bundle) months later. Accepted the TV offer but decided to cancel after couple of months. Was told I’d also lose the internet promo if I cancel TV. Finally I cancelled everything with them and go with Fiberstream.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2163 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto
FatChoji wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 5:48 pm
See photos attached.

Not sure if hot deal but regular price for Bell Fibe 300 is $79.95, same for Teksavvy. I currently pay $45 for 25 Up/5 Down with Teksavvy so I'm tempted to switch. My understanding is that this is building specific but I've lived in the same building in Toronto for 2 years and this is the first time I'm seeing this offer....
if you're not with bell currently my rep was offering $40 for 500mbits or $45 for gigabit unlimited bandwidth price promo for 12 months. As a new customer you can get great deals from the reps
Dec 8, 2007
32 posts
18 upvotes
Pickering
I had Bell twice, in two different homes. They jacked up the prices so i cancelled. In both places I kept on getting ridicules bills months later for see services that was supposed to be cancelled months prior, including unexpected "dry loop" bills and other nonsense. Never trusting Bell again. I've been burnt twice!

I have had comwave, Rogers and Teksavvy, and never had nonsense issues like Bell when I cancelled those services.

Worse part is that Bell would send collections agencies to you if you refused to pay the nonsense bill they send months after the service has been cancelled.

Never Bell!