Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Gigabit Internet $49.95/mth 3 years contract (Business Plan)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2020 10:50 am
[OP]
Apr 5, 2004
403 posts
159 upvotes

[Bell] Bell Gigabit Internet $49.95/mth 3 years contract (Business Plan)

This promo applies to small business Gigabit internet only. The promo price posted on Bell website is $99,95 per month; however, they offered $49.95/mth over the phone. $200 welcome credit if you switch from another ISP.

https://business.bell.ca/Shop/small-bus ... e-940-FTTB

Besides the 3 years contract, there is another catch. In the fine print, it says "Promotional rate with a 3-year term and is subject to increase up to 10% on the then regular rate, annually during the term". That means they could jack up the price annually by 10% of the REGULAR price. I don't know how often they changed the price on business plan in the past.

What do you think? I am tempted to get this deal. I called Rogers and they said they don't offer single product promo anymore (i.e. no discount on internet only).
Last edited by jkaibo on Jun 16th, 2020 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
476 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3416 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
How did they tell a diff between personal or business?
====================================
[OP]
Apr 5, 2004
403 posts
159 upvotes
They ask for your business name and you give them a business name over the phone. They don't care even the address is residential.
ludhi wrote: How did they tell a diff between personal or business?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41458 posts
6506 upvotes
ludhi wrote: How did they tell a diff between personal or business?
Business or license number? Proof?

Please don’t cheat the system. Thanks.
Proud to be an Indian.
Apr 5, 2004
403 posts
159 upvotes
They needed CRA business number for my Bell mobility account. Internet is a different group and they asked for business name only. I didn't cheat as I do have an active business for years.
djemzine wrote: Business or license number? Proof?

[OP]
Apr 5, 2004
403 posts
159 upvotes
Does anyone have experience with Bell business internet? How often do they jack up the price?
Dec 8, 2009
728 posts
208 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Business or license number? Proof?

After long time , are u still RFD mod??
Aug 7, 2019
794 posts
271 upvotes
Working the other way around, can you get residential-priced services installed in your commercial business unit?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41458 posts
6506 upvotes
jkaibo wrote: They needed CRA business number for my Bell mobility account. Internet is a different group and they asked for business name only. I didn't cheat as I do have an active business for years.
This wasn’t directed to you lol. It was directed to the person who asked how will they know. Lol.
Proud to be an Indian.
171 posts
200 upvotes
MILTON
jkaibo wrote: Does anyone have experience with Bell business internet? How often do they jack up the price?
It sucks for me. I can't wait my contract to be over. They jack up the price once per year.

Just one quick note from their fine print that I accidentally find out about: " THE CONTRACT IS AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED AT THE END OF TERM FOR THE SAME LENGTH AS THE ORIGINAL TERM"
This is one of the biggest BS that I ever heard of.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2004
403 posts
159 upvotes
Why does it suck? Internet service not good or the price increase? How much do they increase every year. The regular price is $220. 10% increase is $22/mth!
jikiji626 wrote: It sucks for me. I can't wait my contract to be over. They jack up the price once per year.

Just one quick note from their fine print that I accidentally find out about: " THE CONTRACT IS AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED AT THE END OF TERM FOR THE SAME LENGTH AS THE ORIGINAL TERM"
This is one of the biggest BS that I ever heard of.
Mar 2, 2012
171 posts
200 upvotes
MILTON
jkaibo wrote: Why does it suck? Internet service not good or the price increase? How much do they increase every year. The regular price is $220. 10% increase is $22/mth!
Internet service is not good in my area so I guess YMMV. I have spoken with Bell reps many times and no help, I have to keep resetting my router. I am not sure if this is related to Covid and/or increased usage overall.
After I complained about my bad WiFi one of Bell reps told me that I am paying for wired service and Wifi is not guaranteed.
I lost my shit and I genuinely asked him if he was f....d up? What am I supposed to do with my laptops? Moron.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3461 posts
3308 upvotes
Montreal
jkaibo wrote: Besides the 3 years contract, there is another catch. In the fine print, it says "Promotional rate with a 3-year term and is subject to increase up to 10% on the then regular rate, annually during the term". That means they could jack up the price annually by 10% of the REGULAR price. I don't know how often they changed the price on business plan in the past.
Gigabit Business Fibe - Regular Rate - $219.95/mo.
Promotional rate with a 3-year term and is subject to increase up to 10% on the then regular rate, annually during the term; see bell.ca/businesstermsofservice. Early cancellation charges apply. The term, upon expiration, will renew automatically for the same period.
Year 1 - $50 + tax / month
Year 2 - increase up to 10% of $219.95 ==> max increase $22 ==> $50 + $22 = $72 + tax / month
Year 3 - increase up to 10% of $219.95 + $22 ==> max increase $24 ==> $72 + $24 = $96 + tax / month

==> average 3 years = ($50 + $72 + $96) / 3 = $72.67 + tax / month

If you think you could pay 3 years contract, $72.67 + tax / month for Bell Gigabit internet then subscribe. Ask them to waive the $75 installation fees.

Bell Fibe Gigabit internet should be way better compare to cable internet.

Early cancellation charge: 50% of the regular monthly rate of a max $25/month for the remaining month up to $500.

If you able to get $200 credit for switching from other provider then it will help paying for up to 10% increase each year.
bell-bell-gigabit-internet-49-95-mth-3- ... #p32817069

Here is how the order looks like...
bell-bell-gigabit-internet-49-95-mth-3- ... #p32866149
Last edited by X360 on Jul 22nd, 2020 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 2, 2010
158 posts
214 upvotes
GTA
jkaibo wrote: Does anyone have experience with Bell business internet? How often do they jack up the price?
They jack up the price constantly, my credits have been worth less and less and about to expire now.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1361 posts
695 upvotes
Hamilton
Moving to a new location in 2-3 months and will need internet for the business.
I quit Bell for years (Fibe, personal cellular, etc and waiting to end my corporate line contract as the last remaining B(h)ell service) as I was sick of their billing practices and I may give them a chance as a new business.
Confirmed a gigabit service on my new location, will see.