[Bell] Bell Internet Included with Fibe TV subscription

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2020 9:10 am
[OP]
Oct 9, 2017
29 posts
90 upvotes

[Bell] Bell Internet Included with Fibe TV subscription

Received this letter from Bell stating that internet will now be included with my Bell Fibe TV subscription. I currently have the Starter Fibe TV package @ $24.95 plus taxes which now includes the unlimited internet 15.
I set it up and I’m actually getting speeds of 50/10. I’m now debating of getting rid of my Videotron internet and save a few bucks Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes.
Images
  • 98B57BED-C39E-4AC5-8950-A859BA05B598.jpeg
Last edited by Jetz03 on Apr 2nd, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
97 replies
Nov 28, 2014
100 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wonder if they will allow this for new clients
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2004
1420 posts
350 upvotes
Oakville
Jetz03 wrote: Received this letter from Bell stating that internet will now be included with my Bell Fibe TV subscription. I currently have the Starter Fibe TV package @ $23.95 plus taxes which now includes the unlimited internet 15.
I set it up and I’m actually getting speeds of 50/10. I’m now debating of getting rid of my Videotron internet and save a few bucks Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes.
This doesn't make any sense.
Bell Fibe TV subscriptions always required a Bell Internet plan (similar to the VMedia and Teksavvy requiring their internet plan if you order their TV service as a CRTC requirement).

I assume they only upgraded your existing Bell Fibe 15 internet service, which you are already paying for, from 100GB to unlimited, like Teksavvy and others were upgrading to unlimited due to COVID-19. Fibe 15 normally includes only 100GB, while Fibe 25 and Fibe 50 have unlimited data.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2890 posts
1972 upvotes
Montreal
How much does Bell's unlimited internet 15 normally cost?

virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
[OP]
Oct 9, 2017
29 posts
90 upvotes
No, Bell Fibe TV does not require you to be subscribed to Bell internet.
I always had internet services with Videotron and only subscribed to Bell’s Starter TV package at a monthly cost of $24.95 plus taxes.
Last edited by Jetz03 on Apr 2nd, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Oct 9, 2017
29 posts
90 upvotes
Bell has it at $57.95 with 50 Gb monthly cap...
Images
  • 34D2687A-5071-450B-8BDA-2E88883F533D.jpeg
Oct 11, 2018
233 posts
275 upvotes
Oh-Terry-Oh
Jetz03 wrote: No, Bell Fibe TV does not require you to be subscribed to Bell internet.
I always had internet services with Videotron and only subscribed to Bell’s Starter TV package at a monthly cost of $23.95 plus taxes.
I'm curious, does it mean you are getting the unlimited Bell 15 Internet plan for free and paying $23.95 for both TV and Internet, basically?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
1894 posts
1116 upvotes
Toronto
cba123 wrote: This doesn't make any sense.
Bell Fibe TV subscriptions always required a Bell Internet plan (similar to the VMedia and Teksavvy requiring their internet plan if you order their TV service as a CRTC requirement).

I assume they only upgraded your existing Bell Fibe 15 internet service, which you are already paying for, from 100GB to unlimited, like Teksavvy and others were upgrading to unlimited due to COVID-19. Fibe 15 normally includes only 100GB, while Fibe 25 and Fibe 50 have unlimited data.
While yes the tv service is using internet you do not get to use that internet service, well not in the last now it would appear you can.
Nov 24, 2017
39 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm curious if new customers can get this? I have cable Internet with Carrytel and after they were down the whole of yesterday, I need to think about getting a cheap backup connection for emergencies like this.
Dec 4, 2017
219 posts
200 upvotes
I'd read the Bell letter footnotes clearly and look at the upcoming invoices. Bell could give out free lunches, I'm sure there's a catch later on.

Even though I don't use a telephone landline. Bell packaged me all 3 services (TV, internet, landline) were cheaper than just ordering TV and internet only
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2925 posts
2515 upvotes
this is an unbelievable deal.....good for you OP
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3181 posts
1868 upvotes
Kitchener
Jetz03 wrote: Received this letter from Bell stating that internet will now be included with my Bell Fibe TV subscription. I currently have the Starter Fibe TV package @ $24.95 plus taxes which now includes the unlimited internet 15.
Interesting. Here in Canada you can't get this deal, as you always need Bell Internet if you want Fibe TV. Quebec has different rule than Canada though, so I am guessing this is why Bell offered this to you.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1772 posts
565 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I got the same letter... after I switched my internet service to Fizz (Vidéotron)
But I haven't tried it since I disabled the Wifi after the switch