[Bell] Bell Internet Included with Fibe TV subscription

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2020 9:10 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9098 posts
1679 upvotes
Montreal
Jetz03 wrote: Received this letter from Bell stating that internet will now be included with my Bell Fibe TV subscription. I currently have the Starter Fibe TV package @ $24.95 plus taxes which now includes the unlimited internet 15.
I set it up and I’m actually getting speeds of 50/10. I’m now debating of getting rid of my Videotron internet and save a few bucks Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes.
After reading the letter you were sent. This "free Internet" seems to be for you being able to access the Bell Fibe TV app over WiFi in your home (which is why it is unlimited Internet) edit: and regular internet of course.

I'm in Montreal, seems to be for existing customers only, can't do it online. Maybe in store (like I want to go out in this!). Pretty insane deal!

I understand that most of those channels can be gotten FREE over the air with an antenna and that the Starter package is still SD (right?) and not HD. But WITH UNLIMITED internet, you really can't go wrong for $25 plus tax, come on people. That even beats out Videotron's slower Fizz 10/1.5 $30 unlimited internet with NO Cable TV included.
Last edited by yuprules on Apr 3rd, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2004
1522 posts
1274 upvotes
Upstairs
yuprules wrote: ... the Starter package is still SD (right?) and not HD. But WITH UNLIMITED internet, you really can't go wrong for $25 plus tax, come on people. That even beats out Videotron's slower Fizz 10/1.5 $30 unlimited internet with NO Cable TV included.
The starter package includes SD and HD channels.
Jan 24, 2009
887 posts
534 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote: In Montreal, with a roof antenna, you should be able to pick up ABC-22 WVNY.
Even some people on the North Shore get it.
Have you tried re-orienting your antenna?
Raising it a little?
RG59 wire?

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapp ... 26type%3dD
Theoretically yes but practically no.

You need a VHF yagi and sometimes band pass filters for the adjacent channels. Transmitter power is low. Maybe with the frequency reorg and ATSC-3 we might get better service.

Also my antenna is 40 feet above ground and about 5 feet above the roof... with a clear line of sight south. Full signal for CBC, NBC, CW and PBS (33). FOX is variable depending on atmospheric conditions.
Last edited by randomroyalty on Apr 3rd, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3922 posts
5415 upvotes
Montreal
yuprules wrote: After reading the letter you were sent. This "free Internet" seems to be for you being able to access the Bell Fibe TV app over WiFi in your home (...)
That's what I thought also but then the letter goes on to say "this means you can surf worry-free" and "jetz03" (OP) wrote that he gets 50/10.
Both of those things need an Internet access.
You can't surf with the Bell TV, Netflix or Weather Network app.
Feb 18, 2019
179 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
does anyone know whether the offer is on in GTA? And online ordering link for this?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3922 posts
5415 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote: Did anyone from Ontario get that letter or it's just for Québec?
SohSay wrote: does anyone know whether the offer is on in GTA? And online ordering link for this?
So far, no one from Ontario has posted that they got that letter.
There's no link also since it's not mentioned on Bell's Web site.
Oct 31, 2011
24 posts
23 upvotes
Burlington
I think this applies to Ontario as well, I only subscribe to Fibe TV and when I tried to use the Netflix app thru the Bell receiver I would get the message that I needed to have an Internet subscription to work, I just tried it now and it works fine.
Sep 30, 2008
376 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
What if you already have bell GIGABIT internet service in Toronto? Any way to get this "Starter FIBE TV" service added gratis? :D
Last edited by lvl1 on Apr 3rd, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
PROUD KOODO CLIENT!
:)
Jun 27, 2018
137 posts
106 upvotes
Don’t trust bell. They will promise and do something now. In 6 months they will show their real colors. If you have a good plan with any other company don’t give up for this.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5631 posts
5754 upvotes
Toronto
cba123 wrote: This doesn't make any sense.
Bell Fibe TV subscriptions always required a Bell Internet plan (similar to the VMedia and Teksavvy requiring their internet plan if you order their TV service as a CRTC requirement).

I assume they only upgraded your existing Bell Fibe 15 internet service, which you are already paying for, from 100GB to unlimited, like Teksavvy and others were upgrading to unlimited due to COVID-19. Fibe 15 normally includes only 100GB, while Fibe 25 and Fibe 50 have unlimited data.
Right but that placeholder Fibe Internet Services has a 0.5GB monthly cap in place making them not usable for practical purposes.
A glass of wine with you, sir, and the ladies I'll enjoy.
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3922 posts
5415 upvotes
Montreal
carlost wrote: I think this applies to Ontario as well, I only subscribe to Fibe TV and when I tried to use the Netflix app thru the Bell receiver I would get the message that I needed to have an Internet subscription to work, I just tried it now and it works fine.
Are you subscribed to the Starter package?
Could you check if you have Internet access by doing a Speedtest over Wi-Fi on your computer or your cell phone and report back?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
1065 posts
179 upvotes
Anyway to use fibe tv with Rogers internet workaround?!
Oct 31, 2011
24 posts
23 upvotes
Burlington
Temporel wrote: Are you subscribed to the Starter package?
Could you check if you have Internet access by doing a Speedtest over Wi-Fi on your computer or your cell phone and report back?
I just did a SpeedTest on my phone 32Mbps download 6Mbps Upload I have the Better Package for TV
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3922 posts
5415 upvotes
Montreal
carlost wrote: I just did a SpeedTest on my phone 32Mbps download 6Mbps Upload I have the Better Package for TV
Thanks for posting.
That 32/6 on your phone was over Wi-Fi and NOT mobile service, right?
That would confirm Ontario and Québec with any Bell Fibe TV package.
Even more insane!
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3179 posts
1867 upvotes
Kitchener
Temporel wrote: That's not the case.
Québec has nothing to do in that matter.
Telecommunications are a federal jurisdiction.
It's been a few years now that you DON'T need a Bell Internet subscription to get Fibe TV.
Last few times that I checked, when trying to get rid of Rogers Cable I was given a hard "no" from Bell when I asked, and told it wasn't allowed in Ontario. This was even when I had Virgin Internet (which is owned by Bell).

I finally did get Fibe-TV back in November, but only because Bell told me they'd give me an Internet package similar to Virgin, as I was told once again I have to have Bell Internet to run Fibe. If it has changed since then, that's great news for everyone.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?