Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] Bell Internet Included with Fibe TV subscription

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2020 9:10 am
Dec 25, 2012
801 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
What if you didnt get the letter hut already have five internet and TV?

Will this be automatically done so the internet cost is eliminated?
JS
Apr 2, 2020
16 posts
19 upvotes
James Stonehenge wrote: What if you didnt get the letter hut already have five internet and TV?

Will this be automatically done so the internet cost is eliminated?
Definitely not.
Although I claim to work for Bell I do not speak for them. Everything I say or post will be of my own words and opinions.
Any information I provide would be the same information I would be comfortable providing to anyone on any call I would take at work.
Apr 18, 2006
3 posts
I also got the letter this week and didn't think much about it, I've been with Bell for 10yrs (TV) on the better package. Internet is with another provider, so last night I took a closer look at the internet and I get 50 Down / 10 up. I was pleasantly surprised, I also checked the bell app to see if any usage was being recorded and nothing appears under the internet.
Dec 25, 2012
801 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
ivanpehar wrote: I also got the letter this week and didn't think much about it, I've been with Bell for 10yrs (TV) on the better package. Internet is with another provider, so last night I took a closer look at the internet and I get 50 Down / 10 up. I was pleasantly surprised, I also checked the bell app to see if any usage was being recorded and nothing appears under the internet.
Blueblob wrote: Definitely not.
So if I cancel the internet portion I will get 50 down 10 up?
JS
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13651 posts
3932 upvotes
London
Temporel wrote: That seems to be the case for Québec.
But on the Ontario side of Bell's Web site, it says "$209.95 installation fees apply with no term contract or $59.95 with a 2-year term on TV (early cancellation charges equivalent to waived portion of installation fee apply)."

So if you cancel within 2 years, installation fees would be anywhere between $60 and $210.

Seems unlikely, because so far, no NEW customer has posted that they got that deal.
It seems to be for existing customers ONLY.
If you're a new customer you can just call up and have them set up just fibe tv over the phone.

Since it requires internet to function, you can just connect to the router and enjoy internet from it. It will be 15mb as that's the minimum speed for fibe

I did this for a bit. Used fibe internet for my Xbox and my Rogers internet for everything else
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1314 posts
256 upvotes
ORLEANS
So anyone new customers get the basic fibe Tv package? And it has access to internet included?
Apr 2, 2020
16 posts
19 upvotes
James Stonehenge wrote:
So if I cancel the internet portion I will get 50 down 10 up?
...Again. No. Unless you got the letter you -will not- get this offer. I can't be more clear than that.
Viper98 wrote: If you're a new customer you can just call up and have them set up just fibe tv over the phone.

Since it requires internet to function, you can just connect to the router and enjoy internet from it. It will be 15mb as that's the minimum speed for fibe

I did this for a bit. Used fibe internet for my Xbox and my Rogers internet for everything else
This is not gurenteed to work. Infact from my understanding there is a possibility of being charged for any usage you use not realted to the tv. The package for MOST customers does not include any usage besides the apps on the PVR. Anything else is subject to normal pay per use charges.
Palidino wrote: So anyone new customers get the basic fibe Tv package? And it has access to internet included?
Again, no.. This is not an offer for any new customer. Bell -will not- provide TV and internet for 25 bucks to anyone who asks.. This would be well below market average and illegal for them to do as no smaller company could ever compete without a massive loss.

I really don't know how to explain it any clearer then I have in previous posts..

This offer is TARGETED to current customers. Either you got the letter or you didn't. Opening a new Fibe TV service -WILL NOT- come with any included internet usage. This would be completely unrealistic to expect. Anyone connecting something other than a PVR to the connection would be subject to usage charges just as always and I can truly tell you that there would never be a credit applied for this as you are using a service for something it was not intended for.

This thread is very cut and dry. If you got a letter, congratulations - you have unlimited internet included and it is up to you to decide if you want to keep it. If you did not get this letter you will not be getting this offer, there is no way around this. No agent even has access to something like this.
Although I claim to work for Bell I do not speak for them. Everything I say or post will be of my own words and opinions.
Any information I provide would be the same information I would be comfortable providing to anyone on any call I would take at work.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1150 posts
504 upvotes
Waterloo
Blueblob wrote: This thread is very cut and dry. If you got a letter, congratulations - you have unlimited internet included and it is up to you to decide if you want to keep it. If you did not get this letter you will not be getting this offer, there is no way around this. No agent even has access to something like this.
Thanks for all your sleuthing work on this. So really this thread should be locked or moved to a discussion forums since it’s not actually a hot deal that anyone can access. You have to be a current Bell TV customer without internet and hope that they’re feeling generous enough to give you free internet for no reason.