Ongoing Deal Discussion

Bell

Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 6:21 pm
Nov 14, 2017
115 posts
99 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote: Cleary you didn't call in for quite some time. Gigabit regular price is $104.95 a month.
Thanks for making me go back and check my second last bill from Bell as the last one was the final bill settling the account. I snipped the internet portion and attached it below. I did make a mistake in fact and forgot to take the recent price hike on the internet service into account. My apologies. I should of stated the regular price is $154.95 per month.
Images
  • Bell Annotation 2019-04-30 224822.jpg
Nov 22, 2018
11 posts
2 upvotes
CaseLogic wrote: Was at Adonis grocery store on Eglinton in Toronto yesterday. Bell rep at a little kiosk at the front. For new customers he was offering gigabit fiber, better TV package and home phone for 99/month on a 2 year contract. Offer wasn't location dependent. If i signed up on the spot he would have thrown in a gift card too (I think he said $20). As an existing customer he couldn't offer me anything at all though.
This is a good deal...i will check this out, hopefully that rep will be there tomorrow.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
rage2021 wrote: In new subdivision

Fibe 1.5gbps
Starter tv
Home phone
Crave TV and HBO for 1 year
Wifi home pods
No installation
No contract/cancellation fee
$68.95/month
good offer. this in ontario?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1338 posts
599 upvotes
spena wrote: good offer. this in ontario?
yes. i dont need 1.5gbps, i dont see why anyone would unless netflix/amazon start streaming uncompressed 50-100gb 4k movies (i hope this happens sooner rather then later cause uncompressed looks waayyy better)
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON

Fibe 1.5gbps
Starter tv
Home phone
Wifi home pods
No installation
$68.95/month
home phone lite? That's a solid deal.
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1338 posts
599 upvotes
cazzo1980 wrote: home phone lite? That's a solid deal.
yep home phone lite..i only really wanted to get internet at first but when i think about it... 1.5 gbps and CraveTV+HBO is like a $20/month value alone so seemed like too good of a deal.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
rage2021 wrote: yep home phone lite..i only really wanted to get internet at first but when i think about it... 1.5 gbps and CraveTV+HBO is like a $20/month value alone so seemed like too good of a deal.
yea good deal, would sign up for that offer. Where in Ontario is this offered?
Dec 1, 2006
982 posts
228 upvotes

Fibe 1.5gbps
Starter tv
Home phone
Wifi home pods
No installation
$68.95/month
How did you get this deal???
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1338 posts
599 upvotes
chinmoku_tak wrote: How did you get this deal???
New subdivision promo in Markham, ON. Maybe the builder paid something upfront for it I am guessing.

At first it was only two months crave/HBO but then I cancelled the order 2 hrs later for Rogers and they counter-offered 1 year. lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON
rage2021 wrote: yep home phone lite..i only really wanted to get internet at first but when i think about it... 1.5 gbps and CraveTV+HBO is like a $20/month value alone so seemed like too good of a deal.
I think its a good deal, good for you, enjoy those crazy speeds!!
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
Andrew747 wrote: Thanks for making me go back and check my second last bill from Bell as the last one was the final bill settling the account. I snipped the internet portion and attached it below. I did make a mistake in fact and forgot to take the recent price hike on the internet service into account. My apologies. I should of stated the regular price is $154.95 per month.
Guess you should have called in long ago when they dropped the regular price. Since for Atleast the last 8 months it's been $104.95 with no discounts. Even the 1.5gig is only $114.95 and that comes with the free pods.
Nov 14, 2017
115 posts
99 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote: Guess you should have called in long ago when they dropped the regular price. Since for Atleast the last 8 months it's been $104.95 with no discounts. Even the 1.5gig is only $114.95 and that comes with the free pods.
I did call them. In fact it was soon after my deal began when I noticed they weren't living up to the deal that was promised. I escalated once and they wouldn’t budge. It was not that big an amount and I was pleased with the service so I decided to let it ride until this spring when once again they wouldn’t budge so in order to save $2K I switched to Rogers.

I should contrast this with my recent experience with Rogers. To ensure a smooth transition back to Rogers they really gave me the VIP treatment and assigned me an account executive. When I noticed they weren’t living up to our deal I called him. To my surprise, he informed me that he was already aware of the issue and was on top of it. Not only did he fix it but he ended up giving me even a better deal!!! I only wish he could somehow magically bring up the quality of Rogers’ internet to that of Bell’s FTTH.
Apr 29, 2019
3 posts

Fibe 1.5gbps
Starter tv
Home phone
Wifi home pods
No installation
$68.95/month
Hey, can you PM me with more details about that? Did someone come to your door?

edit: never mind, saw what you posted above
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
Andrew747 wrote: I did call them. In fact it was soon after my deal began when I noticed they weren't living up to the deal that was promised. I escalated once and they wouldn’t budge. It was not that big an amount and I was pleased with the service so I decided to let it ride until this spring when once again they wouldn’t budge so in order to save $2K I switched to Rogers.

I should contrast this with my recent experience with Rogers. To ensure a smooth transition back to Rogers they really gave me the VIP treatment and assigned me an account executive. When I noticed they weren’t living up to our deal I called him. To my surprise, he informed me that he was already aware of the issue and was on top of it. Not only did he fix it but he ended up giving me even a better deal!!! I only wish he could somehow magically bring up the quality of Rogers’ internet to that of Bell’s FTTH.
You over paying by $50 a month just on the internet alone isn't a big amount ? That's what I pay for my internet with my forever $50 discount.

Didn't budge? Whats to budge, they were over charging you by $50 a month. That's without even having a discount and not a new customer price. You could have cancelled and signed right back up and the bill be $50 less.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
2268 posts
2729 upvotes
Any current bell deals for existing customers?
>Wake up and take the orange pill ...
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON
RageOfFury wrote: A Bell rep came to my door today offering me the following:

Fibe 1Gbps/750mbps unlimited Internet
Alt TV with Crave
Free modem/router
Free install
Free activation
$69.99+tx/month forever

I'm currently with Videotron and quite happy with the service. The Bell offer is tempting, but I don't know if I want to jump to Bell. Worried about having issues, both with the service and billing/accounting. Thoughts?
all depends on your finances. If your happy with your current subscriber and your okay paying what your paying, why jump ship?
Nov 14, 2017
115 posts
99 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote: You over paying by $50 a month just on the internet alone isn't a big amount ? That's what I pay for my internet with my forever $50 discount.

Didn't budge? Whats to budge, they were over charging you by $50 a month. That's without even having a discount and not a new customer price. You could have cancelled and signed right back up and the bill be $50 less.
I could not simply get up and leave from Bell without incurring an ECF on my TV deal. Moreover once I had left I seriously doubt I would be allowed to grab the latest and greatest promo from them. I wasn’t allowed to in the past.

To wit, I had a major fight with Bell three years ago. After several escalations I got them to honour a super duper retention deal that I had accepted from them. The kicker was they would honour it only for a month. They claimed the offer I had accepted was made in error and they gave me a 30 day notice of termination of service which they said was allowed under their TOS for all customers and told me I was ineligible for any promos for the next year!!!

I was incensed at the time and canceled all my Bell accounts in retribution. However shortly after I came to realize that Rogers’ DOCSIS service was much faster that Bell’s FTTN service and so I was grateful to Bell for kicking me off their network.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
Andrew747 wrote: I could not simply get up and leave from Bell without incurring an ECF on my TV deal. Moreover once I had left I seriously doubt I would be allowed to grab the latest and greatest promo from them. I wasn’t allowed to in the past.

To wit, I had a major fight with Bell three years ago. After several escalations I got them to honour a super duper retention deal that I had accepted from them. The kicker was they would honour it only for a month. They claimed the offer I had accepted was made in error and they gave me a 30 day notice of termination of service which they said was allowed under their TOS for all customers and told me I was ineligible for any promos for the next year!!!

I was incensed at the time and canceled all my Bell accounts in retribution. However shortly after I came to realize that Rogers’ DOCSIS service was much faster that Bell’s FTTN service and so I was grateful to Bell for kicking me off their network.
Except $104.95 isnt a promo. That's the regular price.
A early termination fee that's saved back after 1.5 months.

You are a new customer every 6 months.
And yes you sure can get the latest promo. Did that every 2 years by putting in cancellation request to sign up in girlfriends name. Only once did it actually even make the date but got an ongoing promo so now don't even need to bother calling. Every other time they came back with a deal better than what I was asking for to start with.

Next time I'll call is June when I can get fiber.
Nov 14, 2017
115 posts
99 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote: Except $104.95 isnt a promo. That's the regular price.
A early termination fee that's saved back after 1.5 months.

You are a new customer every 6 months.
And yes you sure can get the latest promo. Did that every 2 years by putting in cancellation request to sign up in girlfriends name. Only once did it actually even make the date but got an ongoing promo so now don't even need to bother calling. Every other time they came back with a deal better than what I was asking for to start with.

Next time I'll call is June when I can get fiber.
At the time I was told I would have to wait 12 months before I could sign-up on a new promo but if I can now do that in 6 months that’s great. Hopefully in the future I will be able score a deal like yours.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1338 posts
599 upvotes
What's best setup for this home hub and wifi pods? Even with my phone directly beside thr hub it's 200mbps. The modem self test says 1.5 Gbps lol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)