Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2019 9:46 pm
Jan 1, 2019
3 posts
moh230 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 4:57 pm
Yeah I saw a Facebook marketplace ad actually.he told me he is a bell rep. I guess he gets commission. We talked over the phone and then he put me on hold and 3 way called another Bell rep that is on the job. Very genuine guy. Pm me if you want his #. If you only want gigabit fibe internet , his offer was 45-50 bucks a month
Can you provide his contact details? Retentions are fisting me.
Oct 18, 2014
86 posts
33 upvotes
I put in my cancellation with Bell on Saturday. Currently paying 114 + tax a month for gigabit internet, better tv and home phone lite. My promos end next month and then the price jumps to $244/month. When I called to cancel they offered me the same package for $181 for 12 months and then it goes back to $244. I kept the cancelation and signed up with Rogers, basically the same internet and TV package I have with Bell but I'll be paying $89/month.
Jun 15, 2018
585 posts
203 upvotes
Myyykkee wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 5:39 pm
I put in my cancellation with Bell on Saturday. Currently paying 114 + tax a month for gigabit internet, better tv and home phone lite. My promos end next month and then the price jumps to $244/month. When I called to cancel they offered me the same package for $181 for 12 months and then it goes back to $244. I kept the cancelation and signed up with Rogers, basically the same internet and TV package I have with Bell but I'll be paying $89/month.
Unfortunately its not even going to come close to the same internet, But good luck and enjoy.
Oct 18, 2014
86 posts
33 upvotes
I know, I've had Rogers internet before at my house and it wasn't the greatest, Bell is much better (Fibe TV and internet), but I need to save some money and $181 was way too much for me lol
Sep 22, 2012
278 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
Myyykkee wrote:
This is very similar to my situation but when I called and spoke to retention. The agent was very nice and able to reapply all my discounts for 2 years except for my home phone which is now $20 a month (it was $0 before)
May 7, 2012
797 posts
352 upvotes
Myyykkee wrote:
I called in Friday to cancel for Jan 7. Currently have Better TV w/ 4 Int'l channels, Fibe 300/300 unlimited, and NA HP for $110 taxes in. TV credits coming off Jan 8. Original call yielded $146 + taxes. They called back later that day with $126 + taxes. Meanwhile Rogers is coming in with $116 + taxes (for Popular TV + 1 Int'l channel, Internet 150, NA HP w 930 minutes LD + Crave/HBO/TMN 12 months). By Monday, Bell came down to $118 + taxes (with Gigabit but we won't notice the diff anyway). With sufficient time (and timing perhaps too) we can get closer to the true market price for these services.
Oct 18, 2014
86 posts
33 upvotes
That's pretty good and I would keep Bell if they offered that to me. I called retentions twice before finally cancelling and they all offered me the $181. Who knows maybe I'll get a call back from them with a better offer, but I wont hold my breath lol
Jun 15, 2018
585 posts
203 upvotes
Myyykkee wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 6:09 pm
That's pretty good and I would keep Bell if they offered that to me. I called retentions twice before finally cancelling and they all offered me the $181. Who knows maybe I'll get a call back from them with a better offer, but I wont hold my breath lol
Send a complaint email. Talk to the real retentions people lol.
Jul 4, 2015
94 posts
14 upvotes
ON
Anybody notice if the channels just changed between Good and Better TV packages in the last day or so?
Oct 14, 2018
11 posts
2 upvotes
Myyykkee wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 6:09 pm
If you still would like ur bell package you had PM me. But instead of 114, it'll be around 130 a month.
Oct 14, 2018
11 posts
2 upvotes
dolfan13 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 11:01 pm
anyone used any reliable reps found on kijiji? thanks
If you need a reps # let me know. The promotion is better TV package+ gigabit internet+home phone for 130 a month. Includes modem+4k PVR box . the person will waive activation fee and installation fee.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3245 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
dmbcanada wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 11:36 am
Took the risk and signed up for Bell ATL TV + Fibe 50 for $64.95 per month. They were really pushing for the sale so they offered the $40 discount for a year instead of 6 months, no activation fee and free modem.
the 12 month promo was during boxing week, they just changed it to 6 months on the 1st. I just signed up for this as well over the weekend with activation waived and modem included. However, I also got the $100 visa gift card. Not sure if that was boxing week only, so you should try calling back and asking.
I was offered the same but for 59.95 for 12 months during black friday/ cyber monday week but they wouldnt give me the visa gift card at the time so i refused it and I kind of regretted not taking it afterwards. i have pay $60 more for the year now but the gift card makes up for it. (I tried asking for the previous offer of 59.95 but was told they cant and i tried 3 different reps).
For those that may say 50mbps is to slow....its plenty fast for our needs and uses. We've lived with rogers 60mbps for the past few years so I dont feel the downgrade of 10mbps will make a very noticable difference.
Last edited by Fightguard on Jan 2nd, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3245 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
dmbcanada wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 9:29 pm
Is it true you can only watch ALT TV on one device at a time? Considering making the switch from Rogers or going 100% TV free and doing Netflix and Amazon Prime only.
I was told by a rep its only 1 device at a time...i think I also remember reading that as well a while ago on an FAQ.
Aug 12, 2012
120 posts
31 upvotes
London, ON
Fightguard wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 11:32 pm
I was told by a rep its only 1 device at a time...i think I also remember reading that as well a while ago on an FAQ.
It is 2 at the same time while in your own home confirmed yesterday with Bell rep.
Aug 12, 2012
120 posts
31 upvotes
London, ON
Fightguard wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 11:30 pm
the 12 month promo was during boxing week, they just changed it to 6 months on the 1st. I just signed up for this as well over the weekend with activation waived and modem included. However, I also got the $100 visa gift card. Not sure if that was boxing week only, so you should try calling back and asking.
For those that may say 50mbps is to slow....its plenty fast for our needs and uses. We've lived with rogers 60mbps for the past few years so I dont feel the downgrade of 10mbps will make a very noticable difference.
I thought the gift card was only offered if you signed up at the source, have not seen any promos online with the card. 50mpbs is a good speed since with Rogers crappy CODA modem my wifi was never over 50mbps on 500u package! Do you know what modem you get with the 50/10?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

HelloJellos214214214