Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2019 10:10 pm
Jun 15, 2018
572 posts
194 upvotes
dmbcanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 9:46 am
I thought the gift card was only offered if you signed up at the source, have not seen any promos online with the card. 50mpbs is a good speed since with Rogers crappy CODA modem my wifi was never over 50mbps on 500u package! Do you know what modem you get with the 50/10?
Every new install I've know in about the last year got the HH3000.
Feb 8, 2017
26 posts
11 upvotes
GTA
Hello all and Happy New Year

Been a while since I've signed on here but have enjoyed reading the threads at least once a week.

Twenty + years as a Rogers customer and my current 2 years with Rogers is expiring soon, was paying 155ish for VIP, 100u and HP with call display etc. Rogers told me that a renewal would be the popular package, same internet and phone for 165ish.

Decided to check out Bell offers and was offered, 4K PVR, Better TV, Gig unlimited internet and HP lite and 2 months free of most of the movie channels for $144 tax in.

I have no idea if that's a good offer but at least it's $20.00 less than Rogers.

Two concerns I have with the Bell offer, most of the the credits are for one year and then disappear which means more money from my bank account disappears, after the first year. Astonished Face
Then there's that wording credits apply to full billing period. So, if I have this right, full charges will apply for the first billing period which will be pro-rated for that period based on the rate without any credits.
Is that correct?

I have never been in the right place at the right time to get some of the awesome deals some of you guys have received over the years. Such is life I guessSmiling Face With Open Mouth

I appreciate and thank anyone that replies.
Nov 4, 2015
274 posts
55 upvotes
T.O
Any deals currently for gigabit or better for the L4H area? Looking to switch over from Rogers and not paying more than $80
KOODO 8GB/$50 + 6GB/$15 = 14GB/$65 on medium tab w/iPhone 11

BST: Jordan1/Yeezy DS FS 😃
Feb 22, 2015
308 posts
58 upvotes
Ontario
Hey guys, currently I'm with Virgin 25/10 for $50. I want something better for same price or less. Is there any promo currently happening?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3206 posts
1670 upvotes
Toronto
dmbcanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 9:46 am
I thought the gift card was only offered if you signed up at the source, have not seen any promos online with the card.
Online/phone reps offer the prepaid Visa gift card of $100 not the Source gift card. https://bellgiftcard.com/Login/FAQ
The phone rep offered it to me during boxing week with the 12 month $64.95 50mbps+altTV promo.
The visa gift card was also offered during BF/CM weeks, but I was denied the visa card when offered the same 50mbps+AltTV but for $59.95 for the 12 months because i had to sign up for internet + FibeTV (on 2yr contract) to get the prepaid visa. Internet + AltTV did not qualify for the Visa gift card during BF/CM, but they were willing to give it to me last week when I signed up during the boxing week promo.
I'm geting the Home Hub something-something modem :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7474 posts
2686 upvotes
Markham
Assuming you're self employed or run a business out of your house, has anyone on this thread switch from "Personal" to "Small Business" with Bell?
The main "caveat" is that it's a three year contract with early cancels liable for 50% of the cost for remaining contract. Having said that the rates are incredibly good vs personal and you don't have to call back every year to renegotiate.

Eg. Business FIBE 25 (25 down, 10 up), Unlimited usage
Advanced phone with 20 calling features, unlimited long distance
Fibe TV (Good) - not the same good TV in the "personal plans" as it includes TSN, sportsnet etc

$112.85/mo

You can bump up the internet to Business Gigabit (940 down, 940 up) for $15 more => $127/mth

I know I'd be glad with these prices....anyone else? Price is subject to change but it's also subject to change with personal.

https://business.bell.ca/shop/small-business/bundles
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 12, 2012
110 posts
16 upvotes
London, ON
gr8dlr wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 2:14 pm
Assuming you're self employed or run a business out of your house, has anyone on this thread switch from "Personal" to "Small Business" with Bell?
The main "caveat" is that it's a three year contract with early cancels liable for 50% of the cost for remaining contract. Having said that the rates are incredibly good vs personal and you don't have to call back every year to renegotiate.

Fibe TV (Good) - not the same good TV in the "personal plans" as it includes TSN, sportsnet etc

$112.85/mo

You can bump up the internet to Business Gigabit (940 down, 940 up) for $15 more => $127/mth

I know I'd be glad with these prices....anyone else? Price is subject to change but it's also subject to change with personal.

Sounds good but I notice they have fine print: Subject to annual change.†
Aug 12, 2012
110 posts
16 upvotes
London, ON
Fightguard wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 1:00 pm
Online/phone reps offer the prepaid Visa gift card of $100 not the Source gift card. https://bellgiftcard.com/Login/FAQ
The phone rep offered it to me during boxing week with the 12 month $64.95 50mbps+altTV promo.
The visa gift card was also offered during BF/CM weeks, but I was denied the visa card when offered the same 50mbps+AltTV but for $59.95 for the 12 months because i had to sign up for internet + FibeTV (on 2yr contract) to get the prepaid visa. Internet + AltTV did not qualify for the Visa gift card during BF/CM, but they were willing to give it to me last week when I signed up during the boxing week promo.
I'm geting the Home Hub something-something modem :)
Did you sign up in a Bell Store or the Source? I asked and was told that it expired on December 22nd, so no go on the Visa prepaid for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3206 posts
1670 upvotes
Toronto
dmbcanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 3:42 pm
Did you sign up in a Bell Store or the Source? I asked and was told that it expired on December 22nd, so no go on the Visa prepaid for me.
I signed up by calling the Bell general sales line. The Visa prepaid card offer was definitely on the website during boxing week. That is the only reason I called again because I was specifically waiting for that offer to return since BF/CM. So that offer being expired on Dec 22 is the rep not knowing or BS'ing.
Aug 12, 2012
110 posts
16 upvotes
London, ON
justsomeonehere wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 10:48 am
Hello all and Happy New Year

Been a while since I've signed on here but have enjoyed reading the threads at least once a week.

Twenty + years as a Rogers customer and my current 2 years with Rogers is expiring soon, was paying 155ish for VIP, 100u and HP with call display etc. Rogers told me that a renewal would be the popular package, same internet and phone for 165ish.

Decided to check out Bell offers and was offered, 4K PVR, Better TV, Gig unlimited internet and HP lite and 2 months free of most of the movie channels for $144 tax in.

I have no idea if that's a good offer but at least it's $20.00 less than Rogers.

Two concerns I have with the Bell offer, most of the the credits are for one year and then disappear which means more money from my bank account disappears, after the first year. Astonished Face
Then there's that wording credits apply to full billing period. So, if I have this right, full charges will apply for the first billing period which will be pro-rated for that period based on the rate without any credits.
Is that correct?

I have never been in the right place at the right time to get some of the awesome deals some of you guys have received over the years. Such is life I guessSmiling Face With Open Mouth

I appreciate and thank anyone that replies.
yes most of the credits expire at end of year one, so you are back to square one and of course you are subject to price increase during that year. It is a risk but of course so is dealing with Rogers, so it is up to you. I can only comment on Rogers Gigabit internet, but from what I hear Bell Gigabit is more stable.
Aug 12, 2012
110 posts
16 upvotes
London, ON
Any Sales rep out there to contact for good deals? Tried a few previous reps names I had and the emails bounced back.
Jun 15, 2018
572 posts
194 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 2:14 pm

$112.85/mo

You don't need to run a small business from your home.. Anyone can sign up for the business packages. As long as you know the terms. They still get the normal yearly increases usually like everyone else. Business fibe still has access to tsn/Sportsnet. Just don't say you have a liquor liscense or you get screwed for $200+ a month just for tsn and sportsnet.
Feb 22, 2015
308 posts
58 upvotes
Ontario
dmbcanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 8:28 pm
Any Sales rep out there to contact for good deals? Tried a few previous reps names I had and the emails bounced back.
Would like to know this as well. Chatting with Bell online led to nowhere.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1203 posts
424 upvotes
GTA
Any reps here? My rogers plan is up Feb 3rd, gigabit + tv = $99
I have fiber lines in my backyard
msg me :D
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3994 posts
1849 upvotes
GSpeed wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 3:38 pm
Any reps here? My rogers plan is up Feb 3rd, gigabit + tv = $99
I have fiber lines in my backyard
msg me :D
Mine ends on the 4th, any reps especially in London region able to PM to help. Thank you!
Last edited by Sejad on Jan 5th, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

lostinpangea