Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2019 10:10 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16987 posts
3848 upvotes
Toronto
Myyykkee wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 5:39 pm
I put in my cancellation with Bell on Saturday. Currently paying 114 + tax a month for gigabit internet, better tv and home phone lite. My promos end next month and then the price jumps to $244/month. When I called to cancel they offered me the same package for $181 for 12 months and then it goes back to $244. I kept the cancelation and signed up with Rogers, basically the same internet and TV package I have with Bell but I'll be paying $89/month.
I’m paying about $129 plus tax on Bell, and will be going to $105 plus tax for a better package on Rogers.

It was the same issue. Bell was offering me diddly squat. They could get me closer to $150 but it would have meant dropping from my current Gigabit to 25 Mbps. Uhh. No thx.

Plus I have not been impressed by the HD quality on Bell Fibe, and I don’t like their streaming applications either, so I figured I’d give Rogers a try.
Last edited by EugW on Jan 7th, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 8, 2018
28 posts
81 upvotes
Canada
Atlantic Canada:

Before:
1 HD PVR, 1 HD Wireless Reciever
Popular TV w/2 Theme Packagaes
Fibe 500u/500d
Unlim Can/US Long Distance
$112.72 (before tax)

Discount Ends: $195.95 (before tax)

Retention:
Free upgrade to 4k TV
Renew credit on 2nd reciever and theme packs for 1 year
Throw in a few extra credits for kicks and giggles
$144.72 (before tax)

So in the end only got a $32 increase and got the 4k upgrade fee waived.
Sep 24, 2013
29 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Matafaka wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 1:09 pm
Would like to know this as well. Chatting with Bell online led to nowhere.
Ditto.
Mar 12, 2006
21 posts
Toronto, On
anyone have a Bell Rep for Milton? I'm moving in next week and looking for a deal as a new customer. If you have someone PM me.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3206 posts
1670 upvotes
Toronto
dmbcanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 3:42 pm
Did you sign up in a Bell Store or the Source? I asked and was told that it expired on December 22nd, so no go on the Visa prepaid for me.
I just made a call today to help another family member sign up. The rep told me TODAY (Jan 7, 2019) is the last day for the $100 Visa gift card Promo. She read the memo to me to confirm the dates. Also, services MUST be activated by Jan 15th to qualify for the gift cad. Call again. Do not leave that $100 on the table :)
Jun 7, 2009
445 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
Just called for Internet

They offered

Gigabit + Alt TV

Half off - $49.99 - 12 months
$5 off - Possibly 12 months?
Waived Installation Fee
No Contract

Net Price for First Year - $45
Aug 12, 2012
110 posts
16 upvotes
London, ON
Fightguard wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 2:04 pm
I just made a call today to help another family member sign up. The rep told me TODAY (Jan 7, 2019) is the last day for the $100 Visa gift card Promo. She read the memo to me to confirm the dates. Also, services MUST be activated by Jan 15th to qualify for the gift cad. Call again. Do not leave that $100 on the table :)
I actually just had to cancel my Bell deal as I found out I have major wiring issues with my phone lines so DSL would not work at the moment. Would have had to pay out of pocket to fix the wiring. Called Rogers winback and they gave me a better deal, so will stick with them for now until I can decide if I want to invest in DSL as FTTH is not available in my area, nor do I think it ever will be.
Feb 22, 2015
308 posts
58 upvotes
Ontario
Fightguard wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 2:04 pm
What deal did you get, other than the $100 gift card? Also, which department did you speak to?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3206 posts
1670 upvotes
Toronto
Matafaka wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 8:40 pm
What deal did you get, other than the $100 gift card? Also, which department did you speak to?
Gigabit internet
AltTV
Home Phone Choice + unlimited. Can & US
No activation
Modem rental included
$100 Visa prepaid

$89.90 month for 12 months
I did this over chat first since I was "impersonating" my family member to sign up - obviously, with their permission ;), so we could talk freely while I was on chat with the rep.
Then I phoned in afterwards once the offer was confirmed just to verify a couple of details and to confirm installation date. That's when the rep told me service had to be activated by the 15th if I want the gift card.
Aug 12, 2012
110 posts
16 upvotes
London, ON
I think you had to get FTTH in order to qualify for the Visa prepaid card, I was only getting FTTN 50 Fibe.
Jun 15, 2018
572 posts
194 upvotes
dmbcanada wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 8:30 pm
I actually just had to cancel my Bell deal as I found out I have major wiring issues with my phone lines so DSL would not work at the moment. Would have had to pay out of pocket to fix the wiring. Called Rogers winback and they gave me a better deal, so will stick with them for now until I can decide if I want to invest in DSL as FTTH is not available in my area, nor do I think it ever will be.
No you don't but whatever, they would make it work that's what you are paying for. Enjoy your Rogers.
May 12, 2006
178 posts
21 upvotes
Those who got the Gift cards after signing up recently, how long it took Bell to process the giftcards?

was it the source or bell that issued gift cards?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3206 posts
1670 upvotes
Toronto
TechFundi wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:13 am
Those who got the Gift cards after signing up recently, how long it took Bell to process the giftcards?

was it the source or bell that issued gift cards?
I was told by a bell phone rep that the Visa cards will not be sent out until at least March, as you have to complete two full billing cycles to further qualify. Surely this is to prevent people from cancelling right away. I dont know about the Source cards.
Dec 5, 2004
322 posts
35 upvotes
Called today. Offered 1gb with alt TV for $69. Do u guys think it's better deal
Dec 30, 2018
2 posts
demondecon wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 1:04 pm
Just tried speaking with retentions as my promos end in March and figured there might be some kind of boxing week promos. Currently in the Toronto area.

Current deal:
TV - Better Package (PVR + 1 receiver) $91.95 - $10 Credit
Internet (25mb) - $89.95 - $34 credit
Home Phone Lite - $44.31 - Ongoing $16 Credit
Monthly cost: $166.34

First rep offered
TV - Better Package (PVR + 1 receiver) $91.95 - $15 Credit 24mths
Internet (25mb) - $89.95 - $30 credit 24mths
Home Phone Lite - $44.31 - Ongoing $24 Credit
Saving $8
- also failed to acknowledge price increase in March, even after specifically mentioning the $6 increase so truly a savings of $2
Monthly cost pre-price increase: $158.34

Advised to put in a cancellation request, called back and the agent did not put in the request

2nd agent tried arguing that they can't remove and/or change promos. Both times I called I mentioned that I'd be willing to upgrade my internet to a faster plan if it was a better rate, and that the same plans (TV/Home Phone, with faster internet - 100mb dl is max in my building) is cheaper for new customers and that the same phone/tv package with 150mb dl on Rogers would also be cheaper than what I'm paying. His response was that new customers should get better rates than customers who have been loyal for 30 years (even after negotiating new rates) as old customers received promos when they initially signed up. He also tried to claim that bundle promos are the same as retention promos. Obviously submitted a second cancellation request for Jan 20th, with a request to be called back by the winback team. This time receiving the cancellation email prior to ending the call.

This is ridiculous the BS we have to go through to get a moderately decent rate. He even acknowledged that in the past year and a half there's been $14 in increases (not including the $6 coming up or the $10 in March 2017)

So to add even more insult to this story, I had the winback team call last week. When telling them I didn't have the time to discuss the offer right then, they forced it down my throat despite multiple times telling them to call back later. They called back today offering the same service for 144, which I refused and requested to speak with a manager. The agent put me on hold saying a manager wasn't available but he could now give the following offer:

102.85+tax

50 mb/s Internet - $50.95
Home Phone lite - $16.95
TV Better Package - $34.95
- 1 year

I agreed to the deal, specifically asking if I'd receive an email confirmation. Agent stated yes, hour later still hadn't received it, 2 hours later I receive an email stating my cancellation had been removed, but none of the promos/changes were actually applied. Illegally restoring services is beyond ridiculous. I'm already in contact with the Office of the Executive, and I've reached out to a former colleague who works there hoping they can get someone with actual say (Senior manager/director/etc) to give me a call.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)