Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2019 1:01 am
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16135 posts
3312 upvotes
Toronto
AAAAAAA7 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 2:13 pm
Can't with rogers because I'm in Québec.

I get the idea though and could do that with another company. But I'm happy with the internet and don't need tv.

But bell did send an email with a number to call. Will see what they say.
Call Videotron or whatever first to get a deal you can use to negotiate with Bell.
Oct 18, 2014
67 posts
31 upvotes
Bell loyalty manager offered me the same package I have now (Better TV, Gigabit, basic HP) for $108/month for 12 months only. She offered me a lifetime discount on the Internet and HP, but said she couldn’t do anything for TV. Anyway I declined the offer because in March Bell raises their rate another $6/months. I’m sticking with the Rogers off for 2 years.
Nov 25, 2010
303 posts
151 upvotes
Well the number in the email was to the regular sales departement. They had no offers.
The guy suggested alt tv.
69 for alt tv and downgrade from 300 to 50Mb internet with some temporary discount that brought the price back up to 80 after a few months.

Not interested.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16135 posts
3312 upvotes
Toronto
AAAAAAA7 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 8:14 pm
Well the number in the email was to the regular sales departement. They had no offers.
The guy suggested alt tv.
69 for alt tv and downgrade from 300 to 50Mb internet with some temporary discount that brought the price back up to 80 after a few months.

Not interested.
Must be a front line agent starting point. That's what they offered me too to reduce my pricing. They were offering to downgrade me from Gigabit Fibe to 50 Mbps and change the TV plan to get me to less than $150 tax in (with Home Phone). I was like, WTF?!? That would actually be MORE than I was paying before with Gigabit Fibe, but I guess he thought it would be palatable because it was much less than the $220 + tax I would be paying next month.

Do people actually go for these lame deals? They must, or else Bell wouldn't train their agents to offer them.
Feb 13, 2009
393 posts
26 upvotes
Ontario
Can anyone clarify what is required to be able to sign up with Small Business internet and TV? Is HST# required or is a BIN (business identification number) enough? Thanks.
Nov 26, 2009
16 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Wondering the same. Bell has a promo for 79.95$/mo on a 3-year term for 940/940 on a business plan. It's $135/mo discount on $214.95 base for 36 months and they say they can increase the base rate by 10% annually.

I'd be happy with that deal but absolutely need to bypass or bridge the Bell modem and use my own router.

I have a Rogers business cellphone plan that I got with my name as the business name with no HST or business number.
Jun 15, 2018
216 posts
25 upvotes
mattt33 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 12:10 am
Can anyone clarify what is required to be able to sign up with Small Business internet and TV? Is HST# required or is a BIN (business identification number) enough? Thanks.
Nothing is required.

Just understand if you cancel before the 3 years you have to pay 60% or so of the remaining months.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1051 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
I've been without cable for 4-5 years now, but I am really missing out on 4K sports - I have a great TV that's being wasted on streaming.

Can anyone recommend the best way to go about getting cable just for TSN and Sportsnet packages in in HD & 4K?

Thanks in advance.
lenny = white
carl = black
Jun 15, 2018
216 posts
25 upvotes
Jeroyds wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 2:01 pm
I've been without cable for 4-5 years now, but I am really missing out on 4K sports - I have a great TV that's being wasted on streaming.

Can anyone recommend the best way to go about getting cable just for TSN and Sportsnet packages in in HD & 4K?

Thanks in advance.
TSN isn't an always 4k channel. They only show 1 maybe 2 events a week.
Jul 19, 2009
142 posts
62 upvotes
Mississauga
EugW wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 9:04 pm
Must be a front line agent starting point. That's what they offered me too to reduce my pricing. They were offering to downgrade me from Gigabit Fibe to 50 Mbps and change the TV plan to get me to less than $150 tax in (with Home Phone). I was like, WTF?!? That would actually be MORE than I was paying before with Gigabit Fibe, but I guess he thought it would be palatable because it was much less than the $220 + tax I would be paying next month.

Do people actually go for these lame deals? They must, or else Bell wouldn't train their agents to offer them.
I was on a 2 years term expiring next month and when I called for cancellation they offered me from my current 92$ - 1 Gb Fibe, Good TV and home phone package to >> 1 Gb Fibe, Basic package and home phone for 144 + taxes... I politely asked to setup a cancellation. For which the rep did not attempt anything and setup the cancellation for the last date of the month. I call it lame as well. Why would I go worse TV package and pay more than 50% extra?

Do these companies find it funny and exciting to harass existing customers? As soon as you go to Rogers, they will start calling me with a 50$ offer? Why can't they just learn to retain customers rather than this whole stress of negotiating and then moving from Bell to Rogers and repeat forever... And Rogers does the same thing ....

Why oh why?

For now I will wait to get a call from their retention or start shopping for Rogers who again will not offer me the 2x-3x$ 1000 MBPS package.... they all get some sort of sadist pleasure in squeezing more from loyal customers and giving it for cheap to new ones in the name of earning new accounts. uffff!!!
Nov 25, 2010
303 posts
151 upvotes
asrm wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 11:49 am
I was on a 2 years term expiring next month and when I called for cancellation they offered me from my current 92$ - 1 Gb Fibe, Good TV and home phone package to >> 1 Gb Fibe, Basic package and home phone for 144 + taxes... I politely asked to setup a cancellation. For which the rep did not attempt anything and setup the cancellation for the last date of the month. I call it lame as well. Why would I go worse TV package and pay more than 50% extra?

Do these companies find it funny and exciting to harass existing customers? As soon as you go to Rogers, they will start calling me with a 50$ offer? Why can't they just learn to retain customers rather than this whole stress of negotiating and then moving from Bell to Rogers and repeat forever... And Rogers does the same thing ....

Why oh why?

For now I will wait to get a call from their retention or start shopping for Rogers who again will not offer me the 2x-3x$ 1000 MBPS package.... they all get some sort of sadist pleasure in squeezing more from loyal customers and giving it for cheap to new ones in the name of earning new accounts. uffff!!!
I read some article a few months ago that said bell is changing its policies on retentions and wants to focus on getting higher average price per customer and less on lower prices.

Seems like for now and the near future, deals will be hard to come by.
Sep 27, 2014
6 posts
20 upvotes
Amherstview, ON
souledge wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 6:23 pm
Just called for Internet

They offered

Gigabit + Alt TV

Half off - $49.99 - 12 months
$5 off - Possibly 12 months?
Waived Installation Fee
No Contract

Net Price for First Year - $45
Which Alt TV package? and which channels do you get for this, did it come with a firestick and which province?
thnx
Jun 29, 2015
288 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto, ON
philyork wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 9:55 pm
Which Alt TV package? and which channels do you get for this, did it come with a firestick and which province?
thnx
Also interested, since I just called them and they offered me 50/50 internet and alt TV for $79.95 plus tax and $60 activation fee, or 50/50 internet for $69.95 a month plus $60 activation fee.

Also, if there’s sales reps from the Oakville Burlington area who can offer me a competitive deal (the sub quote here was $45 for 12 months for gigabit and Alt Tv) please Pm me.
Jul 21, 2013
81 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Why is Rogers unable to match Bell's upload speeds?

Because Rogers can't get anywhere near Bells upload speeds and I need decent speeds to work from home I am stuck with Bell, which doesn't leave me too many options to renegotiate.

I've been trying to increase my internet to 1gig for months now and every time they come back with $99, which doesn't make sense when moving from my current package below (which isn't that great)

500 MB: $60
Better TV + Movies pack + one additional channel: $80
Home phone: $20
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16135 posts
3312 upvotes
Toronto
lestat83 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 1:16 pm
Why is Rogers unable to match Bell's upload speeds?

Because Rogers can't get anywhere near Bells upload speeds and I need decent speeds to work from home I am stuck with Bell, which doesn't leave me too many options to renegotiate.

I've been trying to increase my internet to 1gig for months now and every time they come back with $99, which doesn't make sense when moving from my current package below (which isn't that great)

500 MB: $60
Better TV + Movies pack + one additional channel: $80
Home phone: $20
It's a limitation of the technology. Until they upgrade their technology and infrastructure, Rogers simply can't offer the upload speeds that Bell is offering. However, luckily for Rogers, most customers don't care that much.

What do you do that needs better upload speeds? File uploads? Just wondering.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)