Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2019 11:49 pm
Jul 21, 2013
94 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
EugW wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 1:49 pm
It's a limitation of the technology. Until they upgrade their technology and infrastructure, Rogers simply can't offer the upload speeds that Bell is offering. However, luckily for Rogers, most customers don't care that much.

What do you do that needs better upload speeds? File uploads? Just wondering.
I'm constantly downloading and uploading files to a database for work
Aug 18, 2017
14 posts
20 upvotes
Received this offer and took the bait and got the installation fee waived. Being in southern Ontario outside Rogers footprint this is a really good offer;

1gb unlimited internet with GW rental waived
Starter tv package with 2 4k pvr boxes

For 77.90 a month. Upped the tv package and it came to 92 a month and also got movie network for free for two months trial.

Code on offer was L57237715.

Might not be a super hot deal in Toronto region but in Cogeco footprint this is by far best offer I've seen, most GB Internet plans are $110 alone here.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16566 posts
3599 upvotes
Toronto
Shiznacka wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 11:21 am
Hmm nice...mine is similar but I didn't get the extra receiver/gift card...

I got Fibe 1.5gbps + Better TV + home phone...also threw in the 4 home pods for the mesh network.

So, is this pretty much the standard new customer offer in Toronto? A friend of mine is thinking of switching to Bell.

Other posts suggest the promotion in January is only for 6 months of credits though, correct? (It was 12 months of credits for those who signed up in December.)

Interesting the home phone currently is only $16.95. In my day (2 years ago), I got a similar package but with home phone as a free credit. The normal Home Phone price was $44.44, with a bundle credit for Home Phone of $44.44. However, my discount on TV and internet was less, so it worked out to similar pricing to yours.
lestat83 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 6:35 pm
I'm constantly downloading and uploading files to a database for work
BTW, they're actually going in the opposite direction. Rogers used to offer 1000/50 service. Now they don't. It's now 1000/30 service. I guess their hardware couldn't keep up with the 50 Mbps upload they were offering, so they downgraded the plan.
Jan 4, 2018
7 posts
My 2 year promo's are expiring. Current Fibe deal is Better TV + 2 a la carte channels, 1 4KPVR and 1 box, 300/300 unlimited with wi-fi pods, home phone choice so all the stuff, $112 plus tax. Renew offer was starter TV with sports and 10 a la carte, same internet, same phone for $156. Hmmmmmm and she was surprised i didn't take it even after saying more than once "so I'm getting less and paying almost $45 / mth more?" So after reading this thread not surprised, disappointed of course, but not surprised.
May 17, 2017
196 posts
411 upvotes
Postal code M9B. Was hoping someone could pm me if they have a contact for internet and possibly alt tv. Thanks!
Aug 23, 2013
999 posts
274 upvotes
Scarborough
Bell recently upgraded their infrastructure in my neighborhood and have been calling me for weeks now. I was home at the time and bell offered me the following;

Gigabit Fibe - (Total (before taxes) $104.95 CR $61.00 -- )
Fibe TV No Term (Starter TV - 40 Channels) + 4K Whole Home PVR - (Total (before taxes) $49.95 CR $25.00 -- )
Home phone Choice - (Total (before taxes) $25.00)

Installation, 4k PVR, and Modem Rental fees have all been waived.

Two year deal on no contract.

$106 after taxes.

Good Bye Rogers, and hello Bell!
Aug 14, 2006
866 posts
49 upvotes
Here is my current situation. Its been the same price essentially from 2016 February 20th. Its finally upcoming for renewal. Was a corporate promo as I have a membership through my union discount program.

Bell Fibe TV - Good Package (VIP2262 - HD PVR Receiver)
Bell Fibe 50 Package Unlimited
Bell Home Phone Lite - completely useless don't even use it

Taxes in the total per month is $76.11

Living in Kitchener where the highest available to my home is 100 mbit service for now.

Images
  • BELL-CURRENT.jpg
May 22, 2018
129 posts
208 upvotes
Hi guys,

I'm a Rogers customer who is thinking of getting switched over to Bell because my new building offers Fiber internet. I called in and the best they could offer me was

1.5 Gigabit + 4 Pods
74.99+tax for 6 months (then 114.95/mo for the rest of my time)
+ Installation charges

They couldn't reduce anything else, I was negotiating for a full hour and by the end they literally just said "This is the best we've got". I feel like I'm getting ripped off seeing y'all get TV, Visa gift cards, installation waived, 49 dollar/mo packages, etc.

Anyone have a connection that can help me get a better deal? I'm in the L5W region in Mississauga.
Sep 2, 2011
139 posts
35 upvotes
KANATA
Does anyone else feel that Bell is getting stingy with all their retention deals? Like do they seriously want to keep customers?

I am still doing some research for the grandparents as their 3dl, 20GB and home phone LD package with bell at $114+tax is crazy expensive to me!
I just called and got hung up on twice (awesome), and the 3rd time the best they could offer was $107.89+tax for 1 year then goes up to 137+tax. It would include Bell Alt-TV (which they do not need as they have rogers cable with the condo and they are in there 80s so they wouldn't know how to use it!). Sooo slightly less for a year (barely!) than more expensive. Hell no. I said no, and would call back with a cancellation date.

Meanwhile rogers is offering 150u, and home phone w/ LD for 59.99 + tax! Its too bad I am 400+km away from them so I can't help them get rogers set up, or I would have them switch in a heartbeat!

I am hoping I can give them another call another day and see if they have something different. It's hard to find a deal as they can't bundle 3 services but still!
I don't know if it worth it to actually set up a cancellation date and then have them call back? It's a lot of confusion and hassle for them to switch - they should offer a seniors discount/deal! lol
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1782 posts
226 upvotes
St. Johns
Looking for some advice with trying to get my package price down. I currently have the following (bell aliant) in Newfoundland:

- Fibe 500 Internet
- Fibe TV (2 Receivers)
- Premier Movie/Series Pack
- U/L Can Long Distance
- Bell Aliant Security (standard package)

Currently paying $174 per month plus tax (or $139 for internet/tv/phone not including security). I'm sure I can do better than what I'm currently paying, any advice? I would consider rogers but my security package is a contract so I would need to pay pro-rated amount to get out of that service.

Anyone familiar with east coast offers?
Jul 21, 2016
12 posts
5 upvotes
I was just offered this via retentions (in Cogeco Land):

Good TV + Whole Home PVR (no additional receivers I use firetv sticks for the other tvs)
50 Mbit Unlimited
Basic HP

I should mention this already includes the March price increase.

Approximately $111 per month, with 2yrs on Internet credit and 1 yr on TV, HP credit ongoing.

FWIW there was also an offer for about $130 for the same but better TV package.

I was getting very tempted to switch to start.tv but this is slightly less money (for yr one anyways).

Now I just need to figure out how to port my number to ooma so I can get caller id back without cancelling my service.
Sep 8, 2014
20 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Anyone is going to the "Salon de l'habitation Chaudière-Appalaches"? Last time I had a good deal was based on one of those event.
I need to know what is offered at the Bell booth.

Thanks in advanced.
Dec 5, 2016
184 posts
230 upvotes
So is bell retentions completely useless as for their ability to give people a half-decent deal?

I'm on a $69 fibe 300 plan (at least until the price goes up) and rogers mailed me an offer for $39.99 500Mb for a year. Called the first number in the OP and their best offer was to downgrade my speeds to 50Mb and shave off $5/month (lol). If they're going to raise my rates I at least want an upgrade in speed.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16566 posts
3599 upvotes
Toronto
TouchMyBox wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 8:33 am
So is bell retentions completely useless as for their ability to give people a half-decent deal?

I'm on a $69 fibe 300 plan (at least until the price goes up) and rogers mailed me an offer for $39.99 500Mb for a year. Called the first number in the OP and their best offer was to downgrade my speeds to 50Mb and shave off $5/month (lol). If they're going to raise my rates I at least want an upgrade in speed.
That’s what Bell offered me. To match my bundle pricing for my contract that was ending, they suggested I downgrade from my Gigabit tier to 50 Mbps, and downgrade my TV significantly too. It was such a lame offer, it was just comical.

So now I’m on Rogers on a Gigabit + top tier Premier Digital TV plan (non-IPTV) + Home Phone + Crave/TMN/HBO for one year for $104.99 per month. Free install and $100 up front credit also provided. In the second year it rises to $114.99 and I lose Crave/TMN/HBO. One 4K PVR and one extra TV receiver included. No contract. (The pricing for the mid-tier Popular TV bundle package would have been $89.99 and $99.99 respectively.)

That said, the only reason I was on Bell in the first place was because two years ago, Rogers was not offering me any good retention deals. I took a 2-year promotional deal from Bell to escape Rogers’ high prices.

I just hope going forward I don’t have to switch back and forth every 1-2 years just to get consistently decent deals, but it’s starting to look that way.
Feb 21, 2006
308 posts
27 upvotes
My year long promo is about to expire with Bell. I’m in the M4J region, and looking for a tv + internet package. Anyone with connections to a decent deal that is available can share. Mid tier tv and at least 300mbps. Rates are going to increase to $160 next month and that just ain’t worth it.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

jkolbeck15556201