Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2019 4:24 pm
Jun 7, 2009
246 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
philyork wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 9:55 pm
Which Alt TV package? and which channels do you get for this, did it come with a firestick and which province?
thnx
ZeppelinDude93 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 11:00 am
Also interested, since I just called them and they offered me 50/50 internet and alt TV for $79.95 plus tax and $60 activation fee, or 50/50 internet for $69.95 a month plus $60 activation fee.

Also, if there’s sales reps from the Oakville Burlington area who can offer me a competitive deal (the sub quote here was $45 for 12 months for gigabit and Alt Tv) please Pm me.
Starter, i.e. the one without TSN.

No firestick.

ON, Downtown Toronto
Sep 15, 2006
755 posts
217 upvotes
pmcd wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 2:00 pm
I have Fibe TV and subscribe to Crave+HBO. You can either use the Fibe TV app or the Crave app, at least on the Apple TV. For a while they hadn’t upgraded the Crave app on the Firestick. It was still the Crave TV app and so you couldn’t authorize properly. Isn’t that now fixed?
So I won't be able to just watch Crave, HBO or TMN using my receiver when I get all setup?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1416 posts
2799 upvotes
Scarborough
engman13 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 2:55 pm
So I won't be able to just watch Crave, HBO or TMN using my receiver when I get all setup?
Sure you can watch the HBO, TMN (Crave) content on your Fibe TV receiver. It's on channels 1300 and up. Only when you're not at your TV is when you need to use the app or web portal to watch.
RFD Member # 3476!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4242 posts
2072 upvotes
Northside
New Bell Field Offer

Gigabit Internet
Better TV
HDPVR
$100 VISA Giftcard

$99.99 + HST for 2 years
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1416 posts
2799 upvotes
Scarborough
pmcd wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 2:00 pm
I have Fibe TV and subscribe to Crave+HBO. You can either use the Fibe TV app or the Crave app, at least on the Apple TV. For a while they hadn’t upgraded the Crave app on the Firestick. It was still the Crave TV app and so you couldn’t authorize properly. Isn’t that now fixed?
Honestly I'm not sure. I thought that if you had Crave+HBO as part of your Fibe TV channel package, then you had to use the Fibe TV app... and if you had a standalone Crave subscription then you use the Crave app. So this is not the case?
RFD Member # 3476!
Dec 16, 2017
4 posts
So I tried chatting last night with rogers, and the service rep after a bit of looking said the system was down, blah blah, call back in a few days. Instead I called a little while ago on my way home and got through pretty quick.

First rep answers, do the usual, tell her what's going on (I'm paying too much) and comes back with 170 something. I'm like no, not even close, I've heard of a promo from bell for pretty much the same package as I have (premier TV and 500u internet, no home phone) and they're at 99 bucks so you need to be in the same ballpark at the very least. Hold again, comes back with 160 something. I'm like no way, I'd like to cancel then. I get no transfer, no retentions, nothing. She says oh OK, no problem, asks me for what date, I said I believe my billing date is the 12th so make it for that day. Anything else I can help you with? No. Click.

Wow, I'm done with this crap. A little recognition for loyalty seems really hard to come by these days. I'm jumping on the $99 promo, whether there's a winback call or not.

How do I go about this now? Do I need a field rep or can I just call into Bell?
Mar 23, 2008
735 posts
18 upvotes
Scarborough
Just cancelled my Bell Fibe TV/Internet cause it was going to cost me $200+ for 300MBPS/300GB and Popular package. I was paying about $140/per month when I was paying $100 when I first signed up. Called in and said Rogers was giving me a sweeter package.. They said the only thing they can do is offer me $140/per month... and downgrade my TV package.

Cancellation date is scheduled for this weekend.. and need to get service before the weekend. Any Rogers deals out there?
Jun 7, 2009
246 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Btw, I signed up as a new customer at a different address because the new acquisition deals were better than the retentions deals.
Jun 7, 2009
246 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Just call the general sales line. Worked for me.
Aug 1, 2012
658 posts
70 upvotes
Cambridge
zaidyboy wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 3:25 pm
New Bell Field Offer

Gigabit Internet
Better TV
HDPVR
$100 VISA Giftcard

$99.99 + HST for 2 years
Is it on a contract?
Feb 4, 2019
2 posts
freebie wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2019 4:06 pm
Current new customer promos for internet only:
Gigabit /w unlimited usage - $59.99/mo for 12 months
If fiber-to-the-home is not available, 50Meg /w unlimited usage - $49.99/mo for 12months.

And of course, the triple-bundle of home phone lite, Gigabit internet, Fibe TV Better package, 4KPVR - $99.90/mo for 24 months with waived installation fee is still available until Feb 6.
Can you pm me with info on who to contact pls?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4242 posts
2072 upvotes
Northside
jansh84 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 6:42 pm
Is it on a contract?
2 year contract
#WeTheNorth
Nov 21, 2005
161 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
just called Bell to see what they can offer on just gigabit internet
$70 month for 1 year
$60 activation fee
$100 Visa GC - limited supply, appreantly last day today.
no contract
1 gigabit and 750 upload

is that worth it?
Ive been on gigabit with rogers for $40 a month after tax for almost a year now, expiring soon. issue is that i dont get 1 gbps speeds at all, it fluctuates bigtime.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16330 posts
3402 upvotes
Toronto
zaidyboy wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 3:25 pm
New Bell Field Offer

Gigabit Internet
Better TV
HDPVR
$100 VISA Giftcard

$99.99 + HST for 2 years
I'm curious, how much extra is Home Phone on that promotion?

I called back Bell today because for some reason I had a new charge on my bill after cancellation. It turns out they continued to bill me for Home Phone for while even though I cancelled everything before the new cycle. Strange, considering I don't even have the Home Hub 3000 anymore (returned a couple of weeks ago) and the telephone number is not in service anymore either. Anyhow they reversed that charge but also asked why I left, so I reiterated that when I called in before to see what deals were available, including my initial calls and with my cancellation call, they offered me absolutely terrible offers.

The agent says now I'm eligible for a new promotional offer (even though I'm only a couple of weeks after the termination date), being internet (?speed) with Good TV and Home Phone for $99.99, which is actually cheaper than what I had before. So, I emphasized to the agent that it's way too late now. I already switched weeks ago. I mean I set up my cancellation over a month ago with the termination date 2 weeks ago. If they really wanted my business, they should have offered me a decent deal then. It's pointless to offer the deal an entire month after the fact. BTW, back then I had already told them exactly what I was offered by their competitor, yet they still chose to give terrible offers.

I know it's partially the fault of Bell's retention/winback policy, but it would be so much easier for all involved if we didn't have play these stupid games all the time. Preaching to the choir I know, but it just seems so ludicrous.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1416 posts
2799 upvotes
Scarborough
Jedi-- wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 11:21 am
just called Bell to see what they can offer on just gigabit internet
$70 month for 1 year
$60 activation fee
$100 Visa GC - limited supply, appreantly last day today.
no contract
1 gigabit and 750 upload

is that worth it?
Ive been on gigabit with rogers for $40 a month after tax for almost a year now, expiring soon. issue is that i dont get 1 gbps speeds at all, it fluctuates bigtime.
The info I received is that the gigabit internet-only promo is $59.95/month for 12 months, but no gift card though.

Best option is to see if you can get Rogers to renew your $40 for another year, unless the speed fluctuation is so unstable that it affects your ability to do the things you want (i.e. Netflix streaming, gaming, etc)
RFD Member # 3476!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)