Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2019 2:12 am
Aug 21, 2011
637 posts
304 upvotes
Whitby
zakregent wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 10:59 pm
Anyone have an internet only deal?

Bell offered me the 1gbps for $59.99 for 1 year.. Anything better?
I think that's a good deal. Are you with Bell already or a new customer? I'm with them since 2010 and they gave me only $74 for 1 year on Fibe 100 (that's the max in my neighborhood currently).
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1696 posts
396 upvotes
TORONTO
abshahul wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 4:06 pm
I think that's a good deal. Are you with Bell already or a new customer? I'm with them since 2010 and they gave me only $74 for 1 year on Fibe 100 (that's the max in my neighborhood currently).
New customer.

Ended up going with Rogers, putting in a cancel request helps a lot.
Aug 14, 2006
841 posts
41 upvotes
abshahul wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 3:59 pm

I had Fibe 100 for $69.95 + taxes, my promo expired last week so price went up $30 and saw it just today so called Bell loyalty. They offered me $74 + taxes for 1 year or $77 + taxes with ongoing promo code. Total price would go up whenever the base price increases but the promo credit never expires so I don't have to call in again end of 12 months for another promo credit.

I asked if I could get Fibe Alt Tv for the same price but nope, I have to pay extra $10. The alt tv comes with basic tv + crave tv access (which the rep said has HBO and ShowTime). I made a quick visit to The Source, and they basically offered the same too but at source if you go for the Alt Tv premium (+ $10 so total $97 + taxes, includes ongoing promo credit) which includes the sports channels you get a free fire tv stick.
They called me when I was at work today.

They said name your price basically so now i have bell fibe 50 unlimited internet only for 39.99 for 12 month. I stream everything and don't care for bell fibe tv so i am good to go!

So I guess the trick is to cancel and start the official process and they will likely call you back.
Aug 21, 2011
637 posts
304 upvotes
Whitby
ids748 wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 11:13 pm
They called me when I was at work today.

They said name your price basically so now i have bell fibe 50 unlimited internet only for 39.99 for 12 month. I stream everything and don't care for bell fibe tv so i am good to go!

So I guess the trick is to cancel and start the official process and they will likely call you back.
That's what a friend of mine suggested too, but I was skeptical. Probably I'll give it a go. Thanks.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Jun 15, 2018
254 posts
39 upvotes
SharkDiva wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 3:09 pm
How long is the waiting period to get a new account? Can someone PM with the Bell Rep that offers this? Is it possible to cancel and sign up with another person in the household?
After 6 months you are a new customer.

Yes for sure I was doing that every year until this year when they offered me an ongoing internet promo. I'd call to cancel and sign up in my girlfriends name. Only once did we actually have to do it. All the others they called back before the cancel date to give me their "incredible" offer. Couple times had to deal with cogeco for a few months. But no worries on my end they liked sending out techs to install the service I guess.
Jun 15, 2018
254 posts
39 upvotes
Corinthein wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 2:38 pm
My current 2 year promo just ended for the following:

Fibe TV Good
HDPVR Receiver 60
Wireless Receiver 60
Fibe 25 \ unlimited
Home Phone Choice package \ Unlimited Can/US \ International add on

1st year i was paying $99 and second year $148.

The best offer i received from bell loyalty was to keep existing plan along with the addition of some credits to remain at $148 before tax and no term/contract.

I mentioned the Current Field Offer:
$99.90 x 24 Months
Better TV
Gigabit Internet
Home Phone Lite
4k PVR
No Activation fees

However rep said for new customers only and he couldn't match, i told him i will cancel my account and create a new one to get the field offer and i was informed there is a waiting period before i can create a new account....
Anyhow i will continue on as is unless i can figure out how to get something better or switch to a different provider.
Apr 21, 2016
3 posts
Are there any Bell representatives on this forum? I have been trying to get information on a fibre upgrade that occurred and can't find anyone with information.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1416 posts
2799 upvotes
Scarborough
stutch wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 2:17 pm
Are there any Bell representatives on this forum? I have been trying to get information on a fibre upgrade that occurred and can't find anyone with information.
Generally the frontline staff can only determine whether fibre is available to your address or not, which you can check yourself on the website. https://www.bell.ca/Bell_Internet/Produ ... o-the-home

Sometimes on rare occasions the internal tool might show the rough estimate of when FTTH is available (i.e. "fall 2019"). It will never show anything specific like "March 11, 2019".
RFD Member # 3476!
Nov 8, 2018
2 posts
Was offered $132 plus tax for this
Fibe 50 (Fibe 100 is the highest offered in my area) --Will the Fibe 50 be painfully slow? Kind of worried
Better TV
Home Phone Choice plan with North American Long Distance calling
HBO free 2 months
No installation fees.
Discounts applied for 2 years.

The rep claimed the $99 deal was never offered in my area. I have 6 days until the offer expires, but I'm still looking for a better deal. Rogers loyalty department is being absolutely ridiculous.
Jun 5, 2007
77 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Vinney9111 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 11:55 pm
Was offered $132 plus tax for this
Fibe 50 (Fibe 100 is the highest offered in my area) --Will the Fibe 50 be painfully slow? Kind of worried
Better TV
Home Phone Choice plan with North American Long Distance calling
HBO free 2 months
No installation fees.
Discounts applied for 2 years.

The rep claimed the $99 deal was never offered in my area. I have 6 days until the offer expires, but I'm still looking for a better deal. Rogers loyalty department is being absolutely ridiculous.
I think the cheapest you can get for your offer is around $114.90 plus tax. The $99.90 plus tax deal only has Home Phone Lite (no calling features) and Home Phone Choice (with 8 calling features) is $15 more. The add on for unlimited Canada/US long distance is $10 and I think there's a $10 monthly credit available for two years to offset it. You should get a quotation summary email showing the list of charges and credits for each service.

Here's my current service breakdown as a new customer:

Better TV package: $55.95 (with $29 ongoing monthly credit plus $7 monthly bundle credit)
Fibe 25 internet: $43.95 (with $51 monthly credit for two years)
Home Phone Choice plus unlimited CAN/US calling: $15 ($44.44 ongoing monthly credit and $10 monthly credit for two years for CAN/US calling)

Total: $114.90 (will go up by $5 next month due to internet price increase)
May 22, 2012
367 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 10:39 am
After 6 months you are a new customer.

Yes for sure I was doing that every year until this year when they offered me an ongoing internet promo. I'd call to cancel and sign up in my girlfriends name. Only once did we actually have to do it. All the others they called back before the cancel date to give me their "incredible" offer. Couple times had to deal with cogeco for a few months. But no worries on my end they liked sending out techs to install the service I guess.
Damn, was hoping it was less then that. I just switched to Rogers a couple weeks ago because Bell wouldn’t offer anything, but I’m having nothing but problems with Rogers internet.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1416 posts
2799 upvotes
Scarborough
platinumtiger19 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 7:40 pm
Damn, was hoping it was less then that. I just switched to Rogers a couple weeks ago because Bell wouldn’t offer anything, but I’m having nothing but problems with Rogers internet.
I sent you a PM. Winking Face
RFD Member # 3476!
Jun 15, 2018
254 posts
39 upvotes
platinumtiger19 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 7:40 pm
Yah sucks.

Got a notice from my apartment they are running fiber next Thursday. Guess I'm gonna have to say goodbye to my ongoing internet promo to get gigabit lol
Aug 5, 2011
134 posts
6 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 10:40 am
Will they not know it is the same household and just your partner signing up for the "new customer deal"?
Jun 15, 2018
254 posts
39 upvotes
DealEcstatic wrote:
Feb 24th, 2019 12:32 am
Will they not know it is the same household and just your partner signing up for the "new customer deal"?
Yah but it doesn't matter. Most times they are smart and will offer you the promo to save them re-installing.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)