• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2021 11:12 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 25, 2016
49 posts
12 upvotes

[Bell] Bell win back offer

I ported out my number to Koodo last week and got a call from Bell loyalty department today and the offer was 25gb for $45 with BYOD.

I don’t know the current market rate for good plans. So please don’t hard on me if the offer is not that great. I posted this as some people may be interested in.
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9682 posts
9140 upvotes
Markham
Bell could be paying me $45 a month to use their network and I would impolitely turn them down.
Nov 6, 2006
306 posts
222 upvotes
Coquitlam
Bell should be banned from RFD forever for being **** terrible. I'm personally out $50+ and 10+ hours of my life chasing them on the phone before I gave up last year. Not to mention their despicable treatment of workers and taking subsidies from Canada taxpayers and handing out to shareholders.
Nov 24, 2019
46 posts
49 upvotes
wouldn't trust them for a cent to actually honor this deal
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9682 posts
9140 upvotes
Markham
Koenv55972 wrote: wouldn't trust them for a cent to actually honor this deal
100% chance they will "Set up" this "deal" for you then when you login the first time, it'll say its a different plan that costs twice as much for half the data. And when you call in to fix this issue, it will take 5 calls and 6 hours of your time, and it won't be fixed.

100%
Mar 6, 2008
104 posts
72 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: 100% chance they will "Set up" this "deal" for you then when you login the first time, it'll say its a different plan that costs twice as much for half the data. And when you call in to fix this issue, it will take 5 calls and 6 hours of your time, and it won't be fixed.

100%
This. This is my life. Bell is the worst.
Nov 24, 2019
46 posts
49 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: 100% chance they will "Set up" this "deal" for you then when you login the first time, it'll say its a different plan that costs twice as much for half the data. And when you call in to fix this issue, it will take 5 calls and 6 hours of your time, and it won't be fixed.

100%
Aside from the half data, this is exactly what happened to me.

Tip to everyone that still gambles on getting the deal and gets fked over, don't pay for the extra cost, just let your bill run up by that difference, and pay attention to the max credit you can accumulate. Definitely leave before they suspend your service because it will be harder to take your number with you if this is the happens. Save your conversations just in case.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8342 posts
3037 upvotes
Toronto
Unless you have a business, the big 3 tend to screw you over.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2016
49 posts
12 upvotes
Good to know. I am not taking their offer. I don’t need that much data. Thank you all for the help.
Sep 11, 2020
248 posts
444 upvotes
You might wanna put some info on that title either way , winback for what ? They don't just provide cell plans
I buy what I need , but mostly what I don't need #RFDlife
Sep 26, 2013
140 posts
223 upvotes
Koenv55972 wrote: Aside from the half data, this is exactly what happened to me.

Tip to everyone that still gambles on getting the deal and gets fked over, don't pay for the extra cost, just let your bill run up by that difference, and pay attention to the max credit you can accumulate. Definitely leave before they suspend your service because it will be harder to take your number with you if this is the happens. Save your conversations just in case.
won't this hurt your credit because BELL will send your account to collection?
Nov 24, 2019
46 posts
49 upvotes
azraelluz wrote: won't this hurt your credit because BELL will send your account to collection?
Make sure you get them to admit that you are right and that they will solve the issue and that it is not considered your responsibility anymore. Can't really get your credit hurt that way as even when they would go to collections they have no leg to stand on with the documentation you can provide. They are happy to say to you that you are in the right but then do fk all about it, might as well use their words against them.

Man this is also one of the reasons I am also glad to be returning to Europe. Things like this psycho credit system is a prime example of consumers in North America getting fcked in the ass lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2659 posts
1029 upvotes
QC, Canada
wasted more than 30-40hours on the phone trying to figure out their errors. Been laughed at by the CSR then they just hung up and all sign of these conversation magically disappear
received multiple 600-700-800$ mistakes bill
I've learned with them that time is money and it is precious enough. Not worth losing it over few $ credit each month (that they will increase anyway few months later