Bell Charged Us $900 in Non-Return. Need Advice

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 9:52 pm
[OP]
Sep 23, 2018
6 posts

Bell Charged Us $900 in Non-Return. Need Advice

Hi all,

Unsure if this is the correct place, but I don't know where to start.

We changed our Bell Fibe TV to Alt TV (not needing the box) 2 months ago. My father missed the email where they indicated they will send us a return package in 15 days. We still have yet to receive it.

We have the equipment and will return it without waiting for their package. Any way to reverse this charge? It was our oversight, but my father has poor English and works 7 days a week.

Thanks
14 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1964 posts
944 upvotes
London
just return it to a bell store or call them and demand they send u the return label to send it back and ask them how the expect u to return something if they don't send u the label to return it.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2538 posts
1030 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
every comp does this. return asap and get if off your bill. you understand that equation
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19738 posts
12861 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
jjcl620 wrote: My father missed the email where they indicated they will send us a return package in 15 days. We still have yet to receive it.
This has been Bhell's practice for decades. i.e. promise to send a return mailer, fail to do so, then bill for the unreturned product at some inflated price,
We have the equipment and will return it without waiting for their package. Any way to reverse this charge? It was our oversight, but my father has poor English and works 7 days a week.
As has been suggested, take it to a Bhell Store (or maybe The Source, which Bhell owns) and return it.
Messerschmitt wrote: Keep the receipt that proves you returned it!
In addition:
1. Write down the name/employee number, date, time and location where you returned it.
2. Keep the receipt and 1. for at least three years. Bhell has been known to go after people for unreturned goods even years later.
veni, vidi, Visa
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
3688 posts
1071 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
just return it outside of the window they initially gave you, and get a tracking number, they will Have to reverse the non return fee, or they can be sued by you. cus you returned something even if its late, they should not charge a non return fee, got it? makes sense?
Hi
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4090 posts
640 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
Just call them and tell them you're returning it because you forgot to before and missed the email, it's not a big deal, happens all the time, they will credit that amount back when they receive it, you'll have to do some following up but it'll be okay
[OP]
Sep 23, 2018
6 posts
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I called in and explained the situation where i did not get the package and I've kept the equipment in good condition. They said i can return it today and they will reverse the charges. It was stressful because I've been charged with something similar in the past and they sent it to a collections agency, making me pay it off.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1964 posts
944 upvotes
London
jjcl620 wrote: Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I called in and explained the situation where i did not get the package and I've kept the equipment in good condition. They said i can return it today and they will reverse the charges. It was stressful because I've been charged with something similar in the past and they sent it to a collections agency, making me pay it off.
if u return it to the store make sure to get something from them saying u returned it. if u ship it in make sure to keep the tracking number in your paper work. back when i had dsl they called like 2 years after i cancelled claiming i never returned the modem even though i shipped it in with there pre paid label. after 2 years the tracking number don't even work online i had to call Canada post to get them to pull the tracking records to prove they got it back. so make sure u save anything showing u returned it. bell is super scummy when it comes to this stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5125 posts
2420 upvotes
Mississauga
Will Bell stores or The Source even accept these things?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1964 posts
944 upvotes
London
bell stores use to idk if the still do.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1700 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto
Easiest way is to ship it back (prepaid by Bell). Just be sure to get the Canada’s Post counter to stamp your shipping slip (there’s a section just for that).
Celebrating 17+ years on RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
9815 posts
4944 upvotes
Markham
jjcl620 wrote: Hi all,

Unsure if this is the correct place, but I don't know where to start.

We changed our Bell Fibe TV to Alt TV (not needing the box) 2 months ago. My father missed the email where they indicated they will send us a return package in 15 days. We still have yet to receive it.

Thanks
If BELL never sent you the "return package" , then you have grounds to get them to resend it and for them to reverse the charge....Just call them and tell them you need to reinitiate the return process or do as others have said and try and return it to a store [IIRC they don't want you to return it to the store though so this may be a YMMV].

BTW. I always take pics of the labelled return box, all sealed up before I drop it off. Just in case something goes awry.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jul 13, 2007
919 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote: In addition:
1. Stuff
2. Keep the receipt and 1. for at least three years. Bhell has been known to go after people for unreturned goods even years later.
I always take a photo of receipts like this, as I inevitably lose them. Same thing at airports with luggage tags and the like.
Are you sure you wish to carry out this operation? You betcha.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26336 posts
4614 upvotes
Hamilton
You can’t return bell equipments to bell store.

For anyone wants to ship their equipment back. Find a biggest box you can get and use that to ship it back!
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)