Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9968 posts
11363 upvotes
Toronto

Crave Launches New $9.99 Mobile and $19.99 Total Plans

from https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/press ... y-product/

Crave Mobile ($9.99)
  • Subscribers can enjoy the entire Crave content library on the web or a mobile device only, a single device at a time
  • Available directly through Crave.ca and in the future through participating wireless carriers

Crave Total ($19.99)
  • Subscribers can enjoy the entire Crave content library on the screen of their choice, from televisions to smartphones, four streams at the same time on up to five registered devices.
  • Available directly through Crave.ca and participating service providers

To see Crave’s list of supported devices, click here.

Customers who subscribe to Crave through their service provider, will continue to enjoy the entire Crave content library on the screen of their choice with multiple devices and streams. New customers who choose to sign up to Crave through their service provider, should contact their provider directly for pricing and availability.

Crave features Canada’s largest collection of premium content including:

• The HBO Collection which includes current HBO hits like SUCCESSSION, INSECURE, EUPHORIA, CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, THE WHITE LOTUS, and LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER; HBO Max Originals such as ZACK SNYDER’S JUSTICE LEAGUE, THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT, HACKS, GOSSIP GIRL, FRIENDS: THE REUNION, and the upcoming …AND JUST LIKE THAT; plus past HBO hits like the entire libraries of GAME OF THRONES, THE SOPRANOS, SEX AND THE CITY, and THE WIRE;
  • The SHOWTIME Collection featuring series and specials BILLIONS, DESUS & MERO, THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, DEXTER: NEW BLOOD, and new drama series AMERICAN RUST;
  • Smash-hit Crave Originals CANADA’S DRAG RACE,LETTERKENNY, DARK SIDE OF THE RING; upcoming, must-watch series SHORESY, 1Q5Q, scripted comedies DU ME A FAVOUR and PILLOW TALK; limited series drama LITTLE BIRD; and gripping investigative series THUNDER BAY.
  • The All-Canadian Collection featuring hundreds of hours of homegrown films, series, and specials such as THE SONG OF NAMES, RABID, HOWIE MANDEL: BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME, ORPHAN BLACK, TRANSPLANT, and JANN;
  • Special collections that highlight diverse stories and filmmakers, like Indigenous Stories, Black Excellence, The Continued Fight for Civil Rights, and LGBTQ x Inside Out;
  • Classic TV series like the complete libraries of FRIENDS, THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR, FRASIER, and 30 ROCK;
  • Watercooler series like RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE, STAR TREK: DISCOVERY and KILLING EVE;
  • Hollywood hit movies such as GODZILLA V. KONG, NOMADLAND, and TENET;
  • And a robust Kids Collection featuring movies and series like THE ADDAMS FAMILY, SPIES IN DISGUISE, SAILOR MOON, and THOMAS & FRIENDS
103 replies
Dec 24, 2012
642 posts
942 upvotes
Terrebonne
Is it still super compressed junk or have they increased the quality of their service over time? At that price they need at least Netflix's image quality, which already isn't great.
Mar 22, 2018
561 posts
1063 upvotes
Canada
Crave.png
Notice the Video Quality difference in the packages too.
Annual is $200 vs $240 (Monthly)
Jun 3, 2008
5 posts
40 upvotes
London
Wish they’d remove or expand the 5 device limit. Can’t think of another streaming service that limits how many devices you can be signed into at once. They should limit to a number of concurrent streams like every other streaming service.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4530 posts
1142 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Crave still doesn't offer 4K quality, let alone Ultra HD or Dolby Digital.

Utter failure from streaming service in 2021.
Mar 6, 2019
404 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto
While their selection is awesome, my goodness the Crave platform is horrendous and a PIA to use on browsers with any form of anti-tracking.

I had to accept all cookies in Safari to be able to use the site on my Mac, disable every browser add-on with my PC (incognito is not accepted either), autoplay does not work half the time, and I get constant errors that are only resolved by reseting my browser.

Yet they wonder why people pirate content...if Bell did not include Crave with my internet for a year I probably would have cancelled by now.

Selection cannot be beat though :)!
Mar 6, 2019
404 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto
mrsockboy wrote: Wish they’d remove or expand the 5 device limit. Can’t think of another streaming service that limits how many devices you can be signed into at once. They should limit to a number of concurrent streams like every other streaming service.
DAZN does this as well.
Jun 29, 2015
312 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OleSolskjaer wrote: While their selection is awesome, my goodness the Crave platform is horrendous and a PIA to use on browsers with any form of anti-tracking.

I had to accept all cookies in Safari to be able to use the site on my Mac, disable every browser add-on with my PC (incognito is not accepted either), autoplay does not work half the time, and I get constant errors that are only resolved by reseting my browser.
Work provides my phone and blocks most cookies by default. I literally can not sign into Crave on any device (except my phone) using my phone
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4998 posts
2200 upvotes
Winnipeg
funtastic wrote: Crave.png

Notice the Video Quality difference in the packages too.
Annual is $200 vs $240 (Monthly)
Only one device can be registered at a time and no casting on the lower tier. That's a deal killer for me. The "other" tier is what I am on now. I was considering the lower tier but can't do it.

Last Black Friday, they offered a discount on the annual plan. Hopefully they'll offer the same this year.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2086 posts
497 upvotes
So they increased the price by $10 but include HBO.

Crave has improved a lot in the last 6 months, but the picture quality isn't anywhere near Disney+ or Netflix.

The 5 device limit is so frustrating too.
Last edited by sixteen12 on Oct 26th, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Jun 29, 2015
312 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mrsockboy wrote: Wish they’d remove or expand the 5 device limit. Can’t think of another streaming service that limits how many devices you can be signed into at once. They should limit to a number of concurrent streams like every other streaming service.
The most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. In 2021, when we have TVs, phones, tablets, etc. it's 5 devices total. A family of 4 would never be able to capitalize reasonably.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9968 posts
11363 upvotes
Toronto
sixer wrote: Crave still doesn't offer 4K quality, let alone Ultra HD or Dolby Digital.

Utter failure from streaming service in 2021.
Started in August, 4K rollout on some platforms

from https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/08/16/crav ... ple-tv-4k/
Crave confirms 4K rollout on AndroidTV, Fire TV and Chromecast platforms. Additionally, Godzilla vs. Kong, which will be available on Crave, Friday (August 20th), will also be in 4K.

For now, Bell says only a number of Crave titles have received the 4K update, including Zack Snyder’s Justice League and Wonder Woman 1984, but it plans to launch a “more robust 4K collection on additional Crave platforms in the future.”
Jun 29, 2015
312 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sixteen12 wrote: So they increased the price by $10 but include HBO.
I'm concerned that this is a precursor to their deal with HBO for new content expiring...
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19536 posts
2177 upvotes
HBO Max is $18.57, in 4K + Dolby Atmos, and has all of the Warner movies day they are in cinema. No thanks.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9968 posts
11363 upvotes
Toronto
ZeppelinDude93 wrote: I'm concerned that this is a precursor to their deal with HBO for new content expiring...
They signed a long-term deal with Warner Bros. International Television Distribution in 2019

Bell Media Seals Long-Term Deal with Warner Bros. International Television Distribution to Bring HBO Max Original Programming to Canada
https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/press ... to-canada/
Nov 25, 2015
275 posts
180 upvotes
York, ON
sixteen12 wrote: So they increased the price by $10 but include HBO.

Crave has improved a lot in the last 6 months, but the picture quality isn't anywhere near Disney+ or Netflix.

The 5 device limit is so frustrating too.
ZeppelinDude93 wrote: I'm concerned that this is a precursor to their deal with HBO for new content expiring...
Not sure how this changes, but Crave on its own sucks. The only reason I found to actually subscribe to Crave was for HBO. Crave on its own sucks compared to Netflix unless you looking for specific movies/shows, etc.

Considering you can't subscribe to just HBO on its own here, you were forced into bundling up with Crave. So this just makes it one big bundled up plan.
Nov 25, 2015
275 posts
180 upvotes
York, ON
brunes wrote: HBO Max is $18.57, in 4K + Dolby Atmos, and has all of the Warner movies day they are in cinema. No thanks.
Do we get access to Dune here?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1264 posts
3280 upvotes
New Brunswick
brunes wrote: HBO Max is $18.57, in 4K + Dolby Atmos, and has all of the Warner movies day they are in cinema. No thanks.
Is it fairly VPN friendly?
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19536 posts
2177 upvotes
nordwitcher wrote:
Do we get access to Dune here?
HBO Max has Dune yes.
BranCracker wrote: Is it fairly VPN friendly?
Yes, works great with Nord never had issue. Trivial to subscribe via Google Play subscription or various other indirect means.
Last edited by brunes on Oct 26th, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9968 posts
11363 upvotes
Toronto
The Matrix Resurrections will be the final film that gets the day-and-date release in theaters and HBO Max

Warner Bros. has already agreed to screen its 2022 movies in theaters for an exclusive 45-day period before premiering them on the home market

HBO Max's day-and-date release model isn't working and Warner Bros. knows it

WarnerMedia Boss Admits HBO Max's Day-and-Date Plan was Mishandled

Warner Bros. to Produce 10 Movies Exclusively for HBO Max in 2022