Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Expressvu HD RETENTION - FREE PVR (1 Year) FREE HD RECEIVER (2 years)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2019 1:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2005
1013 posts
357 upvotes

[Bell] Bell Expressvu HD RETENTION - FREE PVR (1 Year) FREE HD RECEIVER (2 years)

*** UPDATED MAY 9th, 2011 ***

Thanks to Coleworld:

New information below:

Call 1-888-673-3788

Follow these options.

Step #1 -> Press #1 for English
Step #2 -> Enter 10 digit phone number
Step #3 -> other options is now #6
Step #4 -> Press #3 to cancel subscription

*** UPDATED JANUARY 17th, 2009 ***

Thanks to MikeeyMike for the update to on how to call

call 1-888-sky-dish and 1 for english, 6 for other information, and 3 for cancel..call during business hours.

Looks like some are still able to get the deal, not as good though. It also looks like there have been a few people able to renew for another year of savings. There is also mention of new receivers out today starting on Page 32.

UPDATE FEBRUARY 12th:

Here's an update ..

Call 1-888-673-3788
Follow these options.

Step #1 -> Press #1 for English
Step #2 -> Enter 10 digit phone number
Step #3 -> Press #2 for all other options
Step #4 -> Press #3 to cancel subscription
Step #5 -> Press #4 to cancel subscription (again!)
Step #6 -> It's going to ask you to enter your PIN, you may not have one, so just randomly enter 4 digits
Step #7 -> PIN again .. randomly enter 4 digits
Step #8 -> 'Please hold while we transfer your call.'

That's it, you're in on retention line now!!!

Remember, the larger monthly bill you have, the better the discount you can negotiate!

Hope that helped!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST:

Just thought I would post my experience with Bell HDTV and what I just got.

HD PVR 9242 - Free rental for 1 year ($20 a month thereafter)
Free HD Programming for 6 months, plus an additional $60 credit (equal to 6 additional months of programming)
Free installation
Free hardware upgrade

On top of this, I also got a 30% discount on all of my Expressvu programming for 1 full year. That equates to a $24.90 discount plus taxes each month!

I also had the option to go with the 6100 free for 2 years, $10 a month thereafter
----------------------

I told them that I was thinking of moving to Rogers and that they were offering me 2 years free HD programming, and 2 years free rental of an HD unit.

The original offer was only:

HD PVR 9242 - Free rental for 6 months ($20 a month thereafter)
Free HD Programming for 6 months
Free installation
Free hardware upgrade
10 % discount for 1 year
RFD has saved & made me $$$
2230 replies
Banned
Nov 25, 2005
1262 posts
8 upvotes
got the exact same deal as you yesterday

the csr, gave me this deal right away without hesitation

nice deal

i also told them about the rogers 2 year hd-pvr
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1381 posts
117 upvotes
What was your current plan with bell? I'm on an HD plan till Nov 2008. (renting the equip) so I might have to give them a call
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2005
1013 posts
357 upvotes
mrwinky wrote:
Feb 6th, 2008 3:06 pm
What was your current plan with bell? I'm on an HD plan till Nov 2008. (renting the equip) so I might have to give them a call
Basic programming, $31 a month. Been with them for 2 & 1/2 years. So my contract was done, had to sign a new one year contract though .. worth it in my eyes though. I'll just call them again a year from now!!! :cheesygri
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2005
1013 posts
357 upvotes
twboy1999 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2008 3:23 pm
no contract for me
They must not have told you then, if you're getting the receiver for free for one year, that's because you are on a 1 year contract.
Oct 21, 2003
690 posts
3 upvotes
DOC SB wrote:
Feb 6th, 2008 3:49 pm
They must not have told you then, if you're getting the receiver for free for one year, that's because you are on a 1 year contract.
Just called and got the same deal as well, 30% off current programming (already have HD with Bell) and free HD-PVR (Free install) for a year which you can cancel after the 1 year contract. There is definetly a 1 year commitment which is still an awesome deal! Thanks DOCSB!

- Oh BTW .. one other thing ... they take a $100.00 deposit for the deal and then refund it on your next bill ... so it better come through or else!

Cheers,
Zoomby_U
Jan 22, 2008
32 posts
Vancouver, BC, Canad…
I have been using Bell for a few years, I am no longer on contract and have always owned all my recievers. I saw this post and figured "Its worth a try!" I used the original post as a base offer, so I was expecting something similar... The CSR first offered me 30% off my bill for 1 year... Then after a little hesitation on my part she then offered 40% plus a free 9242 PVR for a year... I already have a 9242, so she game me a 6141 instead... Not bad for making a simple call... I will save $575 in monthly fees over the year, and another couple hundred in rental fees... Next year when its all done... Ill call again...! ;)
Oct 21, 2003
690 posts
3 upvotes
$575.00 in monthly fee's?? Holy crap ... so your monthly bill is $120.00 a month just for programming ??? BTW did they take the $100.00 "deposit" ??

Cheers,
Jay

WKampff wrote:
Feb 6th, 2008 3:58 pm
I have been using Bell for a few years, I am no longer on contract and have always owned all my recievers. I saw this post and figured "Its worth a try!" I used the original post as a base offer, so I was expecting something similar... The CSR first offered me 30% off my bill for 1 year... Then after a little hesitation on my part she then offered 40% plus a free 9242 PVR for a year... I already have a 9242, so she game me a 6141 instead... Not bad for making a simple call... I will save $575 in monthly fees over the year, and another couple hundred in rental fees... Next year when its all done... Ill call again...! ;)
Jan 22, 2008
32 posts
Vancouver, BC, Canad…
Zoomby_U wrote:
Feb 6th, 2008 4:01 pm
$575.00 in monthly fee's?? Holy crap ... so your monthly bill is $120.00 a month just for programming ??? BTW did they take the $100.00 "deposit" ??

Cheers,
Jay
Yeah i know... $120 a month is alot, but its split between 4 of us... :)

Yes, they took the $100 deposit, but it doesnt make a difference to me. Ill get it back by credit on the account.
Nov 4, 2001
280 posts
4 upvotes
so after all said and done...how much is your approx monthly bill??
DOC SB wrote:
Feb 6th, 2008 2:16 pm
Just thought I would post my experience with Bell HDTV and what I just got.

HD PVR 9242 - Free rental for 1 year ($20 a month thereafter)
Free HD Programming for 6 months, plus an additional $60 credit (equal to 6 additional months of programming)
Free installation
Free hardware upgrade

On top of this, I also got a 30% discount on all of my Expressvu programming for 1 full year. That equates to a $24.90 discount plus taxes each month!

I also had the option to go with the 6100 free for 2 years, $10 a month thereafter
----------------------

I called 1-888-673-3788 .. option #1, then option #2, then option #3, then option #4. Brings you to the retention.

I told them that I was thinking of moving to Rogers and that they were offering me 2 years free HD programming, and 2 years free rental of an HD unit.

The original offer was only:

HD PVR 9242 - Free rental for 6 months ($20 a month thereafter)
Free HD Programming for 6 months
Free installation
Free hardware upgrade
10 % discount for 1 year
Oct 21, 2003
690 posts
3 upvotes
I assume at some point Bell is going to catch on with the flood of calls coming in suddenly for people who are looking to switch services :)

Cheers,
Zoomby_U
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
1095 posts
13 upvotes
I don't know! Bell CSR are not very trust worthy from hearing people complains about billing errors.
Make sure you check your first bill because those CSR might not give you all the special credit or the deal they told you about.
Oct 10, 2006
914 posts
47 upvotes
Halifax
This has been going on now for a bit and discussed a few times on here in a few threads.

I took advantage of this last month. Didn't know about the 30% discount tho.