Expired Offers

Locked: Bell Expressvu HD RETENTION - FREE PVR (1 Year) FREE HD RECEIVER (2 years)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2019 10:11 pm
Apr 13, 2012
1 posts
BOWMANVILLE
Hi All, just called Bell loyalty ,on all my services, (Internet-6 mbs, 20gig, Bell tv- HD, timeshifting, Movies and 12 theme packs, Home Phone- basic +unlimited North America)
Total Bill 220/mos
I own 3-3100's, 1 6100,1 4100 and 1 6141
Told them rogers could give me whole home HD PVR with 4 H receievers and 18MBS internet (60Gig) and Home Phone at a wash for (197.00 all in)

Was able to get:
Internet- 60 Gig same 6mbs (waived my modem rental as well)
TV- Free HD PVR (3 year rental for free)+ free install and free repair for an issue I am having
Home Phone- same service
Total 179.00/mos

Thinking Bell might be afraid of the Rogers whole home PVR concept in areas where FIBE TV not available.
Jul 7, 2008
278 posts
61 upvotes
ccresswe wrote: Hi All, just called Bell loyalty ,on all my services, (Internet-6 mbs, 20gig, Bell tv- HD, timeshifting, Movies and 12 theme packs, Home Phone- basic +unlimited North America)
Total Bill 220/mos
I own 3-3100's, 1 6100,1 4100 and 1 6141
Told them rogers could give me whole home HD PVR with 4 H receievers and 18MBS internet (60Gig) and Home Phone at a wash for (197.00 all in)

Was able to get:
Internet- 60 Gig same 6mbs (waived my modem rental as well)
TV- Free HD PVR (3 year rental for free)+ free install and free repair for an issue I am having
Home Phone- same service
Total 179.00/mos

Thinking Bell might be afraid of the Rogers whole home PVR concept in areas where FIBE TV not available.

12 Theme packs? Maybe there is room for saving if you take 6 theme packs and pay for individual channels or theme packs (if you can do this) and you tend not to watch all of those channels?

Your internet speed can probably be brought up or you should switch to a re-seller like acanac or teksavvy but I'm glad to hear you got 60 gb from 20!
I checked the rates for Teksavvy in Ontario and they would be $30 for a no contract plan that has 6 mbps with a 75 gb cap. You can buy a used modem for as low as $20 rather than renting it.

If anything, asking bell to match that can help you save more money.

Also, just gonna make a note of this but a lot of people that use redflagdeals have this device called magicjack or use a service called freephoneline. Magicjack has monthly fees while freephoneline has only an upfront fee. It's exponentially cheaper to use this over Bell and apparently it's really hard for people to detect that you're not using plain old telephone service.

Here is the magicjack website:
http://www.magicjack.com/plus-v05/

You can create a new number or keep your old one.
Sep 9, 2007
340 posts
71 upvotes
Just got $15 off monthly and a free third hd receiver

Was $126 all in and it's now $110 all in for 7mbps Internet, basic phone, 15 channels HD + Movie Network, HDPVR + 2 HD receivers

Savings of $25-26 in total
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4225 posts
858 upvotes
Ottawa
The retention offers really seem to have dried up. Bundling to get a discount isn't really anything new, so those "retention offers" are lame.

It's getting too expensive for only a few decent channels we liked, so we cancelled. Bell made no attempt to retain our business and politely put the cancellation order through.
May 3, 2012
2 posts
SAINT-CONSTANT
I am a 10 year old subscriber of Bell TV.

I had 3 receivers:

9241 PVR
5100 PVR
3100 standard

they gave me a free 9242 for 3 years for my second HD TV.

That makes me very happy!

Call 1-888-673-3788
Step #1 -> Press #1 for French
Step #2 -> Enter 10 digit phone number
Step #3 -> other options is now #6
Step #4 -> Press #2 to cancel subscription
Dec 28, 2008
11 posts
sudbury
I received a letter yesterday informing me that ontario pvir's will be extinct in a few month and new modeals are on
way. Today two recievers, with hidef cable but no cable input arrived. Nop pla e to plae the hold ables but there is an input for the new hdmi cable, unfortunately no able. Here is the killer Bell offeres instruction on how to hook up a vcr to record. Are the DVR days over>?
Sep 5, 2008
772 posts
191 upvotes
Halifax
openskies wrote: I received a letter yesterday informing me that ontario pvir's will be extinct in a few month and new modeals are on
way. Today two recievers, with hidef cable but no cable input arrived. Nop pla e to plae the hold ables but there is an input for the new hdmi cable, unfortunately no able. Here is the killer Bell offeres instruction on how to hook up a vcr to record. Are the DVR days over>?

Did you spill something on your keyboard? :D

What model numbers of receivers did you get today? Just curious, thanks.
Aug 18, 2006
441 posts
17 upvotes
North Vancouver
bungaboy wrote: Did you spill something on your keyboard? :D

What model numbers of receivers did you get today? Just curious, thanks.
lol... and did he/she say VCR?
Dec 28, 2008
11 posts
sudbury
[quote="openskies" post_id="14796633" time="1337986155" user_id="204113"]I received a letter yesterday informing me that ontario pvr's will be extinct in a few months and will be sent to the garbage heap. I received replacement receivers yesterea...and guess what....They are not pvr's. The booklet offwers instruction on how to hook a vcr to the receiver to record. If in fact pvr's are out because of some obscure agreement with the networks They will have no chance in hell of retaining me as a customer.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4225 posts
858 upvotes
Ottawa
This is all about control, control, control.

The new 6400 receiver (if that is what you are talking about, openskies) is the first Bell receiver without an RF/Coax output or component output. The only options are composite video, which is about equivalent to VCR quality as far as I'm concerned, or HDMI. You can still connect an external hard drive to the USB port and use it as a PVR, but only on the terms that the content owner wishes. So some programs may be marked with a "do not record" flag, so you will be unable to PVR it. In Canada, that has not happened here yet, but you can be sure it will eventually.

If you had PVRs before and Bell sent you 6400s as replacements, I would raise a stink. They are replacing older MPEG2 only HD receivers with ones that support MPEG4, so they can cram more HD channels onto the two satellites they have.

But the big media companies, broadcasters, movie studios, networks, would rather you use HDMI so you can't record things on your own terms and they maintain as much control over their content as possible. Yes, you get to pay for being treated this way! Meanwhile the pirates laugh. Fun.
Jul 25, 2005
931 posts
48 upvotes
MacGyver wrote: This is all about control, control, control.

The new 6400 receiver (if that is what you are talking about, openskies) is the first Bell receiver without an RF/Coax output or component output. The only options are composite video, which is about equivalent to VCR quality as far as I'm concerned, or HDMI. You can still connect an external hard drive to the USB port and use it as a PVR, but only on the terms that the content owner wishes. So some programs may be marked with a "do not record" flag, so you will be unable to PVR it. In Canada, that has not happened here yet, but you can be sure it will eventually.

If you had PVRs before and Bell sent you 6400s as replacements, I would raise a stink. They are replacing older MPEG2 only HD receivers with ones that support MPEG4, so they can cram more HD channels onto the two satellites they have.

But the big media companies, broadcasters, movie studios, networks, would rather you use HDMI so you can't record things on your own terms and they maintain as much control over their content as possible. Yes, you get to pay for being treated this way! Meanwhile the pirates laugh. Fun.

Just got off the phone with loyalty. I currently pay $220 + per month for phone, internet and TV. I own all of my equipment. I am not on contract. I indicated that the 'better' bundle at $126 would be almost $100 savings and was told straight away that those prices are for new customers only. Period. Best they could do was $170 plus tax.
Aug 20, 2010
206 posts
49 upvotes
jonmar wrote: Just got off the phone with loyalty. I currently pay $220 + per month for phone, internet and TV. I own all of my equipment. I am not on contract. I indicated that the 'better' bundle at $126 would be almost $100 savings and was told straight away that those prices are for new customers only. Period. Best they could do was $170 plus tax.

you are paying way too much... you might want to think about moving some of your business to another company.

Currently i am paying $29.99/month for dsl service with 3web.
Also about a month ago bell was offering basic phone line service for $14.95 - bell-home-phone-sure-you-not-legacy-pla ... e-1132112/
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11944 posts
3278 upvotes
GTA
farhan0001 wrote: you are paying way too much... you might want to think about moving some of your business to another company.

Currently i am paying $29.99/month for dsl service with 3web.

I get Fibe 12 for $31.95 a month, incl extra 40GB and modem rental. There's also a $5 bundle discount, so really it's $26.95. Do you pay a dry loop fee on top of that $29.99?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 25, 2005
931 posts
48 upvotes
Called back last night. The person I spoke with was pretty good. My bill is now $128 per month plus HST, which will save me about $80 month. Didn't give up any services and still not on contract. What a difference though in the two people I spoke with.
Aug 20, 2010
206 posts
49 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote: I get Fibe 12 for $31.95 a month, incl extra 40GB and modem rental. There's also a $5 bundle discount, so really it's $26.95. Do you pay a dry loop fee on top of that $29.99?

Currently using bell home phone lte 14.95 - 5(bundle discount)

For 29.99 there is a extra fee for a dryloop. Depending on your location its $6.99 to $9.99. Orginally when i first joined i way paying $7.99 for the dry loop + $29.99