Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

Bell Expressvu HD RETENTION - FREE PVR (1 Year) FREE HD RECEIVER (2 years)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2022 12:12 am
Oct 10, 2006
32 posts
1 upvote
Truro
tbpd349 wrote: Rententions offered $10 off/month with no expiry and a free HDPVR installed. Very little haggling required, Bell TV customer for 11 years.
What did you ask for to get the $10 off/month with no expiry?
Oct 12, 2005
305 posts
75 upvotes
Edmonton
anyone successful with any discounts this summer?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2007
3648 posts
800 upvotes
bubba67 wrote: anyone successful with any discounts this summer?
My $10 loyalty from when I called this time last year just dropped off. I phoned them today and they were able to add a permanent $10 loyalty credit going forward, which is nice because I don't have to call in every year. They first offered a $5 loyalty credit but pushed for more and settled at $10. I also made some small programming changes to reduce the bill more and am happy with what we are paying.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1874 posts
1666 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
This old thread seems fitting...

Bell has finally priced me out of the satellite tv market. My old "theme pack" programming has gone up for the last time. As of last month's increase to $62 basic pkg plus $20 (3 theme packs) and $3 digital fee = $85*12= $1020/year. They've crossed the line in my books and gone to the Well too many times. The well is now dry.... I'm not paying Bell over $1000/yr for TV (plus Ontario taxes)

I've had OTA set up and on standby for months.....and will now be cutting the cord.

The only chance they have to keep me now will be on my terms, which will be 50% off for 24mths. Anything less..... They can cancel it.

Am I disappointed....... Nope. It's the same bullchit as previous occasions with cancelling my home phone, then home internet, and then our cell phones...... One at a time I've cancelled Bell's offerings over the years due to their greed, and chosen other comparable options. Here we are once again......for the last time.

Farewell my old friend!!!

Btw..... I encourage everyone to review all of your monthly bills and view them not on a monthly basis, but on a cost per year basis. You may look at things differently as to what you really need and what it is costing you.
Jul 6, 2019
66 posts
10 upvotes
love2save wrote: This old thread seems fitting...

Bell has finally priced me out of the satellite tv market. My old "theme pack" programming has gone up for the last time. As of last month's increase to $62 basic pkg plus $20 (3 theme packs) and $3 digital fee = $85*12= $1020/year. They've crossed the line in my books and gone to the Well too many times. The well is now dry.... I'm not paying Bell over $1000/yr for TV (plus Ontario taxes)

I've had OTA set up and on standby for months.....and will now be cutting the cord.

The only chance they have to keep me now will be on my terms, which will be 50% off for 24mths. Anything less..... They can cancel it.

Am I disappointed....... Nope. It's the same bullchit as previous occasions with cancelling my home phone, then home internet, and then our cell phones...... One at a time I've cancelled Bell's offerings over the years due to their greed, and chosen other comparable options. Here we are once again......for the last time.

Farewell my old friend!!!

Btw..... I encourage everyone to review all of your monthly bills and view them not on a monthly basis, but on a cost per year basis. You may look at things differently as to what you really need and what it is costing you.
OTA isn’t as bad as I thought, I get 20-25 channels mixed with Netflix and maybe Disney when they launch their streaming service puts me at not even $30 a month. Haven’t had Bell in about 10 years and cogeco for 5 too pricey where I live. I only shop around for internet now since tv covered and home phone from fido with all features Canada wide so cheap.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1874 posts
1666 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
love2save wrote:
Just a follow up:

Went through my current theme pack channels and found that I only NEED at most 10-12 channels plus basic which is something Bell actually offers.

Thus, I have kept Bell for now with what I need at $45 plus tax ($25 starter pkg plus 10 channels for $20) rather than the grandfathered package I had prior at $85 plus tax. Saving $500+/year.
Only downside is no more F1 races Sunday morning. Too bad...

In case anyone is interested...... Here's the list of channels I have now for $45/mth. (10 add-on channels for $20 noted in brackets.) Located near Beaverton Ontario.

HD Channels:

Cottage (1)
Food (2)
Animal (3)
History (4)
TLC (5)
Discovery (6)
BNN (7)
CP24 (8)
AMC (9)
CHCH
CTV2
CITY
GLOBAL
CTV
CBC
PBS
FOX
CBS
ABC
NBC
APTN
OMNI 1
OMNI 2
------------------------

SD Channels:
YES
ONE
CFTV
MTV
CNBC (10)
Weather Network
TVO
AMI

Everything I need for 1/2 the price. --Perfect!

Plus they maintained my $8 loyalty credit on a rental HD receiver. Didn't expect that.....
Aug 30, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for the above post. After reading your post I decided to review my mother in laws bell account. Turns out she had been also over paying for a whole bunch of programming that she doesn't even use. She was at $84.50/mth for tv and she is very happy with her new plan at $28.95/mth. $55.55 saving per month on her tv, $666 over the course of the year. After looking over her account, she is also paying $68.60 for her home land line, this also seems high so I am considering getting her a home phone line through Zoomer under my account for $10.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4622 upvotes
GTA
AirDeal wrote: $70 for home phone jeez bell never disappoints...
Madness. There must be thousands of accounts like this across the country.

I got talking to an older guy last year and he told me he was paying close to a hundred bucks a month. But according to him he had "unlimited long distance across the whole country". Poor sod said it in such a way that he was quite proud of it.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 12, 2006
547 posts
161 upvotes
Calgary
love2save wrote: (10 add-on channels for $20 noted in brackets.)

HD Channels:

Cottage (1)
Food (2)
Animal (3)
History (4)
TLC (5)
Discovery (6)
BNN (7)
CP24 (8)
AMC (9)
How are you getting these 10 channels for $20 ? There all a la carte for $4-$7 each.
Mar 12, 2006
547 posts
161 upvotes
Calgary
rvd wrote: How are you getting these 10 channels for $20 ? There all a la carte for $4-$7 each.
NVM, found it, gonna stick with legacy package.
Aug 3, 2006
168 posts
46 upvotes
Has anyone gotten any discounts or deals at all lately?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4622 upvotes
GTA
speed wrote: Has anyone gotten any discounts or deals at all lately?
My discounts ended, so I called them up and spoke with loyalty. For TV/Internet/Phone I got a massive $10 discount, so I cancelled. Same price if I didn't take phone ( we havent used it in years. Went to Cogeco, faster internet, better PVR, don't need phone, for $60+tax cheaper. Kinda surprised Bell didn't offer more discount when I said I was cancelling. F 'em.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 3, 2006
168 posts
46 upvotes
wow, how disappointing. Good to know though, tks!
Aug 3, 2006
168 posts
46 upvotes
Just an updated, I'm still on the old plan and the offer right now is $5 off for one year. Although the new "starter" package is cheaper, but no more theme packs, if I went with the starter package + alacarte channels I would lose the $5 discount. Overall Bell sucks, I think Telus and Shaw are more willing to give some deals to loyal customers. Very disappointing.
Apr 23, 2007
63 posts
1 upvote
Today I called in to have my 5$ credit for 12 months renewed, and I was told it wasn't possible due to system restrictions. Soemthing to do with my old grandfathered plan and the 5$ favorites add-on. This is the first time I haven't been able to renew a credit in the past 10 years. So maybe there is a new restriction in place for legacy plans. Has anyone else experience this issue lately?
Aug 3, 2006
168 posts
46 upvotes
goldeneyed wrote: Today I called in to have my 5$ credit for 12 months renewed, and I was told it wasn't possible due to system restrictions. Soemthing to do with my old grandfathered plan and the 5$ favorites add-on. This is the first time I haven't been able to renew a credit in the past 10 years. So maybe there is a new restriction in place for legacy plans. Has anyone else experience this issue lately?
Damn, did they say if there are any other options if new plans are chosen?
Apr 23, 2007
63 posts
1 upvote
They didn’t specify, but I can’t switch because I have a great grandfathered plan.