Expired Offers

Locked: Bell Expressvu HD RETENTION - FREE PVR (1 Year) FREE HD RECEIVER (2 years)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2019 10:11 pm
Dec 20, 2007
305 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
commie wrote: I am about to move to the downtown area(UofT) and when I tried to cancel my existing Rogers cable, the retention department tried to see if I can transfer to my new place, but they found out that area is serviced by Bell Canada. Interestingly, they(Rogers) transferred me to a Bell promotion desk.

This is the package that Bell offered me for $115 a month when they tried to match the level of service I had at Rogers.

Bell TV with 157 stations, up to 4 PVR's free rental
60 GB Internet with free modem rental
Homephone Lite

Since I have a 3 service bundle, I get the bundle discount as well...So my final monthly bill would be $99 a month.

They also gave me the first 6 months free on a 2 year contract.

How did I do in my package?

I am not too familiar with Bell services, but for the TV, would I be getting the FibeTV or the Expressvu? Which is better?
Also, should I upgrade to the unlimited internet for the $10 extra a month? I am not a heavy downloader, I've not gone over 60GB a month yet with Rogers, but for 10 bucks extra, might be worth it?

Another thing, I thought it was strange that Rogers would refer/transfer me to a Bell rep?
How did you obtain 4 pvr free rental?
what do you mean by "6 months free"

the only thing i know is bell is offering 17.82 for 6mnth and one free pvr rental.
Nov 18, 2012
880 posts
480 upvotes
i switched to bell fibe tv and wondering if anyone has been able to get a few select extra channels than the base without buying a 15 channel pack? I just want the goddamn food channel.
May 25, 2005
379 posts
107 upvotes
Got $10 off plus a one time credit to match with the price I would get to switch to Telus Optik

But they screwed me on channels.
He offered a "special package with pricing not available to public" Called Select 2.

But it was missing a bunch of channels I had before.
It was basically the "good" package with a few of the popular channels that it doesn't have thrown in too.
"All the channels included in Good
Plus specialty channels like Rogers Sportsnet, CNN, A&E and TLC, and HGTV
HD channels included"

So missing ones like:
AMC
TSN2
Family
DisnyJR
Teletoon
Comedy
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9297 posts
1955 upvotes
Winnipeg
noticed after they pulled slice to its own variety theme. I tried and tried to call in to do a retention but couldn't get thru then 2 days later slice was back on its own?
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
I was amazed I got a deal last night, afetr getting so many in the past. Telus has been bugging me for the last 6 months about swicthing over. Got their latest deal in the mail so called Bell on it.

Not a huge deal, but better then nothing. I have a bare bones grandfathered package so I dont have much to go with. After the usual want to give me a batter package, I finally got $10 off a month and the $6.98 a month for my PCR rental (to own) was wiped off as well and I now own it.

So saved $17 off a month
Aug 6, 2003
113 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary
Hi Folks,

This is what I currently have with Bell

Monthly charges $113.00 which includes..

HD Value Pack $10.00
South Asian Combo $10.00
Rental HD $10.00
Rental HD PVR $20.00
3 Themes $20.00 Term Renewal - 2 yrs $0.00
Digital Standard $40.00
Digital Service Fee $3.00
Fee to CRTC's LPIF $1.13

Should I be looking at other providers for the same services or ask for a better deal on anything, any suggestions?
Oct 21, 2009
299 posts
88 upvotes
Does anyone know if it's still possible to have a dish and a receiver setup in multiple locations under the same account (house and cottage).
I'm looking to get 2 receivers at home (1 HD PVR, the other non-HD) and 2 at the cottage (non-HD).

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3218 posts
662 upvotes
Of course it is. Just don't tell them and don't plug the cottage receivers into the phone line . . . . or you can always just shuttle the receivers between the propertiers.
Dec 22, 2012
317 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
so i called about a month ago about the slice channel... i ended up getting to added on again (paying the 2.50/month) and getting a $10/month credit for the next year

if anyone else gets any luck with retention please post!
May 30, 2013
4 posts
I received the following from Bell winback dept.All prices are BEFORE bundle discount, home phone lite $8.95 Fibe 5/1 unlimited usage $43.95 satellite tv better package $59.45 TMN free for 2 months plus a free PVR and programing free for 6 months no installation or activation fees.discount on home phone is good for 2 years and tv internet is good for 1 year and no term commitment all verified in detailed email.
Jul 13, 2013
3 posts
Laval
i dont suggest it lol number 1 signal wont work as well number 2 doing so is illegal, and YES bell can tell ( you know satellite technology is based on angles right?)

correct!its 50$ for every receiver after the 4th one
Dec 14, 2009
15 posts
effie7250 wrote: i dont suggest it lol number 1 signal wont work as well number 2 doing so is illegal, and YES bell can tell ( you know satellite technology is based on angles right?)

Point of clarification...it is not illegal, it just violates the terms of the agreement. They can shut you down but not charge you for any crime. Also, unless you plug it in to a phone line, Bell has no capability to tell where the receiver is or what it is doing. They can send packets to the receiver but have no means of gathering any info from the receiver when it is not plugged in to the phone line.
Mar 22, 2011
3 posts
effie7250 wrote: i dont suggest it lol number 1 signal wont work as well number 2 doing so is illegal, and YES bell can tell ( you know satellite technology is based on angles right?)

Sorry, unless your plugged in to the phone line, there is no way bell can tell where the receiver is. Personally, I have 6 receivers in my account and I have only 2 in my house.

Also, a signal is a signal, it doesn't degrade cause you have more than one receiver.
Sep 30, 2008
356 posts
8 upvotes
Limoges
We are moving to a new location, I called to try and find a deal with cable/ satellite.
Apparently the new location does have cable available as per COGECO. They gave me a rate of 59$with basic plus with 2 receivers for 6 months.
I called bell to move my services(satellite only, I got teksaavy for internet and phone). I currently pay 73$+tax includes 1 receivers for basic (40$) with the choice of 5 theme packs( 27$ plus applicable fee's).As long as we get basic with sports channels , rds,tsn and sportsnet east+sens i and content. Bell would not budge to match the price. Any suggestions or contacts for reps for a better deal...?
Sep 30, 2008
356 posts
8 upvotes
Limoges
update..... i called retention and could not get me a better price