Expired Offers

Locked: Bell Expressvu HD RETENTION - FREE PVR (1 Year) FREE HD RECEIVER (2 years)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2019 10:11 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3216 posts
644 upvotes
According to a rep I had a really pleasant chat with the other day the present contract monthly cash credits (at least in Quebec) are limited to $5/month (and Bell reported lower earnings this quarter, so they aren't going to want to be overly generous). I suggest you try for one-time credits (they have more latitude with those) or additional hardware, since they aren't likely to agree to any $20/month discounts unless you've got a really compelling argument.
Penalty Box
Dec 25, 2004
2276 posts
224 upvotes
Even Bell's new customer deals are crap for satellite. They could care less about satellite now. They are putting all their eggs in the Fibe basket.
Dec 5, 2003
233 posts
I live in Thunder bay Ontario and had a 30% loyalty credit expire. I called to and had my bill reduced from 118.70 to 77.29 which i would say is very fair and $3 increase over the last 12 month period. I could switch for a small savings but I have invested a lot in the equipment over the years. THis thread has saved me a lot over the years.
Sep 25, 2013
44 posts
1 upvote
So with all the price increases coming has anybody been able to get anything?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3216 posts
644 upvotes
Bell is increasing home phones by $2/month in October, Satellite by $3.50 in November and they've reduced (and are further reducing) bundle discounts. I don't use their Internet (I use Acanac and have made their 'free for life' referral tier - it doesn't get cheaper than 'free') so I have no idea what Bell's new gouge point will be.

And they declared record profits.

I may just move my primary POTS line to the POTS equivalent to an MVMO (Teksavvy, perhaps), go for Dish Network or DirecTV for television and Rogers Wireless home phone for my secondary telephony at $10/month/line.
Feb 5, 2008
129 posts
7 upvotes
Technically you could cancel your service without penalty as the terms of your contract is what you agreed upon. Them increasing prices is not what was originally agreed upon.

Sucks I can't get in touch with the guy I got my deal from. 2 year term, 1st year free, Best channel package, HDPVR + additional receiver, $13.95 w/o tax per month. I have until November before I call and start bitching at them.
Feb 5, 2008
129 posts
7 upvotes
fredsmith wrote: Bell is increasing home phones by $2/month in October, Satellite by $3.50 in November and they've reduced (and are further reducing) bundle discounts. I don't use their Internet (I use Acanac and have made their 'free for life' referral tier - it doesn't get cheaper than 'free') so I have no idea what Bell's new gouge point will be.

And they declared record profits.

I may just move my primary POTS line to the POTS equivalent to an MVMO (Teksavvy, perhaps), go for Dish Network or DirecTV for television and Rogers Wireless home phone for my secondary telephony at $10/month/line.
Just get a MagicJack @ roughly $100 for the 1st 2 years of service then $30/year after, they can't be beat. The fact the MJ is so cheap, and the telecomms charge so much, I'm thinking of going ghost ffs.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3216 posts
644 upvotes
The Rogers service outperforms traditional VoIP, doesn't depend on my Internet connection and comes with 6 hours of battery backup - unlimited Canadian calling is included and 5 cents/minute for US calling - they have every feature I need except (strangely) call forwarding - that's $2 extra, then again I'd only need it on one number.

I've got Google Voice on an ATA (it has unlimited North American calling) and a couple of FPL lines on computers for when we travel.

So no Majicjack for me, thanks.
Feb 5, 2008
129 posts
7 upvotes
Rogers service outperforms VOIP? LOL. Go tell that to everyone on my street, but hey if you like padding the pockets of Rogers by all means go ahead.
Sep 25, 2013
44 posts
1 upvote
For those who are staying with bell, have you been able to get anything?
Mar 15, 2009
35 posts
2 upvotes
I have basic home phone (with no feature)
Express Vu basic + $10 +$10 packages
I am paying $72 now (taxes included).

When I called them, my bill will go up to $88 (taxes included with the latest price increases in October and November).

Is it possible to get a better deal? The over 20% increase is ridiculous.
They are forcing me to change company or quit satellite TV.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3216 posts
644 upvotes
outlaww wrote: I have basic home phone (with no feature)
Express Vu basic + $10 +$10 packages
I am paying $72 now (taxes included).

When I called them, my bill will go up to $88 (taxes included with the latest price increases in October and November).

Is it possible to get a better deal? The over 20% increase is ridiculous.
They are forcing me to change company or quit satellite TV.
For less than $72 you can get DirecTV or DISH and a VoIP phone line (or better yet Rogers Wireless Home Phone if you are a Rogers Cellular subscriber), have access to first run cable services we can't officially get in Canada.
Nov 9, 2009
656 posts
94 upvotes
Picton, ON
I'm moving so I called Bell to cancel Home Phone, and TV with 6 theme packs. I get Internet from a 3rd party. Am on retention and paying about 111. per month for TV with 6 themes and home phone. Got a call a couple of weeks later from call centre. They offered: Internet for 12.95, home phone for around 20. With the same TV package with 6 themes, hi speed Internet, home phone, the total was going to be $68.00. I told them that I wanted HBO. They said they would give it to me free for 2 months.
Mar 15, 2009
35 posts
2 upvotes
inhaliburton wrote: I'm moving so I called Bell to cancel Home Phone, and TV with 6 theme packs. I get Internet from a 3rd party. Am on retention and paying about 111. per month for TV with 6 themes and home phone. Got a call a couple of weeks later from call centre. They offered: Internet for 12.95, home phone for around 20. With the same TV package with 6 themes, hi speed Internet, home phone, the total was going to be $68.00. I told them that I wanted HBO. They said they would give it to me free for 2 months.
For how long? I called to have my Expressvu and home phone cancelled and the CSR talked me into getting unlimited internet (5M speed) for $26.95 for 24 months. $10 discount on home phone and $10 on Expressvu for 12 months (for basic and 2 theme packs) less $16 bundle discount. It comes up to $102 with taxes included.

Do you use less than 15G a month? I think that is what you are getting.

Bell Fibe Internet 5/1 $38.95
* Included Internet Usage - 15 GB -25.00
$25.00 off months 1 - 24

Unlimited Usage Promotion ($30 less $20 Trio discount) 10.00

Total Charges (before taxes) 23.95 + $3 price increase = $26.95 (before taxes)
Jun 8, 2012
12 posts
Montreal
Bell offered me today:
$70/month
Fibe Internet 25/10
Fibe TV: A la carte 20

Is this a decent bundled price?