Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] Bell Expressvu HD RETENTION - FREE PVR (1 Year) FREE HD RECEIVER (2 years)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2019 10:11 pm
Newbie
Dec 14, 2009
16 posts
indca wrote: Hello guys, six months ago I got a Bell 9400 HD PVR receiver on a 60 Month free rental promotion; and I see on their website they have rent to own option after 60 Months; so, would I qualify to own the receiver after 60 months even if rental was free?
Yes, the receiver will be yours.
Newbie
Apr 11, 2006
1 posts
Called today and I got free hdpvr on rental and 10$ programming credits for 6 months.
Sr. Member
Jan 19, 2013
767 posts
79 upvotes
Surrey
Hey guys I have every package possible almost, and 5 dishes in my house, do you guys think I have any pull if i call in and say i want to cancel? My bill is around $240/a month
Thanks
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
12094 posts
3405 upvotes
GTA
tonysoprano wrote: Hey guys I have every package possible almost, and 5 dishes in my house, do you guys think I have any pull if i call in and say i want to cancel? My bill is around $240/a month
Thanks
Hell yeah. That's twice most people's bill. Have a look around at the competition before you call and see what deals you can get from them before you call Bell. Use this as ammo, you can embelish the truth a bit there too. Tell them you've talked to a rep from ABC and they're willing to offer this and that.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4054 posts
1310 upvotes
WFH
Hugh Jass wrote: Have a look around at the competition before you call and see what deals you can get from them before you call Bell. Use this as ammo, you can embelish the truth a bit there too.
I've never found this necessary. I always just called them up and told them I didn't feel I was getting value for money. What the competition is offering isn't really really a factor. You shouldn't have to justify your position with them.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 12, 2002
727 posts
146 upvotes
Vancouver
toi_aussi wrote: Called today and I got free hdpvr on rental and 10$ programming credits for 6 months.
Got $10 off for 6 months as well. Was offered a select plan which includes basic TV, Fairchild TV, sports, kids, etc for $62.95. Apparantly, the new channels include HD while I'm on older plan which costs $10 extra for HD themes for sports etc. I chose to keep everything the same with my old plan
Newbie
Feb 11, 2014
22 posts
7 upvotes
Haliburton
Currently I have 3 Bell services - satellite, internet, home phone. Am long time customer, have received various types of promos/discounts over the years - thank you RFD. Getting bundle credits $4/mo for both phone & internet, $8/mo for TV. When I called in Dec 2013 I was offered: for Internet 5 5$/mo for 12 months, for TV $10/mo promo for 6 mo's (plus was already getting $13.86/mo credit re the PVR rental to own after 36 mo's; for home phone $5/mo for 6 months. The phone and TV promos are expiring in June and I noted that the phone basic monthly charge was going up $2.01 on June 1 and Internet up $5 June 1, so I decided to pro-actively call Bell to see re any promos/discounts to continue when mine expired and also to make up for the huge increases on June 1. Went via 310-Bell, menus to "cancel" and ended up talking to a pleasant lady CSR who answered "Loyalty Department, what can I do for you?" or words to that effect. Explained my situation and that I was looking to continue promos past June and to make up for pending increases. She said that she had to enter my account info into the computer to see what services and promos I had to ensure that she could get the best deals for me. Came back and said best she could do was $5/mo for each of the 3 services for 12 months. The convoluted logic was that it was the same value 12 x $5 = $60 as 6 x $10 = $60. CSR said it was the best they could do at this time, that things had changed at Bell as they had to enter the customer's info into the computer which would spit out the best deal for that customer - I think based on what services they had, promos they currently had and possibly what they had received over the years. I did not accept the offer, as I would have lost the remaining $10 credit for one month re the TV. Asked if I called back in June would they have better deals, she said doesn't know but that things were always changing. Guess its time to get serious about going elsewhere, even though is difficult in a rural area and the fact that I have investment in 4 Bell receivers/PVRs. They probably take that into account. I was also previously advised that if I drop one service I would lose all the bundle credits and the "loyalty" credit re the PVR rental. The deal was that I would own the PVR in January 2015.
I'm not a happy customer, but while the nice CSR was concerned and wished she could do better, Bell does not seem to much care about me any more as a long time customer. Hate feeling trapped into having to deal with them and beg for discounts.
Sr. Member
Oct 13, 2001
556 posts
72 upvotes
Fredericton
Are there any Bell reps here as there are in the Rogers & Shaw forum? I'm looking to switch to Bell Sat or Rogers due to my neighbor's maple trees interfering with my Shaw dish line of sight.
Sr. Member
Sep 4, 2006
734 posts
352 upvotes
Ottawa
Have Bell TV retention offers dried up? I'm due to phone in and wondering if I'm wasting my time...
Sr. Member
Oct 13, 2001
556 posts
72 upvotes
Fredericton
ON only unfortunately, but thanks for the thought.
Newbie
Feb 11, 2014
22 posts
7 upvotes
Haliburton
Haliman wrote: Currently I have 3 Bell services - satellite, internet, home phone. Am long time customer, have received various types of promos/discounts over the years - thank you RFD. Getting bundle credits $4/mo for both phone & internet, $8/mo for TV. When I called in Dec 2013 I was offered: for Internet 5 5$/mo for 12 months, for TV $10/mo promo for 6 mo's (plus was already getting $13.86/mo credit re the PVR rental to own after 36 mo's; for home phone $5/mo for 6 months. The phone and TV promos are expiring in June and I noted that the phone basic monthly charge was going up $2.01 on June 1 and Internet up $5 June 1, so I decided to pro-actively call Bell to see re any promos/discounts to continue when mine expired and also to make up for the huge increases on June 1. Went via 310-Bell, menus to "cancel" and ended up talking to a pleasant lady CSR who answered "Loyalty Department, what can I do for you?" or words to that effect. Explained my situation and that I was looking to continue promos past June and to make up for pending increases. She said that she had to enter my account info into the computer to see what services and promos I had to ensure that she could get the best deals for me. Came back and said best she could do was $5/mo for each of the 3 services for 12 months. The convoluted logic was that it was the same value 12 x $5 = $60 as 6 x $10 = $60. CSR said it was the best they could do at this time, that things had changed at Bell as they had to enter the customer's info into the computer which would spit out the best deal for that customer - I think based on what services they had, promos they currently had and possibly what they had received over the years. I did not accept the offer, as I would have lost the remaining $10 credit for one month re the TV. Asked if I called back in June would they have better deals, she said doesn't know but that things were always changing. Guess its time to get serious about going elsewhere, even though is difficult in a rural area and the fact that I have investment in 4 Bell receivers/PVRs. They probably take that into account. I was also previously advised that if I drop one service I would lose all the bundle credits and the "loyalty" credit re the PVR rental. The deal was that I would own the PVR in January 2015.
I'm not a happy customer, but while the nice CSR was concerned and wished she could do better, Bell does not seem to much care about me any more as a long time customer. Hate feeling trapped into having to deal with them and beg for discounts.
Updating my previous post. Called 310-Bell, navigated to "Cancel". Ended up with nice CSR, very polite and helpful. Yes sir. we'll see what we can do for a long time customer such as yourself. He reviewed my previous promos. My "Internet" promo $10/mo was still on until December, said previous $10 promos re TV and Home Phone Lite are still available so will reinstate those effective immediately for 6 months only though. Also one-time credit of $48 to offset for six months the rate increases - Internet $5, Phone $1 and TV in Sept $2, so 6 x $8/mo. Better than previously. Essentially back to where I was a few months ago, but still have call in when promos expire. CSR suggested calling in on day they expire. Promo expiry in now listed on the Bell Bill.
Member
May 21, 2014
418 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Haliman wrote: Updating my previous post. Called 310-Bell, navigated to "Cancel". Ended up with nice CSR, very polite and helpful. Yes sir. we'll see what we can do for a long time customer such as yourself. He reviewed my previous promos. My "Internet" promo $10/mo was still on until December, said previous $10 promos re TV and Home Phone Lite are still available so will reinstate those effective immediately for 6 months only though. Also one-time credit of $48 to offset for six months the rate increases - Internet $5, Phone $1 and TV in Sept $2, so 6 x $8/mo. Better than previously. Essentially back to where I was a few months ago, but still have call in when promos expire. CSR suggested calling in on day they expire. Promo expiry in now listed on the Bell Bill.
What did you say to get the one time 48$ credit? any tips?
Newbie
Feb 11, 2014
22 posts
7 upvotes
Haliburton
Just started by saying I was a long time customer - 40 years - whining that my bill has gone up over the past two months by $30 with loss of promos and increases for Internet and phone. We talked about Internet - verified that what I have is the lowest cost one available. There had just been a $5/mo increase with no better service. At this point CSR volunteered a one-time credit 6 x $5 to offset increase, I said phone also gone up $1/mo, CSR said could do one-time credit $6 to make up. Then I said TV going up $2/mo in September so CSR said he could do one-time credit $12 to offset = $48. Confirmation email indicated that the credit would actually be $47.47 "Loyalty Billing Credit". Don't know how they came up with that figure as opposed to $48.
Member
May 21, 2014
418 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Haliman wrote: Just started by saying I was a long time customer - 40 years - whining that my bill has gone up over the past two months by $30 with loss of promos and increases for Internet and phone. We talked about Internet - verified that what I have is the lowest cost one available. There had just been a $5/mo increase with no better service. At this point CSR volunteered a one-time credit 6 x $5 to offset increase, I said phone also gone up $1/mo, CSR said could do one-time credit $6 to make up. Then I said TV going up $2/mo in September so CSR said he could do one-time credit $12 to offset = $48. Confirmation email indicated that the credit would actually be $47.47 "Loyalty Billing Credit". Don't know how they came up with that figure as opposed to $48.
Nice. Has anybody else got something better than the basic 10$ discount they give?

Top