Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Expressvu HD RETENTION - FREE PVR (1 Year) FREE HD RECEIVER (2 years)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2019 1:31 pm
Jul 23, 2008
942 posts
294 upvotes
Hello,
I have satellite with Bell. We've been with them for over 14 years and we currently have 'best package' plus movie central and Sportsnet. We have 6 receivers (all paid for) and pay $160 plus taxes per month. I would like to call them as the price keeps on creeping up and would like any recommendations how to obtain a better rate. What price do you think I could obtain?
We are not on a contract, nor do we have any other services with Bell.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3191 posts
317 upvotes
Mississauga
how much is the satellite hardwire itself worth? i am moving into a place where the previous owners left their satellite dish up...
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2004
1372 posts
301 upvotes
Oakville
Had $10/mth discount for last 6 months. Called today and was only able to get $5/mth off for next 6 mths.

TV is getting expensive and will have to explore other options to watch the handful of specialty channels (HGTV, Slice, W, Bravo, E!, Space, Food) in the new year.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11571 posts
2974 upvotes
GTA
cba123 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2014 4:02 pm
Had $10/mth discount for last 6 months. Called today and was only able to get $5/mth off for next 6 mths.

$5 is muck. How much are your services?

When the last discount ended, my bill went back to $142 incl. tax( for TV and internet). Called up "to cancel", they offered $10 off, I told them cancel as I can get Cogeco for way cheaper ( they always run 6 months 50% off etc, so mentioned this to Bell). CSR said no more discount available, sorry. She asked three times was I sure of cancelling, trying to call my bluff. But I play a lot of poker lol and bluffed all the way to the river ;)

A few days later got a call asking me to reconsider. Got them down to $110 incl tax. Guy said the following bill might be a bit screwed and it was ( for the original $142 total). SO I called up and they said they'd credit the account and it'll show up either on the next bill or the one after that. I said take it off right now or cancel my services, so they took it off instantly, looked online it was off. They can do it, but they try their hardest not to.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
Tekus Satellite has a deal right now for $15 a month for a year, lowest package, 1 free HD PVR and 2 HD receivers.

Yes you have to sign a 3 year contract but Ive been with Bell for 17 years so obviosuly Im not a company jumper.

I think I will call them and tell them to match or Im done. I pay for the basic package now, with 1 HD pvr and 1 HD receiver $55 with tax

Thats a hige savings and save me $500 the first year, and get an extra receiver out of the deal

Anyoen see this mailout lately?

And after going online to the Telus website, becaue I have their home phone, I save an extra $5 a month, brining it to $10 a month for the first year, and then only $31.95 a month a month the next 2 years

Sorry Bell, but unless you match this, Im outta here. This will save me on average $1000 over the next 3 years And Ive been with them for 17 years now.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:
Oct 31st, 2014 5:41 pm
^^^ seems too good to be true
IM talking with the rep now via online chat, its very true. I dont see how Bell can match it, but they can defintly try

And the install is free to, although they use my excisitng cabling, for the 3rd receiver they run cabling to any room needed
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11571 posts
2974 upvotes
GTA
Spidey wrote:
Oct 31st, 2014 5:49 pm
IM talking with the rep now via online chat, its very true. I dont see how Bell can match it, but they can defintly try

And the install is free to, although they use my excisitng cabling, for the 3rd receiver they run cabling to any room needed
Awesome. No brainer then.

Just having a look at their site, you don't get too many channels, but if that's good enough for you, great price.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:
Oct 31st, 2014 9:49 pm
Awesome. No brainer then.

Just having a look at their site, you don't get too many channels, but if that's good enough for you, great price.
I have the lowest amount of channels right now with Bell anyway, I don't see the line up being much different, if anything. Looked at my neighbours Telus Satellite. Everyhting is the same, receivers, remote, even the guide. Only difference is it says Telus not Bell
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
Just got off the phone with Bell, and all they could offer was a lousy $5 a month off. So after 17 years guess Ill be moving. I wasn't rude, and explained its not that IM not happy with my service, but $1200 on average over 3 years is a huge chuck of change, and its just basic math and finances. Said if you can match, I will stay for sure, but they couldn't even come close. . Expecially when everything will be the same after moving (ie: guide, remote, hardware)

Doesn't matter to me if I have to sign a 3 year contract with Telus, I will use the service anyway.

www.telus.com/amazingdeal is the website

Ends in December sometime
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
fredsmith wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2014 4:02 am
Not in Quebec or Ontario . . .
Sorry cant help you, but we do have a lot of people on here from the West
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
Gave them one more chance, all they could do was $10 off for a year, which still doesnt come close. Shame as really I really never had a problem with Bell, their signal was alwasy good, etc. But Telus is using the Bell signal anyway, so that wont chnage. And my wallet over rules customer loyalty. I think 17 years is a good run. And I just talked to the rep, if I dont take the discount the first year, instead of $10 a month it would be $32, I would get a free 40" Samsung Smart HDTV. Model UN40H5203AF. tv as well. Trying to decide if thats worth the extra $260.
Oct 31, 2007
3364 posts
445 upvotes
My $10 off expired and was able to get it reapplied pretty quick with a call to retentions. Time to take a good look and what other options they have as with Netflix we rarely watch much else other than the major networks.