Expired Offers

Locked: Bell Expressvu HD RETENTION - FREE PVR (1 Year) FREE HD RECEIVER (2 years)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2019 10:11 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 15, 2004
3508 posts
438 upvotes
**
benyl wrote: Got nowhere with the chat and cancelled. oh well.
Did you try calling the retentions # in the first post in this thread? I know it's a pain to have to call Bell but give that a shot.Threaten to cancel and they will offer you a deal to stay...Good luck.
Newbie
Oct 2, 2008
10 posts
9 upvotes
Just called retention. Got 30% off and free HD PVR rental for 1 year. (No Contract)
Thank you very much!!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
11938 posts
3276 upvotes
GTA
Called just now. Offered me 20% off programming and free HDpvr. She told me that it was a great deal and I should take it, lol.

Will call back to cancel next week and will hold out for more, esp when I use internet and phone as a further bargaining tool.
Member
Aug 30, 2007
263 posts
259 upvotes
Hi all,
I know this is a thread for the retention forum but i'd like to see what people have been offered as a new customer for bell expressvu

i called and chatted to their online salesperson
and got the following offer


499$ -100$ =$399 for the HD PVR

and 10$ cheaper a month if I sign for 2 years.

I need to be able to do better than this.
Member
Dec 26, 2006
461 posts
85 upvotes
Calgary
A lot of people looking for a discount in this thread need to take into account the amount of your bill determines the discounts offered - The discount is all about ARPU - the higher the bill, the higher the incentive for Bell to want you to stay.

If your bill is in the $50 range, don't be expecting 40% off. They'll make there money back on getting a new customer and offering an incentive to them to lock them into a long term deal.

For example, my bill was tipping the scales at well over $100 a month - I called and said I wanted to cancel and was offered 40% right off the bat.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
11938 posts
3276 upvotes
GTA
vinman152000 wrote: Hi all,
499$ -100$ =$399 for the HD PVR

and 10$ cheaper a month if I sign for 2 years.

I need to be able to do better than this.
They seem to be willing to give out rent-free pvr's, why not go for that?

As for getting a better deal, it might also depend on the amount of programming you choose to go with.
Member
May 17, 2006
234 posts
2 upvotes
NYR wrote: A lot of people looking for a discount in this thread need to take into account the amount of your bill determines the discounts offered - The discount is all about ARPU - the higher the bill, the higher the incentive for Bell to want you to stay.

If your bill is in the $50 range, don't be expecting 40% off. They'll make there money back on getting a new customer and offering an incentive to them to lock them into a long term deal.

For example, my bill was tipping the scales at well over $100 a month - I called and said I wanted to cancel and was offered 40% right off the bat.
you guys think i can increase my bill one month prior to my contract ending will get me a better deal?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
11938 posts
3276 upvotes
GTA
jjoaquin23 wrote: you guys think i can increase my bill one month prior to my contract ending will get me a better deal?
Very crafty.

It could work I suppose. Load up on a load of theme packs. Get 40% off programming, then reduce it the following month. make sure you get the discount in writing.
Member
Mar 27, 2003
473 posts
71 upvotes
vinman152000 wrote: Hi all,
I know this is a thread for the retention forum but i'd like to see what people have been offered as a new customer for bell expressvu ...got the following offer: 499$ -100$ =$399 for the HD PVR, and 10$ cheaper a month if I sign for 2 years. I need to be able to do better than this.
I too am a possible net new customer - all I really want is HD programming w/no sports but would like Equator, Oasis and most of the arts. (actually minus the GTA OTA ATSC tunable channels would be best, but that'd be customer service/centric and I know that's not Bell's style!) Their site is horrendously unclear. On deals, there was a $99 TSCC (reg $199?) receiver that you could attached a USB external drive to, and you have a full HD PVR. That'd then be $99 + ~$75 (500gb) which seems good. If anyone has the lowdown on the least monthly cost for solely HD, that'd be great.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 2, 2007
171 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks for the tip....Was able to 30% off and 1 year Free HD-PVR Rental for my elderly parents who were being hooked along for over 2 years with no discounts....Question ...Does Cogeco also have a similiar retention plan?
Sr. Member
Nov 16, 2005
954 posts
2 upvotes
Does anyone know if Bell supports HD units for condos?
Sr. Member
Dec 9, 2007
538 posts
15 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote: They seem to be willing to give out rent-free pvr's, why not go for that?

As for getting a better deal, it might also depend on the amount of programming you choose to go with.
Too many people piss money away on the rentals, if you plan to be a customer for 30 months or more (may be less depending on the cost of the receiver) you will save a bundle. I have a 6100 that is almost at the break even point, 9242 that I am half way to break even and 2 3100's that are 8 years old well past break even. Even though the initial cost seems high it is better in the long run and you can still get the good retention offers.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
11938 posts
3276 upvotes
GTA
whodaphucru wrote: Too many people piss money away on the rentals, if you plan to be a customer for 30 months or more (may be less depending on the cost of the receiver) you will save a bundle. I have a 6100 that is almost at the break even point, 9242 that I am half way to break even and 2 3100's that are 8 years old well past break even. Even though the initial cost seems high it is better in the long run and you can still get the good retention offers.
Yes and no. We have had a 9200 coming upto 2yrs. Was $599+tax to buy when we were getting BellTV. I balked at paying $700 before even watching a show. So we rented for $20 a month, the first six were free. So we'll say for the two years it'll cost us (18 x $20) + tax = $407.

Now that does seem pricey, but the kicker in our favour was that after 15 months, the receiver was toast, kaput, useless. They sent us a new one within two days. If we'd bought it, it would have been out of warranty and we'd have been out money.

I know it worked out for us, but that's what you get when you rent, piece of mind.

And now they're giving them out rent free, why on earth would you even think of buying ?
Sr. Member
Mar 31, 2008
588 posts
238 upvotes
Edmonton
NYR wrote: A lot of people looking for a discount in this thread need to take into account the amount of your bill determines the discounts offered - The discount is all about ARPU - the higher the bill, the higher the incentive for Bell to want you to stay.

If your bill is in the $50 range, don't be expecting 40% off.

For example, my bill was tipping the scales at well over $100 a month - I called and said I wanted to cancel and was offered 40% right off the bat.
Got 30 % off, my bill was around the $50 range and my parents got 20% off, they only had basic channels. I tried hard for the 40% but it does seem to matter what your original bill total is. Plus they new what Shaw was offering in my area and would only beat it by a small amount, but every little bit helps.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
11938 posts
3276 upvotes
GTA
tsgee wrote: Got 30 % off, my bill was around the $50 range and my parents got 20% off, they only had basic channels.
Did you simply ask for a better deal?

Top