Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Expressvu HD RETENTION - FREE PVR (1 Year) FREE HD RECEIVER (2 years)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2019 10:11 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 15, 2004
3507 posts
435 upvotes
**
redbulldrinker wrote: Could barely hear the agent in India the line was so, bad. She didn't give a s*&t
Are you sure you talked to retentions? When you get to retentions you don't talk to India as far as I know....Go to the first post in this thread call the phone # there for retentions and follow the instructions posted....

Since you already canceled they will probably call you again before your service is shut off and offer you a deal to stay...Good luck.
Member
Jun 2, 2006
254 posts
7 upvotes
Newmarket
Called back,

Got a local agent in Canada. He offered me free HD PVR for 1 year & 30% off. So I took it :)
Sr. Member
Aug 8, 2003
911 posts
77 upvotes
Ontario
So I got screwed on my offer for a 9242, they bait and switched on me.
So I refused to accept the 9241 the installer brought.

Now I think I'll just get the 6131 but what programming is everyone getting?
4 HD theme packs can be had for $10.00, but are we not paying twice for TSN and other channels?
Member
Jun 2, 2006
254 posts
7 upvotes
Newmarket
Bas tards!!

If they do that to me I'll do the same. Send him packig.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
11814 posts
3159 upvotes
GTA
TheZodiac wrote: So I got screwed on my offer for a 9242, they bait and switched on me.
So I refused to accept the 9241 the installer brought.
Whats the difference? I wouldn't mind knowing.
Sr. Member
Aug 8, 2003
911 posts
77 upvotes
Ontario
Hugh Jass wrote: Whats the difference? I wouldn't mind knowing.

9242 you can hook up two Tv's with the 1 tuner
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 5, 2004
4247 posts
616 upvotes
Guelph, ON
TheZodiac wrote: 9242 you can hook up two Tv's with the 1 tuner
And use the 2nd remote in an entirely different room as it's UHF! The Best!!!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
11814 posts
3159 upvotes
GTA
TheZodiac wrote: 9242 you can hook up two Tv's with the 1 tuner
sixer wrote:And use the 2nd remote in an entirely different room as it's UHF! The Best!!!
OK cool. Our current one allows us to do that, but we never use it. Bell want to send us the single room one for free rental and take back the old one. Why would they do that at all? Wouldn't it be better for them to let us keep the old one as the free rental?
Newbie
Mar 1, 2009
6 posts
Does anyone know how to get this sort of deal if trying to switch from rogers to BELL? I am moving in April to an area with only dish options and i'd like to get the aforementioned deal but when i called to 'see my options in the area' (without them knowing I can't get my Rogers there) the lady on the phone told me the only deal BELL had was $100 from a newly purchased PVR would go to programming credit. No free HD-PVR rental, no 30% off programming, etc. Is this maybe because I didn't go through their cancellations dept on the phone and went to CSR directly? Or is it because I am not with Bell already?
Member
Nov 24, 2003
399 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
When I called as a new customer, the offers were way too low to make it worth signing up with Bell. In my case though, I don't watch that much TV, more movies on DVD (via Zip). I was going to wind up around $80/month, but it took me about 40 minutes with an unbelievably bad CSR to figure that out. Amazingly, after I said no way, the same CSR called back 2 days later to make me an offer, and it was WORSE than what they had offered before. This time it was a really short call...

I watch more during football season, so I'm waiting to see if there is a decent offer before then.
Sr. Member
Nov 8, 2007
659 posts
404 upvotes
Edmonton
Not sure if this is a great deal but this is what I got when I called them and telling them about Telus' free basic TV offer.

-Free 9241 dual tuner HD PVR for 1 year
-Free HD Channels for 6 months
-20% off all programming for 1 year including the HD channels after the first 6 months.

-No obligation to keep receiver after 1 year or keep HD after 6 months.
-The strange part is, even if I give up HD after 6 months, I still have to keep the receiver for 1 year... and I am not paying for the receiver... wouldnt they have preferred to get the receiver back early to give to another person?
Member
Aug 18, 2006
441 posts
17 upvotes
North Vancouver
Tumster wrote: Not sure if this is a great deal but this is what I got when I called them and telling them about Telus' free basic TV offer.

-Free 9241 dual tuner HD PVR for 1 year
-Free HD Channels for 6 months
-20% off all programming for 1 year including the HD channels after the first 6 months.

-No obligation to keep receiver after 1 year or keep HD after 6 months.
-The strange part is, even if I give up HD after 6 months, I still have to keep the receiver for 1 year... and I am not paying for the receiver... wouldnt they have preferred to get the receiver back early to give to another person?
I would guess that you're tied in for the programming package for the year... regardless of the HD or not.
Newbie
Feb 19, 2009
1 posts
I understand that everyone is trying to get a good deal on EVERYTHING these days, but come on, do you really think that you are outsmarting Bell? :lol:

If you do not like what you are paying for your programming, you have 2 choices - Call to cancel, and go to the competitor that is offering you a better deal and cheaper price
OR (as all of you are trying to do here) call to cancel and see if you get lucky with a retention deal. :|

Welcome to the large world of business, where you are nothing but a number. :( No one cares about your feelings, nor do they ultimately care if you cancel or not. :cheesygri
Please don't weep and play poor me as the choice is your on what to do. :cry: Bell would obviously like to keep you as customer and away from competition, so they give you discounts.
They are still making PROFIT off you, so it's not a big deal. :D

When you speak or rant to a CSR (retention or not) and threaten to cancel your service, they can tell if you're looking for credits or not.
It's pretty obvious that when you take a save offer (you were looking for credits) and if you decline and cancel anyways (well, you get the point.) :idea:

Also, when retention reps *saves* you as a customer - they get a *sale* off of you and make bonus money, so they are also happy. This way, both people win. :razz:

Unfortunately, if you do call very often to complain and threaten to cancel - notes are left on your account. When a retention rep offers you something, and you take it,
and keep calling back, and do the same thing 2-3 times, YOU WILL get a rep that does not care about their bonus money and will
let you cancel. I've seen it happen many, many times. This is what you people are calling the *evil agent?* Is this because you are trying to get discounts and it's not going your way?
You do have the choice of canceling and going to the competition that you all seem to be boasting about. It's okay though if you would like to call these retention reps *evil agents*
because most of them do think of you as *cheap greedy* customers.
These *evil agents* are just people that are doing their jobs, and have seen you try to take advantage of the system, time and time again.
They are not stupid people. They know what you are up to. They tried their best to give you discounts, but as you've seen on these threads, people are extremely greedy.

Good luck getting retention deals, and remember - Don't call to complain too much, because in the end, they will call your bluff and let you cancel :lol:

Once again, life's not fair... live it and learn it. :o
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 24, 2008
14543 posts
5480 upvotes
Gatineau
Leya wrote: I understand that everyone is trying to get a good deal on EVERYTHING these days, but come on, do you really think that you are outsmarting Bell? :lol:
I dont think the point is to try to outsmart Bell, but to get as good a deal as the next guy, to be treated like a loyal customer and get the same (if not better) discounts as the offers to potential new clients.
Leya wrote: If you do not like what you are paying for your programming, you have 2 choices - Call to cancel, and go to the competitor that is offering you a better deal and cheaper price
OR (as all of you are trying to do here) call to cancel and see if you get lucky with a retention deal. :|
I think we are all aware of our choices. We either stay and pay the regular price, Stay but try to get a better deal, or Cancel.
Leya wrote: Welcome to the large world of business, where you are nothing but a number. :( No one cares about your feelings, nor do they ultimately care if you cancel or not. :cheesygri
Please don't weep and play poor me as the choice is your on what to do. :cry: Bell would obviously like to keep you as customer and away from competition, so they give you discounts.
They are still making PROFIT off you, so it's not a big deal. :D
I Dont think clients care if they are just a number as long as they are satisfied with the service they are receiving and the price they are paying for it.

I see nobody crying/weeping here.

I dont really care if Bell is making a profit off me, as long as I feel I'm getting a great deal, then I'm satisified.
Leya wrote: When you speak or rant to a CSR (retention or not) and threaten to cancel your service, they can tell if you're looking for credits or not.
It's pretty obvious that when you take a save offer (you were looking for credits) and if you decline and cancel anyways (well, you get the point.) :idea:
I dont think it matters to most people here on what appears to be obvious as long as the end result is the CSR follows their procedures (tries to retain the client when client wishes to cancel) and follows through with a more discounted service.
Leya wrote: Also, when retention reps *saves* you as a customer - they get a *sale* off of you and make bonus money, so they are also happy. This way, both people win. :razz:
Good for them. :)
Leya wrote: Unfortunately, if you do call very often to complain and threaten to cancel - notes are left on your account. When a retention rep offers you something, and you take it,
and keep calling back, and do the same thing 2-3 times, YOU WILL get a rep that does not care about their bonus money and will
let you cancel. I've seen it happen many, many times.
I agree. This is why I've said many times in this thread that all the negociating/tatics to get a better deal should be done all on the initial call to cancel. I've stated a few discussions clients should have with Bell on attempting to get the very best deal they can get.
Leya wrote: This is what you people are calling the *evil agent?* Is this because you are trying to get discounts and it's not going your way?
You do have the choice of canceling and going to the competition that you all seem to be boasting about. It's okay though if you would like to call these retention reps *evil agents*
because most of them do think of you as *cheap greedy* customers.
These *evil agents* are just people that are doing their jobs, and have seen you try to take advantage of the system, time and time again.
They are not stupid people. They know what you are up to. They tried their best to give you discounts, but as you've seen on these threads, people are extremely greedy.
I dont recall anyone calling Bell CSR's "evil agents". And I dont care how cheap and greedy Bell CSR's think of me as long as the end result is that I get the discounts.
Leya wrote: Good luck getting retention deals, and remember - Don't call to complain too much, because in the end, they will call your bluff and let you cancel :lol:
Yup, but then a few days after, another retention agent will call that client back to get the client to come back with another deal.

You may feel that most of us are pretty immorial, but hey, this is Business. And during these rough economic times, it should be a time to keep prices consistant (or lowered). It aint the best idea to re-arrange the programming so that the client ends up having to pay more or add service charge after service charge (as we've seen with Bell TV and Bell Internet). So I when I hear someone post in these threads that they have been successful in getting such a deal, I'm happy for them, and happy for Bell to have made that offer.

djino
"That is just Good Business."

Top