Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

Bell Expressvu HD RETENTION - FREE PVR (1 Year) FREE HD RECEIVER (2 years)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2022 12:12 am
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2006
1435 posts
602 upvotes
ag76 wrote: Geez today I called, and they were more than willing to cancel my account. My only out was that my wife who is the main name on the account had to be on the phone to cancel.

I did try this trick over a year ago, and it did work, so I guess they have it on record and were ready to call my bluff.
That happened to me to, but don't worry, they will offer you something. I was right down to the end of ends and didn't budge...I said I wanted to cancel and unless I got my same 40% off, it wasn't worth staying with Bell. It wasn't until I was about to hang up that the retentions person asked me to hold so she could "talk to her manager"...they came back with the 40%.
Jan 26, 2007
47 posts
9 upvotes
Monthly bill is about 80 dollars which includes the HDPVR rental.
Jan 26, 2007
47 posts
9 upvotes
Ok so I called back armed with my wife to cancel, and ended up getting 30% off and free installation of 2 more lines. So I'm happy.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1243 posts
97 upvotes
GTA
Hi ag76, you mean 2 more lines with no receivers?
Jan 26, 2007
47 posts
9 upvotes
tomtong wrote: Hi ag76, you mean 2 more lines with no receivers?
Yes, cause I had an extra receiver, and my sister inlaw is giving me her SD one.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1243 posts
97 upvotes
GTA
Wow, I better negotiate that on my next term. Just the SW44 cost me $50. :lol:
Apr 22, 2006
28 posts
Upgrading to HD and was offered the following (12 month contract)

Digital Standard + 6 Theme Packs = $59
4 HD Theme Packs = $10
Free PVR rental for 1yr

69 - 30% = 48.30 + 3 service fee = $51.30

Does this sound reasonable?
Jul 24, 2008
3 posts
1 upvote
Used to have:
1 HD Value Pack 10.00
1 HD Receiver (6100) 10.00
1 Digital Standard 32.00
1 US Timeshifting 1.00
1 Digital Service Fee 3.00
1 5 Themes 23.00
Taxes 10.27
Total 89.27

With retention got:
$99 purchase of 6131 (to replace rental 6100)
30% of programming for 12 months
free PVR for 12 months
on a 1 year contract
Total with taxes: 55.94
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2005
2315 posts
2757 upvotes
Toronto
david.a.cummings@gmail.com wrote: Used to have:
1 HD Value Pack 10.00
1 HD Receiver (6100) 10.00
1 Digital Standard 32.00
1 US Timeshifting 1.00
1 Digital Service Fee 3.00
1 5 Themes 23.00
Taxes 10.27
Total 89.27

With retention got:
$99 purchase of 6131 (to replace rental 6100)
30% of programming for 12 months
free PVR for 12 months
on a 1 year contract
Total with taxes: 55.94
Your username is actually your email address? That's funny...
Sep 21, 2009
3 posts
I'm a longtime Rogers customer. I cancelled my account during a transition with a house sale/move. My new house has an ExpressVu dish mounted already so I figured 'what the hell'. I call to inquire with Bell about a similar rogers package. This is what my bill WOULD look like for the next 4 months

HD essentials 72
HD terminal 10
HD PVR 20
rental discount -$10
NHL 51
NFL 50

She said it'd come to 218/month through January 31st LMAO
I asked if there was anything she could do to play with rental costs and/or packages to reduce the cost. She, of course, said no. I said 'you're making my decision very easy'. She said 'sorry it's all fixed pricing'. She closed with "may I add that for your money, you get more sports HD channels'. Ya for 220/month I better get every god damn channel they have to offer.

If you're a sports fan, don't even think about going with Bell. Period.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
1215 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
loonieryan wrote: Your username is actually your email address? That's funny...
Hey, with all the different pseudonmyms we all use on diffierent boards/forums, at least he won't forget his!
Sep 23, 2009
4 posts
SW Ontario
It was nearly a year ago that I had success with the Bell retention CSR. I got a 30% discount on programming plus 12-month free rental of HD-PVR. Now my year is nearly up and I plan to go back to them for a new deal.
When I cut the deal 12-months ago, I had a copy of the Rogers offer to Bell ExpressVu subscribers. I used it to get my Bell retention offer.
But I haven't seen anything in the mail from Rogers recently and can't find anything on their WWW site.
Anyone know what the current Rogers offer might be, if there is an offer?
Please share info or PM
Thanks
Mar 18, 2008
534 posts
167 upvotes
Just called and got the following.

Currently

- Using 2 standard receivers
- Digital Standard - $32
- Fairchild - $15
- DSF - $3
Total $56.84 after taxes

They offered

- 1 free 6103 HD Receiver with free install and new dish. Receiver also has lifetime warranty. If I choose to get another Receiver on top of that it would be full price but 50% off install ($25 instead of $50)
- Fairchild for $10 instead of $15 (Lifetime)
- 30% entire bill for 12 months
- DSF fee waived
- No Contract

Pretty decent imo as originally I was gonna cancel my account and reopen a new one. However, the 30% on bill for 12 months plus no contract makes this deal better.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1243 posts
97 upvotes
GTA
mediaguy wrote: It was nearly a year ago that I had success with the Bell retention CSR. I got a 30% discount on programming plus 12-month free rental of HD-PVR. Now my year is nearly up and I plan to go back to them for a new deal.
When I cut the deal 12-months ago, I had a copy of the Rogers offer to Bell ExpressVu subscribers. I used it to get my Bell retention offer.
But I haven't seen anything in the mail from Rogers recently and can't find anything on their WWW site.
Please share info or PM
Thanks
Just receive Rogers promo in the mail:
Call 1-877-465-3279 to trade in your old satellite receiver
We'll bring an HD box right to your door
It's yours to keep

1. Get a free HD PVR worth $499 when you trade in your old SD or HD satellite receiver and also get roger's internet or rogers home phone.
2. Get one free HD box + One free digital box worth $348when you trade in 2 old satellite receivers
3. Get a free HD box worth $249 when you trade in your old satellite receiver.

The first one look very attractive since I already have Bell Internet and home phone.

Now, it's up to Bell retention if they're willing to match.

I also see another poster said Retention offered free 6103 receiver, is it free rental for a limited time or free for you to keep?
Apr 10, 2005
886 posts
Ottawa, ON
After being "forced" to switch to Rogers from Bell, all I can say is I will be happy to dump Rogers. The PVR is garbage, compared to Bell's, and I was lied to about Rogers pricing, that they would match Bell's pricing.
Here's My Heat

A former product reviewer for Mod The Box
Mar 18, 2008
534 posts
167 upvotes
tomtong wrote:
I also see another poster said Retention offered free 6103 receiver, is it free rental for a limited time or free for you to keep?
I called today and they said the 6103 receiver would be free to keep.
Sep 24, 2009
27 posts
Halifax
Wow my bill is $142 a month, and I by on average of $40 in PPV a month. I have never got any deals from Bell. I payed full price for all my receivers. Guess I should call. Dumb thing is I just ordered Sunday Ticket, they will know I will not cancell untill season is over.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2007
2434 posts
328 upvotes
Waterloo
mediaguy wrote: It was nearly a year ago that I had success with the Bell retention CSR. I got a 30% discount on programming plus 12-month free rental of HD-PVR. Now my year is nearly up and I plan to go back to them for a new deal.
Please share info or PM
Thanks
Just tell them that the service is not worth it to you at the upped price (regular) but you will stay on if you can get it for the 30% off.
You will get it.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2007
2434 posts
328 upvotes
Waterloo
thepred wrote: Wow my bill is $142 a month, and I by on average of $40 in PPV a month. I have never got any deals from Bell. I payed full price for all my receivers. Guess I should call. Dumb thing is I just ordered Sunday Ticket, they will know I will not cancell untill season is over.
Eh doesn't matter. i got my bill reduced the day after I bought and activated a new HD receiver. Just tell them you didn't realize the bill was going to be 142 a month (holy crap that is a lot) and you cannot afford that high of a bill, but can afford something lower.
You should bea ble to get 30% off without any trouble
Sep 24, 2009
27 posts
Halifax
What I would like more is 2 new HD PVR. Do they ever upgrade your 6100 up to pvr for free?