Expired Offers

Locked: Bell Expressvu HD RETENTION - FREE PVR (1 Year) FREE HD RECEIVER (2 years)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2019 10:11 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6060 posts
593 upvotes
SW Ontario
mapleleafs89 wrote: I called in and got this

- HD PVR free 1 year
- 20% discount + $5 discount for HD (which I assume everyone gets)
- no contract

So maybe I will call in, in another month since im not on a contract and cancel to try and get even more :)


EDIT: does anyone know if they do the same thing with the internet?
What more do you think you will get? And how did you get that with no contract? Generally the contract is a given, you got a really good deal considering the no contract part.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 3, 2005
28545 posts
1248 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
mapleleafs89 wrote: I called in and got this

- HD PVR free 1 year
- 20% discount + $5 discount for HD (which I assume everyone gets)
- no contract

So maybe I will call in, in another month since im not on a contract and cancel to try and get even more :)


EDIT: does anyone know if they do the same thing with the internet?
Pls say if you're a first time dealer., or 2nd or 3rd.
I find it frankly impossible that you got no contract. Is no contract with this offer even possible?
PayTM - $154
PC OPT: $4574 Ebates: $64.68
100%+ BST, Heatware Est. 2005, Marketplace eCommerce & Kijiji 5-Star
FS/WTT LOWA/Quality & Vintage footwear Sz 3D-13D
~
SOLD
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2010
3040 posts
810 upvotes
Toronto
This is the first time Ive called in saying I was canceling so maybe thats why. Also the fact Ive been with them for 7 years for TV might help + Home phone + Internet even longer.

I wasnt expecting it to be no contract but yeah I asked him multiple times and he said there was no contract or commitment which pleased me very much.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
11929 posts
3267 upvotes
GTA
mapleleafs89 wrote: I called in and got this

- HD PVR free 1 year
-


EDIT: does anyone know if they do the same thing with the internet?
Is this a new HD install?

Yes, they'll do you a deal if you attempt to cancel Internet.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2010
3040 posts
810 upvotes
Toronto
Yes its new HD install.

Free install, which i expected.
Member
Dec 5, 2003
233 posts
I only got 20% after the 30% ran out. I also have to return the pvr but they gave me a $50 bonus. I have been phoning and telling them that I was to have the pvr for another year. So far they have been giving me a credit voucher towards the next month. The people at bell are fried!
Sr. Member
Feb 5, 2009
833 posts
69 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote: Pls say if you're a first time dealer., or 2nd or 3rd.
I find it frankly impossible that you got no contract. Is no contract with this offer even possible?
Is there any reason why you find it impossible?
After all you're just dealing with a CSR who is entering information into a provisioning and billing system.
Unless you sign a contract or at the very least agree to their call script that ask/tell you are going to be on a contract, you aren't bound to it


Not trying to flame, but trying to figure what you are assuming or experienced to think that a contract is required.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6060 posts
593 upvotes
SW Ontario
dealCker wrote: Is there any reason why you find it impossible?
After all you're just dealing with a CSR who is entering information into a provisioning and billing system.
Unless you sign a contract or at the very least agree to their call script that ask/tell you are going to be on a contract, you aren't bound to it


Not trying to flame, but trying to figure what you are assuming or experienced to think that a contract is required.
Usually it is, and it makes sense. Did you ask about a contract? Or just assume since it wasn't mentioned that a contract was not involved. If it just wasn't mentioned, I would call up and ask of you were put in a contract, because there is a good possibility you were.
Sr. Member
Feb 5, 2009
833 posts
69 upvotes
redgrandam wrote: Usually it is, and it makes sense. Did you ask about a contract? Or just assume since it wasn't mentioned that a contract was not involved. If it just wasn't mentioned, I would call up and ask of you were put in a contract, because there is a good possibility you were.
It also does make sense that month to month contract is the first option after a contract is over (I'm betting you'll find that in your original contract). for example, if you are a 2 year contract, on your 25 month you have gone to a month to month contract and that is where you are at.

and since we are dealing in renewals after a contract has expired, I would find the probability that no contract is more likely the casee.

Bell would have some issues if they tried to hold a person to a 2 year "contract" if the customer doesn't agree to it or physically sign a contract. The consumer has to agree to it. (especially over the phone where there is no paper contract)

I made no assumptions and made sure I had no contract during my calls with them
Remember that we are dealing with CSRs with provisioning and billing systems and these systems are falliable.

All I am getting at is that each person will have varying experiences and that you can't assume that you get the same experience. All things are possible, just ask for it. after all, if some of us didn't read this thread, we wouldn't ask to get a discount in the first place :-) and on top of that ask not to be on contract as part of the negotiation.

see following links for others who state they weren't put on contract.
10167352-post1157/
bell-expressvu-hd-retention-free-pvr-1- ... ost9896764
9116776-post874/
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6060 posts
593 upvotes
SW Ontario
All inwas saying is that they 'usually' have you enter into a new contract for the length of the promo you are signing with. If you didn't have to, that's awesome, just sometimes it can sneak up on you. When your contract ends, yes you would go month to month. Usually to get free install on something they want to make sure you will stay with them, which they seem to do with the retention offers, where they come install a replacement receiver.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 6, 2003
1187 posts
45 upvotes
GTA
I called earlier and enquire about my contract, I was told there's none other than the very first one I signed 12 years ago. However, I have a contract of the HDPVR rental for 12 months they offered. To me, it's almost the same as a contract. However, since they reimbursed the rental fee upfront, it may be a different story.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2007
2337 posts
206 upvotes
Waterloo
so my 30% discount comes off this month so I called the retentions line, and like others have recently stated they said "Sorry the 30% discount no longer exists, highest we can give is 20%"
I said well, the agent last year promised us that we could call back in a year and get the 30% discount again, he then said ok well max I can do is 20% however I can transfer you to my manager he might be able to do something for you.
Talked to the manager and he siad can't offer it, my only options is 20% of or cut out programming to reduce costs.
not sure what im going to do
Newbie
Dec 12, 2007
52 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
mapleleafs89 wrote: Ive been with Bell TV for 7 years and pretty much had the same package ever since. $82 / month for SD + The Movie Network and 5 Theme packs. I dont want in a contract though, because I want to switch to Bells FibeTV once its officially launched in more locations.

So if I call in, what should I be looking to get if I dont want a contract. It would be nice to get an HD receiver, I dont need the full PVR, but Im not into that crap, get free for 1 year if you sign a contract or whatever because I want the option to leave for FibeTV at any time.
Don't hold your breath on Bell Fibe rolling out Nationwide soon. I can't see that happening for a while.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2010
3040 posts
810 upvotes
Toronto
Im not talking nation wide. Bell FibeTV is already in some areas of Toronto which is near me and they will be expanding to all of the 416/905 area next. I am estimating 3-8 months for it to be available to me. Ive already got Fibe 25 available to me so those are the areas where it will be available the soonest because neighbourhoods with outdated lines and equipment will need more upgrades to support the service.

Anyways, I just called bell for internet and ended up getting 10$ off for 1 year with contract. Doesnt matter to me Ive been with bell for 10 years so.. They also offered me 1 month free first but that was 45$ off vs $120. Now paying 40$ with my bell bundle discount for Fibe 12 service.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 3, 2005
28545 posts
1248 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
dealCker wrote: Is there any reason why you find it impossible?....
Well...if it was possible we'd be reading about a lot more than 3 people among the 1400 posts in this thread reporting it.

Retention offers, are never given without some form of contractual guarantee that the provider is going to secure revenue by doing so. If you were already without contract paying $90...what benefit does the company have to discount you to $50...and STILL let you cancel without penalty the next month? lol?

The fact that you claim you got it...and have linked those three people who also claim they got it...is simply bewildering.

I'm not saying you're all lying., just utterly intrigued at how something that potentially is so possible...has only happened to FOUR individuals over the last year. I know your mommy told you you were special growing up...but this is ridiculous :lol: .
PayTM - $154
PC OPT: $4574 Ebates: $64.68
100%+ BST, Heatware Est. 2005, Marketplace eCommerce & Kijiji 5-Star
FS/WTT LOWA/Quality & Vintage footwear Sz 3D-13D
~
SOLD

Top