Expired Hot Deals

Bell

Fibe Gigabit Internet/Cable/Home Phone $99 Bundle At Toronto Home Show

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2017 2:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2006
1196 posts
129 upvotes

[Bell] Fibe Gigabit Internet/Cable/Home Phone $99 Bundle At Toronto Home Show

Bell is at the Toronto Home Show, and they're offering some very solid bundles there.

I signed up for the following for $99 + tax:
Gigabit Internet (subject to availability in your area)
The "Better" TV package - which includes everything in the "Good" TV package, plus some add-ins like AMC, Disney, Showcase, and some others
Home Phone
Modem Rental Included
4k PVR
No installation cost
2 year contract

I was informed that if we wanted the Good TV package instead of the Better TV package, we could *probably* get it for $73 + tax, which in my opinion is a very good price, but I wanted some of the channels in the Better package.

They indicated that this is only available to new customers, and only for as long as the home show is on (March 10th-19th)
TV Packages with channel listings: http://www.bell.ca/Fibe-TV/Fibe-Programming-Packages
70 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1143 posts
1193 upvotes
Calgary
Is it possible to sign up via phone, online/chat or only in-person at the Home Show?
Newbie
Jun 12, 2013
30 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Any idea what deals they had IF the Gigabit service wasn't available, we have the 50 in our area and I'm interested in the better TV as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1143 posts
1193 upvotes
Calgary
Would be interested in seeing the terms, pricing guarantee, etc.
Bell is famous for having these promotions but the $99 would only be valid for the first 3 months, and then it's suddenly $220/month for the remaining 21 months of the contract.
Newbie
Jun 12, 2013
30 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Spoke to a rep, said if the Gigabit service isn't available the closest deal is $150. Needless to say Gigabit is hardly available so it's just a ploy to draw you in.
Member
Oct 29, 2016
312 posts
137 upvotes
OKSpring wrote: Would be interested in seeing the terms, pricing guarantee, etc.
Bell is famous for having these promotions but the $99 would only be valid for the first 3 months, and then it's suddenly $220/month for the remaining 21 months of the contract.
Bell doesn't have price locks the same way Rogers does, but the promotional discount would still be locked for 2 years.
Next Feb. 1 you're probably still subject to an increase base price of the 3 services, maybe $5 each.
For example, here's my internet deal.
Upgraded to Fibe 50 in late 2016 $79.95 less $40 lifetime promotion = $39.95
On Feb. 1 that service price went up $5 to $84.95, so now I'm paying $44.95
Right now on the website they are already showing $89.95.

In short, your 2 year promotional discount is fixed.
Member
Jul 3, 2013
376 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
This looks like competition for the Rogers gigabit + tv deal

But yea bell does like to change the price all the sudden on you. A phone call usually fixes it but it's a hassle.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2006
1196 posts
129 upvotes
bengigan wrote: Bell doesn't have price locks the same way Rogers does, but the promotional discount would still be locked for 2 years.
Next Feb. 1 you're probably still subject to an increase base price of the 3 services, maybe $5 each.
For example, here's my internet deal.
Upgraded to Fibe 50 in late 2016 $79.95 less $40 lifetime promotion = $39.95
On Feb. 1 that service price went up $5 to $84.95, so now I'm paying $44.95
Right now on the website they are already showing $89.95.

In short, your 2 year promotional discount is fixed.
They indicated to me that $99 is the price that I will pay for two years.
Member
Oct 29, 2016
312 posts
137 upvotes
Fox wrote: They indicated to me that $99 is the price that I will pay for two years.
Don't be surprised if it goes up a bit on Feb. 1. They do it every year
Member
Jul 17, 2008
242 posts
256 upvotes
Mississauga
Need to have the Promotional code or reference code to get this offer by phone or chat.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3507 posts
3487 upvotes
bengigan wrote: Bell doesn't have price locks the same way Rogers does, but the promotional discount would still be locked for 2 years.
Next Feb. 1 you're probably still subject to an increase base price of the 3 services, maybe $5 each.
For example, here's my internet deal.
Upgraded to Fibe 50 in late 2016 $79.95 less $40 lifetime promotion = $39.95
On Feb. 1 that service price went up $5 to $84.95, so now I'm paying $44.95
Right now on the website they are already showing $89.95.

In short, your 2 year promotional discount is fixed.
what area are you in? how do you get $40 life time discount?!?!
Member
Oct 29, 2016
312 posts
137 upvotes
pongster wrote: what area are you in? how do you get $40 life time discount?!?!
Central Toronto. I negotiate with them semi-professionally and do this telecom consulting for clients.
The problem is I will likely lose that discount when I cancel home phone after that promo expires.
Right now I have it free home phone until August 2018 so i'll have to renegotiate the internet then. Or get the home phone back down again.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3320 upvotes
Fox wrote: They indicated to me that $99 is the price that I will pay for two years.
Base price can increase ($5 after a year, for example). Only your discount will remain constant during the contract period. And you will end up paying an additional $5+tax.
Last edited by Guest1284983 on Mar 11th, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Member
Dec 5, 2013
314 posts
109 upvotes
Hamilton
Good deal. I got exact same package about 6 month ago, used to pay 110+tax, now 120$+tax, bell increase price recently. I will call them next Monday to see any chance to get some discount. Honestly, I think Bell really failed at price control, loyal means more profit?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2006
1196 posts
129 upvotes
rendered22 wrote: Key is if it's Unlimited Gigabit or not?
It's unlimited. I've never heard of a Gigabit plan that wasn't unlimited.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3320 upvotes
zhuyyu wrote: Good deal. I got exact same package about 6 month ago, used to pay 110+tax, now 120$+tax, bell increase price recently. I will call them next Monday to see any chance to get some discount. Honestly, I think Bell really failed at price control, loyal means more profit?
Bell is known for both billing errors and price hikes. The discount remains the same during the contract period, but the price can increase.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.

Top