Bell FibeTV - IPTV issues with Asus Router in "bridge"

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2018 9:55 pm
[OP]
Mar 5, 2018
2 posts

Bell FibeTV - IPTV issues with Asus Router in "bridge"

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to get both Internet & IPTV working with Asus router from Bell Hub 2000 and need some help with my current topology setup

* Setup Asus router with PPPOE & same Bell b1 username/password = OK

* In my Asus router, under LAN/IPTV Menu, I have set VLAN=35 for Internet & VLAN=36 for IPTV. This seems to work for a lot of folks, but not for me (no internet, no IPTV)

* The only configuration that works for both Internet & IPTV is setting "Select ISP Profile = NONE" and "Choose IPTV STB Port = LAN 4", but that lets the Bell HUB 2000 pass its IP through the Asus LAN to my internal network...so one room (Room 2) would get connected to 192.168.1.1 (Asus), while the other room (Room 1) would get connected to 192.168.2.1 (Bell)...and I need both rooms to be on the same Asus network, with both Internet & IPTV working.

I was thinking about replacing the 1GB switches with manages switches to enable Trunked VLANs, but I was hoping this could be resolved via configuration withing the Asus router, as the Bell Hub 2000 successfully can output both Internet & IPTV protocols from the same Bell LAN, through any one of the 1 GB switch.

Bottom line, VLAN 35 & 36 don't work, I can get both Internet & IPTV to work, but over 2 separate networks, instead of 192.168.1.1 which is what I'm aiming for (all other devices such as WiFi & VOIP work)

After 1 week of troubleshooting, I'm at a complete lost...any help would be greatly appreciated.
Images
  • Asus IPTV settings.jpg
  • Bell-Asus Home Network Topology.jpg
Last edited by rockblock2000 on Mar 6th, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 replies
May 21, 2008
588 posts
57 upvotes
Ottawa
Can you not connect your STB to ASUS? With Rogers I had my IPTV STB plugged in to my Asus RTn56u which connects to Rogers modem in bridge mode. Just switched to Bell last week and so far I am testing everything plugged into Bell Hub 3000. No issues so far.
[OP]
Mar 5, 2018
2 posts
yanksingh wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 9:44 am
Can you not connect your STB to ASUS? With Rogers I had my IPTV STB plugged in to my Asus RTn56u which connects to Rogers modem in bridge mode. Just switched to Bell last week and so far I am testing everything plugged into Bell Hub 3000. No issues so far.
Yes I can...I can dedicate a separate LAN for the STB and and a separate one for Internet, but my problem is that I need both STB & Internet and they are hooked to the Asus LAN through a common switch..