Expired Offers

Locked: Bell Fibre 1GBPS internet

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2019 9:35 pm
Mar 20, 2018
8 posts
2 upvotes
TORONTO
hansdoreen wrote: I can confirm as well.
Confirmed that they will increase also.
Ryzen 1600X; GeFORCE 1660Ti; Samsung 32" 144Hz; Overclocked Everything
Everything is Awesome
Mar 23, 2017
342 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Heads up... I'm on a similar plan and they upped the price by $5 half way through. They do it as a monthly discount instead of a protected rate.
Oct 4, 2007
344 posts
52 upvotes
BRKAMZN wrote: Call in to cancel and have the cancellation date well into the future like a month or so.
Give them some time to get back to you either via email or call back. Then you will get those good deals.
I left bell a few months ago now. I did cancel well ahead of time and got 0 love from them. Cancelled about a month before (tv/internet/phone). Initial person said they couldn't offer anything at all until my current contract ran out (via internet chat). On the cancellation call as well as second and Third person i talked to on the phone by calling in myself, all of them tried to actually increase my monthly cost. Never got a call back to offer anything better.
I then called in to confirm cancellation and they seemed like they lost the date or something. Finally cancellation came and went. I'd signed up with Ebox and the bell guy came by and hooked up ebox.
Anyway, cancellation comes and goes, i call in a couple weeks after to see what's up with final bill, they say wait a couple weeks and I'll get final bill and instructions on sending stuff back. Get final bill, they charged me for an extra month. I call back in they explain my internet billing is correct because i was post pay but other stuff was pre-pay and i shouldn't owe for that. They apologize and say it should be fixed in a month. As well they had the wrong service end date, they had it 4 days after our agreed termination date. I pay the balance i'm told is owing.
Next month rolls around, I get another bill that says i'm still owing for phone/tv. As well they've moved the cancellation date back but not to the correct date, it was still off by 2 days. Call back in again, long discussion, they say i'm all good, apologize etc.
Next month rolls around, I get another bill saying I still owe like $15, this is of the 2 extra days they are trying to charge me for...and late fees on those 2 days. I call in again talk to someone, they say it's all fixed...but they say it should be reflected in their online UI in a matter of minutes, hours at most. Yay it's fixed. She tries to sell me bell services.

Sorry that's a long winded story to get to the fact that I did cancel a month before, got no call back like other folks, but months later did have someone that wanted to win my back...good times.
Oct 21, 2009
691 posts
600 upvotes
Save some time on getting ongoing deals. Voice your concern with pricing directly to head office and they will give you the discount:

https://support.bell.ca/Resolve-a-concern

3+ years ago I got Fibe 300 for $40/month and never bothered with negotiating. I just complained to head office as soon as the price went up and they applied an ongoing promo (if the price goes up, promo credit goes up accordingly).

Also If you do get two different prices (on the phone/chat and another via email) remember this article: https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4635118
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9517 posts
4241 upvotes
6ix
My Fibe 300 promo credit ended, sad day Crying Face

Koodo $40 8GB
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1106 posts
374 upvotes
Kanata, ON
McLaren__F1 wrote: My Fibe 300 promo credit ended, sad day Crying Face

That's a solid deal, how long did you have that for?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9517 posts
4241 upvotes
6ix
cazzo1980 wrote: That's a solid deal, how long did you have that for?
1 year, free modem/router rental and install
Koodo $40 8GB
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1106 posts
374 upvotes
Kanata, ON
McLaren__F1 wrote: 1 year, free modem/router rental and install
that's a great price, I have the fibe 300 internet now, paying 55.95.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20770 posts
3117 upvotes
YUL
MastaOogway wrote: "prices may increase during subscription" ~prices will increase during subscription.
Funny, when they (BELL) lock you into a contract, you can't do anything to get around it or change things in your favor, but when they feel like jacking up the price (which they will for sure) there's nothing you can do about it. That's why I refuse to do business with Bell. Bait and switch company. Weasels. That should be illegal. It defeats the purpose of locking into a contract. When you buy a car, the car company doesn't jack up the price of the car as you're paying for it.
Sep 2, 2017
655 posts
529 upvotes
Ontario
najibs wrote: Funny, when they (BELL) lock you into a contract, you can't do anything to get around it or change things in your favor, but when they feel like jacking up the price (which they will for sure) there's nothing you can do about it. That's why I refuse to do business with Bell. Bait and switch company. Weasels. That should be illegal. It defeats the purpose of locking into a contract. When you buy a car, the car company doesn't jack up the price of the car as you're paying for it.
Don't accept a contract then, I never did and been with them for years, been taking 1 year promos and easily renewing or getting a better deal when it expires but never locked into anything and can cancel when I want with nothing to pay
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9517 posts
4241 upvotes
6ix
cazzo1980 wrote: that's a great price, I have the fibe 300 internet now, paying 55.95.
After tax?
Koodo $40 8GB
Jan 19, 2017
402 posts
114 upvotes
zaibii786 wrote: Same here, I negotiated with Rogers and got offered $37 for 1gbps or $32 for 500mbps
Weird thing is I am getting same speed as 1gbps after downgrading from 1gbps, between 550mbps to 700mbps
when did you get those deals? very recently?
Jul 14, 2014
142 posts
354 upvotes
Markham
darXider wrote: when did you get those deals? very recently?
I got it on April 28th 2019
Jan 28, 2017
177 posts
96 upvotes
[quote=
overtask wrote: ↑ Can confirm this tactic, making yourself difficult to reach + rejecting initial offers after you scheduled a cancellation. Once even got to the stage where the technician was over to stop the service and also had a said they wanted to speak to me before I cancel. Depends on how much time you're willing to waste to get the savings, I know, moot point - this is RFD.

Now that this technique is public, I am sure Rogers and Bell will have other ways to combat the abuse lol.
[/quote]

Au contraire, cher ami - "abuse" is what those two heap on their paying customers
Jul 20, 2011
90 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Just remember to run various speed check from your computer and don’t use the bell speed check. I was getting full 1gbps to the modem but from the modem out I was only getting less than 200mbps . After months of talking to tech support and higher up the food chain I now get the full speed that I signed up for. From reading online there are lots of people with similar issues and those are just the ones that check and make sure they are getting what they are paying for. Now that the issue has been fixed bell has been great and I never thought I would say that in my life.