Computers & Electronics

Bell fibre availability in L5V (Mississauga)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2022 6:30 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 17, 2007
11 posts
6 upvotes

Bell fibre availability in L5V (Mississauga)

I live in Mississauga in L5V area Heartland... I have been told by bell rep since 5 years that they are working on installing Bell fibre optic in area.. since 2015 we have not seen it.. I checked the availability in my area under my postal code it say we can get 50mbps download and 10 upload.. Does anyone knows when we are going to get the Fibre in our area.. Please inform I am having problems with speed with my provider.. thanks
Last edited by MrDisco on Jul 10th, 2020 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed title
62 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8434 posts
5312 upvotes
Mississauga
No one here will be able to tell you. Only the network planning guys at Bell know and there's no way they'd tell you anything regarding future plans.
Newbie
Oct 27, 2015
74 posts
147 upvotes
I know someone that works at Bell in this area and was told the issue is the city of Mississauga is making it difficult for them to schedule and lay the proper fibre down to get fibre direct to the home. There is no ETA on this.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2006
3701 posts
1207 upvotes
Toronto
I got this from my rep last wk. Try calling or text

"BELL Residential Offer for your Family and Friends.
Fastest Gigabit 1.5 Internet/ FIBE TV $135 plus $100 TScc Gift Card! Contact John or Sabrina 416-522-5504 "
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8434 posts
5312 upvotes
Mississauga
Most if not all of that area is underground service so it'll be a much bigger job running FTTH.
Sr. Member
Apr 4, 2017
589 posts
463 upvotes
Does anyone know a way to get more details on rollout? I'm in L4A (Stouffville). According to the Bell site, it's not available on my street. Is there a way to make a request or get more details?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2056 posts
1326 upvotes
Durham
Bell is not going to be rushing for Fibe to home in existing sub-divisions. Their focus is new developments and condos.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 4, 2019
674 posts
376 upvotes
ONTARIO
Kkhan15 wrote: Bell is not going to be rushing for Fibe to home in existing sub-divisions. Their focus is new developments and condos.
I know but its been like 9 years since they upgraded the neighborhood to FTTH. In L5L, Erin Mills we can just get 50-100.
Maybe they have enough revenue coming in so they don't feel pressure to upgrade. I think more cancelations will help speed up the process.

But they are so tough in rententions. I used to have all 3 services, now I'm down to just 1. My family won't let me switch to Rogers internet because they WFH and have heard horror stories about Rogers. So I'm stuck with Bell for now.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 5, 2003
2544 posts
467 upvotes
North York
SelfHighFive wrote: I know someone that works at Bell in this area and was told the issue is the city of Mississauga is making it difficult for them to schedule and lay the proper fibre down to get fibre direct to the home. There is no ETA on this.
I can see why, at our old place in North York, the bell install crews were awful, it was literally a year and a couple days after the street was repaved, they had it torn up for nearly half a year just for the FTTH install and left piles of dirt everywhere for months at a time. It was far less work then a full street and right of way rehab, and you could tell they were doing the absolute minimum and left it in worse condition then when they started work.

Bell has been installing FTTH near Winston Churchill north of Derry since last spring, don't know if it's active yet, they still haven't restored their sidewalk cuts yet, but at least the turf was done in a more timely manner.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 13, 2008
6263 posts
2902 upvotes
Durham
bobby877 wrote: I live in Mississauga in L5V area Heartland... I have been told by bell rep since 5 years that they are working on installing Bell fibre optic in area.. since 2015 we have not seen it.. I checked the availability in my area under my postal code it say we can get 50mbps download and 10 upload.. Does anyone knows when we are going to get the Fibre in our area.. Please inform I am having problems with speed with my provider.. thanks
Only Bell would know. Call them. Email them.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3441 posts
2219 upvotes
Mississauga
I have been seeing a lot of Telecon crews off late around Mavis/Matheson area marking spots on sidewalk and pavements. So who knows, it might be closer than you think.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36195 posts
9452 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Wildwestbob wrote: My family won't let me switch to Rogers internet because they WFH and have heard horror stories about Rogers. So I'm stuck with Bell for now.
Order the Rogers service and keep Bell as a back up. After a month or two and they realize how much faster Rogers is, cancel Bell

I went the other way. When I lived in Mississauga I was using Rogers and I stuck with them for 18 years. Then Fibe cable along after I moved. Tried it out and I will never go back to cable. Rogers has called offering me 1 Gig for 40$ as a promo to win me back. But I rather pay double to keep Fibe. It is that much better
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 4, 2019
674 posts
376 upvotes
ONTARIO
Gee wrote: Order the Rogers service and keep Bell as a back up. After a month or two and they realize how much faster Rogers is, cancel Bell

I went the other way. When I lived in Mississauga I was using Rogers and I stuck with them for 18 years. Then Fibe cable along after I moved. Tried it out and I will never go back to cable. Rogers has called offering me 1 Gig for 40$ as a promo to win me back. But I rather pay double to keep Fibe. It is that much better
I think Bell knows this and thats why they don't feel as much pressure to price match Rogers.
Some of the deals out there from Rogers retention and winback show the desperation.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36195 posts
9452 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Wildwestbob wrote: I think Bell knows this and thats why they don't feel as much pressure to price match Rogers.
Some of the deals out there from Rogers retention and winback show the desperation.
In your situation, your Bell service is just VDSL and Rogers will offer more bandwidth. I would switch

The horror stories are unfounded. Both Bell and Rogers have problems.
Newbie
Dec 29, 2008
72 posts
115 upvotes
Mississauga
My parents live in heartland and I've been trying to get them fibre to the home for years now. Only VDSL is available up to 50mbps and only Rogers provide decent speeds up to gigabit. Rogers has been decent for years now but up until the recent months, the modem will randomly restart randomly. The neighbors had the same issue and apparently it was an issue with the connection between two neighboring nodes. This took months to diagnose as the modem kept saying the signal was good and technicians would test the connection between the house and the node, not the node to another node. At the end, they brought in the maintenance team to fix the issue between the nodes.
Member
Jun 4, 2018
269 posts
301 upvotes
I live in the heart of Markham and there is no Bell fiber to the home here either.

No, problem. I can stick with Teksavvy....but i will buy FTH from the first company to offer it.
Newbie
Jan 20, 2021
1 posts
2 upvotes
First time poster on this forum, but wanted to chime in on this topic.

1. If your interested in having Bell Fibre installed on your property in the future, I would suggest you complete the contest form: https://www.bell.ca/Fibre-to-your-door

2. I reached out to the email address that was sent out from the consent form and got a response from the Bell FTTH Team.
Thanks for reaching out. I don’t have an exact date for when your specific street will be built but I can tell you that we have started some parts of Mississauga particularly in Clarkson and Streetsville. A few years ago we completed some parts of the city that bordered Etobicoke because historically they were connected back to central hubs in Toronto.

Given the size of the city of Mississauga, we are working with the municipality to develop a full roll-out. Sadly, Covid and the Ontario lockdown are delaying a lot of discussions. Once we do have an approved permit for your area you’ll see a notification on your door that construction will begin and someone will be canvassing door to door to discuss pre-connecting the fibre wire to your home at no charge.
Newbie
Oct 22, 2013
18 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga
dannypachy wrote: First time poster on this forum, but wanted to chime in on this topic.

1. If your interested in having Bell Fibre installed on your property in the future, I would suggest you complete the contest form: https://www.bell.ca/Fibre-to-your-door

2. I reached out to the email address that was sent out from the consent form and got a response from the Bell FTTH Team.
Thanks for the form, just filled it, not sure how it will speed things up, I have been waiting for it for years, no provider can provide a decent upload speed right now and I suffer when I have to WFH. Even with Rogers their max upload is only 30M.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 13, 2004
13108 posts
4709 upvotes
Ontario
What issues are you having with your speed?
bobby877 wrote: I live in Mississauga in L5V area Heartland... I have been told by bell rep since 5 years that they are working on installing Bell fibre optic in area.. since 2015 we have not seen it.. I checked the availability in my area under my postal code it say we can get 50mbps download and 10 upload.. Does anyone knows when we are going to get the Fibre in our area.. Please inform I am having problems with speed with my provider.. thanks

Top