Bell fibre to the home in stittsville K2S1S4

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2021 10:18 pm
[OP]
Sep 30, 2019
10 posts
1 upvote

Bell fibre to the home in stittsville K2S1S4

Hey there does anybody have any information on when fibre to the home will come to the whalings circle area in stittsville it's been 3 years waiting for it here and they did the neighborhood next to me and just avoided mine let me know guys.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3800 posts
3185 upvotes
Southern Ontario
My Mother is in rural Ontario and has had the same promises from our government and Bell... so far, nothing.

You know as much as she knows. She's stuck with a phone line and DSL.

My guess is that Bell isn't too keen on doing the fibre infrastructure because they are losing a lot of extra services when people cancel their:

Phone Line $40-$50
DSL $40-60
Satellite TV $80+

Then just buy Fibre for $70 or so and stream their television content as well. So this basically is a Losing situation for Bell. It sounds like the government is trying to force them to wire up all rural areas, but Bell isn't in a hurry for the reasons I listed. That's my .02 on it.
Nov 20, 2014
300 posts
103 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
They just started installing the fiber lines here here in Findlay Creek (Ottawa). Don't know how long it will take for them to actually provide service, but I hope they will be competitive with pricing so that they can snake us away from Rogers. Currently pay a retention deal price at 59.99 a month for gigabit IIRC. If they beat or match I will probably switch. Would be interested to see if it will actually improve pings + uploads as it will be nice for the 4 of us who WFH + 2 people doing virtual school.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2019
10 posts
1 upvote
I might be able to help you with pricing and yes hopefully they get to stittsville where I live soon they did the neighborhood right next to me