Computers & Electronics

Bell Fixed wireless home internet

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2023 9:22 am
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
3127 posts
2182 upvotes
The installer should call you within 24hours to confirm the appointment and they also call you with standard COVID questions.
813 upvotes
SWO
da_123 wrote: Has anyone done seasonal disconnects with this service?

Is there an equipment rental fee detailed on the bill?

I think Bell charges $50 for seasonal suspension plus any equipment rental charges while suspended.
For anyone else in this situation, according to Bell online chat it's $50 to suspend services for a max of six months, with no charges during those six months.
Feb 8, 2017
495 posts
395 upvotes
flamenko wrote: Just got off with Bell again. Good news and good news... First off, there are no overages in this plan until the beginning of June. (COVID-19) This means you are ONLY being charged your base charge. After that, when you reach the 350GB and then the $100 max overage... it is unlimited.... No restrictions. No throttling. 0 additional cost and 0 carry over.

As for my situation... They installed a tower...through the thick trees, I still get 25Mbps dead on.... I run about 200ft of line to the Bell Hub 2000 and it is rock solid. Living off Netflix and Ozark... The only difficulty was I had to run a line back to my garage as an AP to get everything up and running there properly. This router isn't as powerful as the ZF288 Turbo Hub. In fact, I can connect to the Turbo Hub 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi networks (which are now my garage AP) from the house but I cannot hook up to the Bell Wifi from the Hub 2000 router (in my house) at the garage or even see it.

I tried to get the Hub 3000 as the WiFi distance is 3x as far but they insist it is for Fibe only and will not work on my setup with the antenna.

I have also found success in resolving host issues to get chrome rocket fast...

https://www.google.com/search?q=slow+in ... e&ie=UTF-8

Just got this result...

They install a tower free of charge? Wonder why they did not do this for me as I’m not getting a good signal and have large majestic trees
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
3127 posts
2182 upvotes
LIKEWTF wrote: They install a tower free of charge? Wonder why they did not do this for me as I’m not getting a good signal and have large majestic trees
The Installation Group rep that first attended to find my signal told me that it couldn't be done close to the house. He stated he was recommending a tower which wasn't often done and when I asked the price, he stated that it would be free. My tower goes right through massive pines that are much higher and much thicker than this tower. I havent found any signal degradation whatsoever yet.
4264 posts
5639 upvotes
Muskoka
Update on my slow ping time issue.

It looks like the problem was the large upload my daughter was performing as pointed out by @tiger_paws in the article (s)he mentioned. Other google searches basically said the same thing. Once I told my daughter to stop, service became normal. Then when she started up again, slow pings return almost immediately. I found a setting on my TP-Link wifi router that I'm using that limits the upload/download speeds. I kept the download at max but limited the upload to about 75% of Bell max of 1GBs. This kept everything working smooth even with the upload going on her machine. I could play with the upload setting. As soon as set it to 100% - slow pings. Back to 75%, normal again.

We have been running steady now since Tuesday, no problems. Now, just a few more days for the new leaves to fully develop - just to make sure my signal stays healthy - and then I will cancel xPlornet.
Public Mobile
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Jerico wrote: Update:
Its been 5 business days and no call back. So I called them. They had no idea what I was talking about. No ticket was created, the service is not available at my address and “we told you that when you called in”. They tried to transfer me back to service, got cut off. No call back. Happened twice more. Explained my IMT ticket to the FOURTH guy I spoke too. He just went ahead and set up the account and gave me an install date of May 28th in the am. Will update,.
Update
Damn Bell is useless. I called in 2 days after my last conversation as they hadn’t emailed me as they said they would. They got my email address wrong (this was on Sunday I think). Today (Tuesday, install date is Thursday) they called to ask me Covid questions (I could barely understand the lady who called). I asked about my email confirmation but the email was STILL wrong. Correct that. She reads my address, and its wrong so she “corrects” it. Get the email. Address is Still wrong (the address doesnt actually exist). Call in again, on the phone for 45 mins and the guy cant change my address. Sends in a ticket that should take 24 hours, but my install date at this point is in about 40 hours. Ask if my address will be corrected before the installer comes. They said yes, but again no email confirmation.

If they weren’t the only game in town on this I would be telling them to get bent.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Jerico wrote: Update
Damn Bell is useless. I called in 2 days after my last conversation as they hadn’t emailed me as they said they would. They got my email address wrong (this was on Sunday I think). Today (Tuesday, install date is Thursday) they called to ask me Covid questions (I could barely understand the lady who called). I asked about my email confirmation but the email was STILL wrong. Correct that. She reads my address, and its wrong so she “corrects” it. Get the email. Address is Still wrong (the address doesnt actually exist). Call in again, on the phone for 45 mins and the guy cant change my address. Sends in a ticket that should take 24 hours, but my install date at this point is in about 40 hours. Ask if my address will be corrected before the installer comes. They said yes, but again no email confirmation.

If they weren’t the only game in town on this I would be telling them to get bent.
Update:
Drove up last night specifically for this appointment. Hadn’t heard anything at 9:20 am (appt 8-12) so I called. My address was STILL wrong but they said it was correct in the notes. Waited till 12:45pm and called in. He was here at 9:57am. Never called. I asked what address he went too, they dont know. On the call for 30 mins and they cant get through to dispatch so they are going to call me back when they finally do.

Everyone I spoke with swore up and down the tech would call before they came. For the record, that is 8 different reps said he would call before he came. 3 different people I spoke to about the address issue as well. Will update.
Jan 18, 2007
7 posts
Drove up last night specifically for this appointment. Hadn’t heard anything at 9:20 am (appt 8-12) so I called. My address was STILL wrong but they said it was correct in the notes. Waited till 12:45pm and called in. He was here at 9:57am. Never called. I asked what address he went too, they dont know. On the call for 30 mins and they cant get through to dispatch so they are going to call me back when they finally do.

Everyone I spoke with swore up and down the tech would call before they came. For the record, that is 8 different reps said he would call before he came. 3 different people I spoke to about the address issue as well. Will update.
Wow I am in the EXACT same boat as you. Wireless Home Internet was showing as available for our next door neighbour, about 30 feet away, so I thought we should be able to get the service quite easily as well. The first agent I talked to said he was going to put our address in the system and call me back within 24-48 hours. 72 hours went by and I didn't hear back so I called Bell and got an extremely unhelpful agent who basically said the first agent lied and that there was no possible chance of us getting wireless home internet. I didn't accept that so called again and tried with a different rep. I had to try 3 times before I finally got someone helpful and who understood what was happening. He said that not all agents have the ability to execute an order for an address not on the system but he could, and that since our next door neighbour had the service he was confident it would work for us as well. He also said the original agent made a mistake and while they put a ticket in to add our address to the system, the system would never add our address without an order number. He was able to put through the order and I received an order summary by email and then the service agreement about 20 minutes later. We booked the install for next Thursday so finger's crossed everything works. Good luck with your future install, keep us posted!
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris

UPDATE:
I emailed the two folks in the press release someone had posted earlier. I said I am not looking for any discounts or what have you, just to become their customer and have the installer come as promised. Kevin Cluett responded to my email inside 15 mins. He said a member of his team would be contacting me and they would be my sole point of contact going forward.

About an hour later, someone called from an external service from a US number saying they were “some company name I missed calling on behalf of Bell Canada”. While very nice, she said they are looking into when my next install date would be as opposed to being solutions based to tell me it was happening. I explained I drove up specifically for this appt and was intending on driving home tonight. I said I could wait around tomorrow but my expectation is that someone is here between 8 and 12 tomorrow to make this happen. She said she would call me back. Its now just about 6:30pm and they havent called me back since the earlier call. I dont even know the number of the US based call centre to try and call them to see what is going on.

Honestly I dont know what else I could have done to make this happen besides go and stand at my neighbours from 8-12 this morning (which I honestly considered!!) but I thought “at this point, they cant possibly screw this up”. I was wrong.
Jan 19, 2007
198 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
@jerico copy this update and email it to Kevin Cluett asking for his suggestion on what to do next as you have no way of contacting your promised contact person. I was going to suggest a few days ago to maybe wait and flag the Bell truck down but thought I maybe the only one who thought like that lol.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Tiger_paws wrote: @jerico copy this update and email it to Kevin Cluett asking for his suggestion on what to do next as you have no way of contacting your promised contact person. I was going to suggest a few days ago to maybe wait and flag the Bell truck down but thought I maybe the only one who thought like that lol.
Update:
They actually just called again at 8:25 pm. This time I listened better and it was “Mona from MSI calling on behalf of Bell Canada” She had no news and has not heard from the rescheduling team yet, so they won’t be able to install tomorrow but I should hear from someone maybe in the morning or afternoon tomorrow. Ridiculous.

I emailed Kevin Cluett to ask if this was his team member.
“ Just a quick question... is your team person from MSI? They have called a couple of times just to report they haven’t heard from the rescheduling team”
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
They actually just called again at 8:25 pm. This time I listened better and it was “Mona from MSI calling on behalf of Bell Canada” She had no news and has not heard from the rescheduling team yet, so they won’t be able to install tomorrow but I should hear from someone maybe in the morning or afternoon tomorrow. Ridiculous.

I emailed Kevin Cluett to ask if this was his team member.
“ Just a quick question... is your team person from MSI? They have called a couple of times just to report they haven’t heard from the rescheduling team”
Update:
Kevin copied another person @bell.ca who called me around 9:05pm (and was on the email I sent above). He said that MSI is his team but he would now be taking over directly. They don’t have an answer as to why the tech didn’t call, especially if they potentially went to the wrong address. He is still trying to get me an install date Friday am, possibly Friday PM, or Saturday am (which I can’t be here for, it would my parents which would suck).

Will update. I at least feel like this gent who called me tonight is on it. Left me his cell phone number to call if needed.

Edit: He also emailed me apologizing again and re-confirming his contact info.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Kevin copied another person @bell.ca who called me around 9:05pm (and was on the email I sent above). He said that MSI is his team but he would now be taking over directly. They don’t have an answer as to why the tech didn’t call, especially if they potentially went to the wrong address. He is still trying to get me an install date Friday am, possibly Friday PM, or Saturday am (which I can’t be here for, it would my parents which would suck).

Will update. I at least feel like this gent who called me tonight is on it. Left me his cell phone number to call if needed.

Edit: He also emailed me apologizing again and re-confirming his contact info.
Update:
Kevin’s guy Eli called me this am and emailed me (I missed the call) that he was still on it. Called and emailed this aft to say the install was happening Sunday morning. I am nervous as I cant be there and instead my Dad will be. He was once very tech savvy, but now really isnt. Eli was great and I feel like he really tried to solve things. Will update after Sunday.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2015
1104 posts
1183 upvotes
Does anyone have Kevin's email handy? Having issues as well and no internet at my new address for 2 weeks. Waiting on bell. First agent did not put the ticket through properly, lost 4 days before calling again, second level 2 rep put it through although I didn't get a confirmation email. This was Thursday the 21st, still waiting... Some neighbors have the service and have clear line if sight to two towers nearby. There should be no excuse not to get internet unless the towers are full or something.
Public Mobile $13 plan
Thanks to RFD
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
htauthority wrote: Does anyone have Kevin's email handy? Having issues as well and no internet at my new address for 2 weeks. Waiting on bell. First agent did not put the ticket through properly, lost 4 days before calling again, second level 2 rep put it through although I didn't get a confirmation email. This was Thursday the 21st, still waiting... Some neighbors have the service and have clear line if sight to two towers nearby. There should be no excuse not to get internet unless the towers are full or something.
As another poster said, it’s first name.lastname@bell.ca
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Kevin’s guy Eli called me this am and emailed me (I missed the call) that he was still on it. Called and emailed this aft to say the install was happening Sunday morning. I am nervous as I cant be there and instead my Dad will be. He was once very tech savvy, but now really isnt. Eli was great and I feel like he really tried to solve things. Will update after Sunday.
Update:
Man Eli is on the ball. Emailed me again today (Saturday morning) and said he will be following up with the technician scheduled to come tomorrow (Sunday) am. REALLY wish I could be there.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Man Eli is on the ball. Emailed me again today (Saturday morning) and said he will be following up with the technician scheduled to come tomorrow (Sunday) am. REALLY wish I could be there.
Final Update:
I’m SOL. The towers are East and west of us, at either end of the lake. We have granite hills either side, and the signal won’t flow over the hills in either direction, even with a tower 50 feet high (he tested from the peak plus 20 feet). Installer said it won’t just be slow, but also intermittent and constantly buffering. Now looking for hub type LTE solutions for a million zillion dollars.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5639 upvotes
Muskoka
That's too bad.

What I had thought about doing before I got this service, was to get the Rogers Infinite plan. Do you qualify for corp discount? If so the 50GB plan is 30% off. Full speed for 50GB then unlimited 512kbps after wards. Not great BUT - get a tablet add-on (or 2) for $15 and that will share the same data pool but now you have 2 sources with 512kbps. Get 2 Wifi hubs from Kijiji. Now get a load balancing router. It can take multiple internet sources and seamlessly combine them into a single pipe. So now you would now have 1MBps both up/down. I don't know if you can add another tablet line. Or you can mix/match Bell/Rogers/xplornet etc.

Edit - oops
Last edited by spots01 on Jun 4th, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
3127 posts
2182 upvotes
Bell Turbo Hub will most likely work for you...
813 upvotes
SWO
Booked an install appointment, we'll see what happens. We have one shorter tower only 1km away, but on the other side of a hill which we're quite close to. Another taller tower 9.5km away, nothing that I know of in the way.

Looking at some neighbours, they seem to be pointing in the two different directions. Is the antenna actually aimed at the tower?

I'm a bit concerned reading elsewhere about prime time slowdowns with the service.