• May 4th, 2019 8:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33323 posts
7013 upvotes
East Gwillimbury

Bell FTTH - Blocked Ports

Does anyone have a complete list of blocked ports on the Home Hub 3000 or what Bell Fibe (FTTH) blocks?

I can confirm that port 22 (SSH) port is blocked

Just wondering if port 80 is blocked
3 replies
Sep 13, 2011
980 posts
633 upvotes
Québec
If Bell block any ports on their network, that would be a violation of net neutrality. If they block port as hardware firewall, then that's another issue.
There a thread on the forum to by pass the Bell Hub, I would suggest you look it up.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33323 posts
7013 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
elgros4 wrote: If Bell block any ports on their network, that would be a violation of net neutrality. If they block port as hardware firewall, then that's another issue.
There a thread on the forum to by pass the Bell Hub, I would suggest you look it up.
I know how to by pass the Home Hub 3000, but it is not practical for me to do so at this time.

I don’t think there are any rules stating that Service Providers (ISP) need to be net neutral. As far as I know, they can do whatever they want. Most ISPs block port 25 to prevent you from having a mail server. Port 22 is blocked for SSH because Bell uses it to get into their modem

I am just surprised that port 80 may be blocked as I can’t see it externally.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2010
1349 posts
803 upvotes
Barrie ON
I have a web server set up on my Synology NAS, and I can access it from the Internet.

I have a HH2000, but I don't use it for Internet access (only used for Fibe TV). Instead I have a Ubiquiti Edgerouter connected in bridge mode. The port forwarding to the Synology web server is done in the Edgerouter.

It's not exactly the same setup you have, but it does prove that Bell does not block port 80 at the DSLAM. If you can locate the page on your HH3000 where port forwarding is set up, and it allows you to choose port 80, then it should work.

What type of DDNS system are you using in order to connect to your home from the Internet? Have you verified it works? Perhaps try pinging your HH3000 from the Internet and then unplug the cable from the HH3000 and verify the ping stops.