• May 7th, 2019 12:29 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1142 posts
370 upvotes

Bell HH3000

How did you guys find it? I got the 1.5 GBps and the modem speed test says it achieves that speed. My note 9 right beside it with wifi can only speed test 200 Mbps so right off the bat I think something is wrong. Do you guys keep the default settings...split the band's/channels manually?

And how do you find the speed test using pods? I find the network speed says high on my device but speed test is slow...websites seem pretty fast.. i.e it says 540 MBps so I expect at least half that for actual speed test??
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4109 posts
416 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
rage2021 wrote: How did you guys find it? I got the 1.5 GBps and the modem speed test says it achieves that speed. My note 9 right beside it with wifi can only speed test 200 Mbps so right off the bat I think something is wrong. Do you guys keep the default settings...split the band's/channels manually?

And how do you find the speed test using pods? I find the network speed says high on my device but speed test is slow...websites seem pretty fast.. i.e it says 540 MBps so I expect at least half that for actual speed test??
I can only get 600-700Mbps when directly connected to the HH3K via ethernet.

Wireless (right next to the modem) I only get in the 200 Mbps range.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
7016 posts
614 upvotes
Toronto
rage2021 wrote: How did you guys find it? I got the 1.5 GBps and the modem speed test says it achieves that speed. My note 9 right beside it with wifi can only speed test 200 Mbps so right off the bat I think something is wrong. Do you guys keep the default settings...split the band's/channels manually?

That 1.5gbps is a marketing gimmick. It's actually aggregated speed as the hh3300 is still connecting via plain old gigabit ethernet to the rest of your network. So you can potentially reach it with multiple devices but you'll never see it on a single device. Doing it via WLS is impossible.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2993 posts
2919 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I max out my devices capability on the gigabit plan, so not sure its worth the extra .5 unless i have many devices.. Only reason its tempting (for me at least) is because you get those free wifi pods which i know my parents would love.