Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Home Phone - be sure you are not on the 'legacy' plans..NO MORE TOUCHTONE charge

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2016 9:35 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
DNAv5 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2013 2:35 pm
My term was finish...
Now I am pay $31.95, no feature.

Called Loyalty, they said they can give me $5 off per month, nothing else.
But it is not a contract, and I should call back in a few month because they have new "Loyalty Promo" from time to time.... she told me the last one just expired.

$26.95 per month is still too much. Can anyone suggest a VOIP service that works with Fax machines?
Easyvoice.ca
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3204 posts
628 upvotes
Bear in mind that the overall reliability of VoIP is nowhere near what traditional legacy telephone service provides.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3204 posts
628 upvotes
Bear in mind that the overall reliability of VoIP is nowhere near what traditional legacy telephone service provides.

For $21.48 you can get real Bell service via Teksavvy.
Aug 30, 2007
291 posts
104 upvotes
Nettles wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2013 11:34 am
I can't get Voip because I would then have to get either cable internet for which the prices are going up anyways with the latest CRTC ruling + buy the equipment or I'd have to pay $10/month with dry-loop and DSL. Otherwise I'd gladly swithc to Ooma if I had that choice.
I'm on 6mbps down / 500k up and my voip works fine.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
fredsmith wrote:
Mar 11th, 2013 7:56 pm

Bear in mind that thousands of businesses trust their business to VOIP. And everyone has a cell phone.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16575 posts
8938 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
fredsmith wrote:
Mar 11th, 2013 7:56 pm
Good luck with that. Bhell has stopped Teksavvy from offering this in major urban areas in (at least) Ontario for the past year or so.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1296 posts
339 upvotes
Halton
should have commented earlier.. thanks OP, got this on my and my grandfathers phone but forgot to do the Online billing option until I saw my bill

basic phone with no extra features FTW
Nov 24, 2005
813 posts
135 upvotes
I just called and no luck. The rep said the promo expired at the beginning of the month :-(
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4127 posts
711 upvotes
Winegums wrote:
Mar 16th, 2013 4:07 pm
I just called and no luck. The rep said the promo expired at the beginning of the month
You have to negotiate with the CSR. You can bring up some of these points:
- You rarely use the land line
- You're only keeping the land line because you can, but you don't really know why
- You don't need any extra features line caller ID (actually, going featureless is the only way to get the $13.95 rate)
- You've been a Bell customer for xx years and are hoping that the company can help you out

Most importantly, stay positive, stay helpful and don't show any negative attitude towards the CSR or Bell. Make the negotiation as pleasant as possible for both of you. My new contract took only 2-3 minutes to complete.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
4728 posts
2841 upvotes
Mulder and Scully wrote:
Mar 20th, 2013 1:03 pm
You have to negotiate with the CSR. You can bring up some of these points:
- You rarely use the land line
- You're only keeping the land line because you can, but you don't really know why
- You don't need any extra features line caller ID (actually, going featureless is the only way to get the $13.95 rate)
- You've been a Bell customer for xx years and are hoping that the company can help you out

Most importantly, stay positive, stay helpful and don't show any negative attitude towards the CSR or Bell. Make the negotiation as pleasant as possible for both of you. My new contract took only 2-3 minutes to complete.
Plus, I found that when I negotiated for this last year, for my aunt, the first level phone rep was too 'green' to be able to offer this deal, saying it was expired already...but when I gave all the points above, and stayed pleasant the whole time, she eventually spoke to the rep next to her (either with more seniority, or a manager-type) and she asked if I wouldn't mind staying on hold until that neighbouring rep was free. And then the 1st rep stayed on the phone with me, but dictated all my aunt's info to her neighbour-rep, who finally gave us the offer and deal (last year's $14.95 deal).

Good luck.
May 5, 2006
636 posts
89 upvotes
Sigh. Offered only $5 off. I guess this is the push I need to get off my ***** and get a cell phone plan (already own a phone) and cable internet. They told me that the promo was over last month too.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4127 posts
711 upvotes
randomthoughts wrote:
Mar 20th, 2013 7:46 pm
They told me that the promo was over last month too.
If you look back at the older posts within this thread, people were consistently told that the Home Phone Lite promo deal would end in January 2013. So the Bell CSRs aren't lying. The $13.95 deal is still available though maybe they call it something else now or just don't openly offer it.
Feb 26, 2013
64 posts
4 upvotes
just received call from bell loyalty offering 13.95 or 23.95 (2 features) with additional $4 bundle discount and 38.95 with fibe 15/10 with 85gb internet for next 12 months. They called me because they had port request from rogers on 20th this month and my bell internet cancels tomorrow (19th). rogers offered 9.99 home phone for 24 months and $45.00 200gb/35mb speed for eight years fix price. I took 14.99 with two calling features with $45 internet. 59.99 fix bill. ooo ye also paying 49.99+14.95 for both service activations. But rogers crediting $35 so its $29.95 for activation. Both promotions anyone can get from calling there special sale team 1888-590-7384. Promo internet is W45 and home phone is SRU. I totally put down the bell loyalty agent, even told her to call rogers and get W45 and SRU for herself. lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
dada786 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2013 5:20 pm
snip... rogers offered 9.99 home phone for 24 months and $45.00 200gb/35mb speed for eight years fix price. ...snip
Does anyone but me get suspicious when Rogers offers a locked price for 8 years?
And is that a contract period as they described it?
Or can you walk away anytime?

The last time I looked, Rogers charged $30 per month per service to cancel a contract. So, they can bank on $30 a month at least from you. If they see Internet prices dropping in years ahead, then perhaps they are trying to lock you in for eight years knowing the prices will drop?

Maybe I misunderstand whether the 8 years is just a committed price and not a contract.

The home phone at 9.99 is good, but gets bad if you need to cancel, then you pay $30 per month. Is that your understanding as well?