• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2019 11:22 am
21 replies
[OP]
Mar 31, 2008
320 posts
81 upvotes
Oakville
$12 a month for 4 pods and the upgraded modem isn't too bad. Soon as it's obsolete just get the newer one. No worries things breaking either...
Jan 4, 2018
13 posts
7 upvotes
I just installed the pods yesterday. Fairly painless process and using the Bell Wi-Fi app is also fairly painless. Couple glitches at the beginning but it does say it takes up to 36 hours to optimize. I had the HH3000 in the basement at the front of the house. Coverage at the back where we spend most of our time sucked. So I added a wireless router as an AP. The router was old and not particularly good so I had to change something. I went with the pods because I liked the idea of 1network. I read some Plume reviews and for their price weren’t great. But $5 / mth is a lot different than Plumes price and I got a discount from Bell for something else so I’m ahead. Anyway they work well, the coverage seems respectable and my house is over 2,900 sq ft and the 4 pack seems good. I don’t need 100% coverage so 1 more might be needed if I want that but not necessary currently. Your device connects to the strongest signal, so the closest pod. I don’t know, it was a good call for me and I’m happy with them.
[OP]
Mar 31, 2008
320 posts
81 upvotes
Oakville
shermm wrote: I just installed the pods yesterday. Fairly painless process and using the Bell Wi-Fi app is also fairly painless. Couple glitches at the beginning but it does say it takes up to 36 hours to optimize. I had the HH3000 in the basement at the front of the house. Coverage at the back where we spend most of our time sucked. So I added a wireless router as an AP. The router was old and not particularly good so I had to change something. I went with the pods because I liked the idea of 1network. I read some Plume reviews and for their price weren’t great. But $5 / mth is a lot different than Plumes price and I got a discount from Bell for something else so I’m ahead. Anyway they work well, the coverage seems respectable and my house is over 2,900 sq ft and the 4 pack seems good. I don’t need 100% coverage so 1 more might be needed if I want that but not necessary currently. Your device connects to the strongest signal, so the closest pod. I don’t know, it was a good call for me and I’m happy with them.
Thanks for the feedback!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3474 posts
1792 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Marcust99 wrote: $12 a month for 4 pods and the upgraded modem isn't too bad. Soon as it's obsolete just get the newer one. No worries things breaking either...
But you'll be paying $12 per month forever? That's $244 a year, unless you get a discount from them, I'd say it's too much. My house is 3090sqft and my bell HH3000 modem is in the 2nd floor in the north west corner of the house (connected to TV/game console/camera/etc) and I can get great signals throughout the house, easily. I use internet for watching IPTV, gaming, and movies. In the odd occasions, I would download an image for my work to test it out as well (image sizes are usually 36GB, download on wifi). So why bother with pods for extra $12 per month? Then again I don't know your situation, but any repeater or AP will be able to rebroadcast your existing SSID name so you can be on the same network. Just saying..
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3603 posts
948 upvotes
Seems like a waste of money to me, just get your item mesh system.
Jan 4, 2018
13 posts
7 upvotes
The pods themselves are only $5/mth for a 4 pack. If you already have a HH3000 it's not a big investment if the extra coverage is desired. This mesh system distributed throughout the home will be better than an AP in one room, IMHO.
Mar 21, 2018
108 posts
28 upvotes
I was wondering about this too. Honestly it the only reason I consider staying with bell. My family does not want to change. but given the real price of the plumes its looks to be a good deal. I want to use this to get wifi in basement; wired connection not possible down there, and drilling is needed to get it to middle of home.
If only bell internet was not so expensive. Fibe 25, for $89.95. With the price increase coming it down right murderous.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
3150 posts
436 upvotes
Got my pods a few days ago, I’m generally happy with them. It was definitely an easy way to extend my internet.
Commemorative loonie rolls, quarter rolls, 50 cent rolls all different kinds of rolls contact for details. Venetian glass bee $250 plus shipping. 20for20 canoe $30 shipped 20for20 polar bear $30 shipped. Lots of 5 packs loons, toons and quaters
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
13276 posts
7997 upvotes
Markham
I have Bell FIBE and already have a HomeHub but I never heard of these. Going to put them on my "try to negotiate and get them for free" list when my current Bell discount expires.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
1115 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone tried to use them with a wired backhaul?
Jul 18, 2012
388 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
just got these offered to me for free by bell - any reviews on how they perform?
Feb 24, 2014
3 posts
London
I’m curious to know how powerful they are. I live in an apartment but I have an office 2 floors down in the basement off the laundry room. There’s a lot of concrete (including the stairwell) separating my unit from my office. I just ordered these to try them for a month to see if they can extend my wifi from the modem in my apartment to the office downstairs.
It’s about the same distance if i were in a large house (from attic to basement), but my concern is the amount of concrete.
Nov 28, 2018
1 posts
Presently testing the system with 4 pods and a 2000 Hub. The general speed when connected to the pods is much slower than when connected to the main hub (a 40% drop). I tried a wired backhaul for the pod buried in the basement and it works. The problem is that all the other pods reconfigure themselves first to that new "alpha pod" as if it was the hub and then in a weird layout that doesn't look very efficient. To be continued...
Feb 26, 2008
9 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
The pods are only available by subscription in Ontario and Quebec ($5/mo for 4 pods). Does anyone know if you're able to buy these (outright) outside of Bell, are you able to use them with your Home Hub 3000 in another province?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15193 posts
4943 upvotes
Here 'n There
I had issues with WiFi range at the far reaches of my massive home. Got google WiFi and problem solved.
May 28, 2012
436 posts
383 upvotes
ONT
I’m had problems with a Fibe PVR having intermittent freezing, now with a replacement PVR, but still only red light “signal quality” never green bars.
I’ve posted earlier asking for help ( recordings-bell-fibe-pvr-vip5662w-2238620/ ) It’s a small house with HH3000 on second floor, PVR on main floor.
If I installed these 4 pods do you think my TV problem would be solved? If I installed them and got no improvement could they be returned to Bell?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1773 posts
91 upvotes
Faeton wrote: Has anyone tried to use them with a wired backhaul?
To follow up for anyone interested since I relied on the feedback here myself:

I have a HH3000 in my garage, which is directly underneath my family room. Wifi was spotty two floors above it and the devices (approx 15 in total) kept jumping from pod to pod. The connections would go from Excellent to Poor quite regularly.

I ended up fishing an ethernet cable to my family room and set up a pod with ethernet backhaul through a switch. My network has been much more stable and all the devices have better connections. I think the backhaul helped stabilize the traffic significantly.

I was using speedtest on my iPhone 7 and my download speeds went from 25 Mbps to ~140 Mbps (I have 300 Mbps down).