• Oct 22nd, 2020 10:46 am
[OP]
Aug 27, 2013
68 posts
69 upvotes
BC

[Bell] HOT!! $45 for 25gb & CAN wide call/text plan for previous Bell Customers

$45 - 25gb & Canada wide talk and text.

Bell is trying to win back old customers. If you're an ex-customer check your email/ spam for the offer.
When calling in to switch over to this plan they ask for your cellphone number to see if it was once with Bell. If it wasn't, don't bother calling and holding up the cue.

Not an ex Bell customer? Maybe worth trying to call your current mobile provider's loyalty/ retention department and see if they can match this awesome promotion!

Best of luck.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200828-080539_Gmail.jpg
  • Screenshot_20200828-081210_Gmail.jpg
Thread Summary
Targeted offer. seems like only for previous bell customers who moved to freedom.
336 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1304 posts
3967 upvotes
Bell is notorious for raising prices after a year - which is why i left them in the first place. This is tempting but my gut is warning me not to do it.
Aug 27, 2007
226 posts
84 upvotes
How long ago were you a customer OP? I've got nothing in my email or spam but was last a customer in 2017
Sep 10, 2012
645 posts
410 upvotes
Saskatoon
phoreoneone wrote: Bell is notorious for raising prices after a year - which is why i left them in the first place. This is tempting but my gut is warning me not to do it.
Can they raise prices after a year even if the contract is for two years?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1344 posts
654 upvotes
Scarborough
phoreoneone wrote: Bell is notorious for raising prices after a year - which is why i left them in the first place. This is tempting but my gut is warning me not to do it.

This, just like all the previous deals including there competitors, it didn’t take long before prices on these deals were up. Even so this deal is tempting if you were a Bell Customer.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1645 posts
567 upvotes
Calgary
i got $55 for 20gb. Not a bad deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
1119 posts
291 upvotes
Epic deal, but its BHELL. Good luck ! Had to involve the CRTC the last time I was with them. Plan was like 50 at one point, after 2 years it was more like $75. They’re notorious for their bait and switch fraud tactics.
Nov 6, 2006
249 posts
156 upvotes
Coquitlam
wow I just got off the phone for $55 for 20gb thinking that was pretty good, but this is HOT
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
5468 posts
5105 upvotes
Downtown Canada
On hold now, had two lines with bell before moving to Telus.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14155 posts
26578 upvotes
Scarborough
d3van wrote: wow I just got off the phone for $55 for 20gb thinking that was pretty good, but this is HOT
I'd definitely take this offer if I received it. A lot of people complain about Bell but I've been with them for my residential services for 5 years and have never had any problems (service or billing).
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4369 posts
1634 upvotes
GTA
IMO, there's no reason to worry about price increases. If anything, it's expected so you should treat it that way.

The point is to get the best deal at the time. Once the price goes up, deal with it by switching to whatever is the best plan at the time.

Even if this goes up $10 after a year, it's still a good deal.

I don't want to hear about what prices are like in other countries though.. we've heard it all a million times. This is as good as it gets in Canada so take what youre willing to pay for
Aug 17, 2017
219 posts
206 upvotes
Was with Bell, but that was like in 2013/2014. They probably wouldnt remember me even though Ive kept my number the same
Apr 22, 2008
28 posts
5 upvotes
I'm tempted as a former Bell customer, but currently on Koodo $40 plan with 8GB data... which I never come close to exceeding. My only issue with Koodo is service in my area which isn't fantastic but good enough for my needs. I know Bell service would be more reliable... but is it worth the extra $5/month and higher likelihood of price increases compared to Koodo?
Jan 22, 2014
160 posts
118 upvotes
Guelph
i am with telus unlimited. the signal is so weak indoor and makes the unlimiated data useless. In my condo on cellular I only got 5mbps down, while two meters away on my balcony it is 180mbps. Cant believe it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
5468 posts
5105 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Spoke to Bell, they took down my number, they couldn't find me in their system, which is BS cause I posted 2 numbers from them, I have a feeling that This is a targeted offer.