[Bell] HOT!! $45 for 25gb & CAN wide call/text plan for previous Bell Customers

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 10:46 am
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3276 posts
1957 upvotes
Kitchener
This should be what the standard offer in Canada looks like: $45/month for at least 20GB data and unlimited at 1/2Mbps speeds once over your high speed allotment. But who am I kidding. It will never happen.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6349 posts
5739 upvotes
Calgary
I mentioned this promo to my Telus EPP chat and they can only offer the standard crappy EPP offers available now to my employer. There are better marketplace offers out there now than my EPP.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1056 posts
907 upvotes
Markham, ON
skrateboard wrote: However, when I was on Telus back on HSPA/HSPA+, I couldn't get cell service in my basement in the middle of a suburb to save my life, even though the upstairs was totally fine. I'd be getting missed calls and texts every 30-45 minutes because the connection was so intermittent.

Friends had the same phone on Rogers, totally fine and full bars with connectivity. I switched to Freedom to save some coin since I never leave the city, full bars. Hell, I'm still on Freedom, living on the 17th floor of a mostly concrete building, still full bars and no drops in connectivity.

There's also something also to be said about tower placement and general signal strength in your area and how well it permeates your living space.
This goes without saying.
Not every single Rogers tower is at the same location as the BELUS tower or Freedom tower. So there will be locations where the Freedom and Rogers will be superior to BELUS (due to the proximity of the respective towers).
But overall throughout Canada, you will notice BELUS have a better service than Rogers, and definitely Freedom.

I imagine since Rogers still maintain their 2G network + they invest in the network on their own, while TELUS/Bell don't have the costs associated with a 2G network and costs are shared, their network is much better overall.
FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1056 posts
907 upvotes
Markham, ON
donbamo wrote: Yes and No. Third tier providers like Lucky and Public don't have access to VoWiFi, VoLTE, 5G and some other features.
You're right about volte/vowifi and 5g.
FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
May 27, 2012
181 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Both me and wife has been with Koodo every since public mobile merger

Koodo has NOT raised any prices historically speaking
Of course we have kept our old plans and never accept any phone upgrade offers
$35 for 8plus 2 gb
$65 minus 5 ... $60 for 20 gb + 2gb
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1647 posts
576 upvotes
Calgary
SammyDavis wrote: I mentioned this promo to my Telus EPP chat and they can only offer the standard crappy EPP offers available now to my employer. There are better marketplace offers out there now than my EPP.
Same. They offered 20gb unlimited for $60 to me but wanted me to buy out my phone. I told them if thats the case i might as well buy out and go to bell.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1165 posts
653 upvotes
NOYB
Based on my previous dealings with Bell, this price is def going to increase after a year or two.

By how much IDK.
Zoomer + VoIP.ms user

Stay away from OT/PRC and whoever acts like an xxxxxxx there.
Jan 22, 2014
163 posts
118 upvotes
Guelph
at87on wrote: What's difficult to believe?
Inside your condo you're probably picking 700 or 850Mhz signal.
While outisde you're probably picking up 2100 or 2600Mhz signal.
Cell signals (especially high band) still have difficulty penetrating through walls, especially concrete walls of buildings.

It's science.
Never had such issue when I am with zoomer. I guess my home is just closer to Rogers towers. My girlfriends freedom always got full speed in and out of our condo. We are at 10th floor and close to the street.
Mar 3, 2020
93 posts
86 upvotes
Terabithia wrote: Based on my previous dealings with Bell, this price is def going to increase after a year or two.

By how much IDK.
Then just leave again when they shoot the prices up, then they'll come crawling back for 40 dollars in activation fees and a cheap 2-3 years late. The cycle continues.
Aug 8, 2003
943 posts
114 upvotes
Ontario
Great deal , but Bell doesn’t operate in good faith
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6349 posts
5739 upvotes
Calgary
TheZodiac wrote: Great deal , but Bell doesn’t operate in good faith
Their love is like bad medicine.
Apr 28, 2007
115 posts
330 upvotes
Just spoke to a rep in Canada, with knowledge about the plan. She said the offer is only available to those who received the email.
Aug 20, 2020
18 posts
9 upvotes
Also called and this offer is only available if you received the email, they find you with the offer code that is included in the email not from your previous mobile phone number. I got one for my Virgin Mobile line I cancelled but not for the Bell one.
Aug 8, 2007
442 posts
278 upvotes
So if someone had a code from a friend that doesn’t want to use it do you think they could pass the code and offer to someone else? Like Freedom F&F codes? Other than Freedom I have never heard of having to have a code before. If so I need to make some more friends!
Sep 5, 2005
870 posts
1535 upvotes
Victoria
SammyDavis wrote: I mentioned this promo to my Telus EPP chat and they can only offer the standard crappy EPP offers available now to my employer. There are better marketplace offers out there now than my EPP.
Telus EPP heavily subsidizes some phones though. So if you wanted a new high end phone, then Telus EPP is still the way to go vs marketplace offers.
Last edited by tofinoguy on Aug 28th, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.