Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

HOT TV/INTERNET/HOME-PHONE DEAL - for new activations YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 8:50 pm
Tags:
Aug 20, 2005
77 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto

[Bell] HOT TV/INTERNET/HOME-PHONE DEAL - for new activations YMMV

I called Bell's Sales phone number that I googled, and the first thing the rep offered me was:
- Gigabit Fibe 1.5 Internet with unlimited usage
- Better TV package with one PVR rental
- Homephone lite

All of this for 89.90 for TWO YEARS + 59.95 one time installation fee

Keep in mind, the rep said this was only available to certain addresses and to new activations - so you have to provide your address and they check.
Last edited by LTSmash on Nov 8th, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Mar 28, 2006
38 posts
13 upvotes
Kanata
I got the same deal a couple of years ago. After a few months, the TV channel changed. Some of my channels need to pay extra. And after one year, the price went up a little bit, after talking to them and I was told the discount the gave to me will keep unchanged for two years, but the base price will change. Smiling Face With Open Mouth Good luck.
Oct 26, 2016
376 posts
443 upvotes
Nothing new... these packages have been offered before around the 90-100 a month price range with 1gb instead of the new 1.5gb. Price is not bad but it's savings guaranteed for 2 years and also comes with a guarantee of the base price going up!
Aug 20, 2005
77 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
I've been a customer with Bell at another address for many years, and that's true base price does go up from time to time to "improve services", but its usually marginal ($2-3). I'm still a customer at that address after all these years because I have had better experience with their retention line than with Rogers. I personally thought this was a really hot deal as it is comparable to the Rogers VIP deal offered in 2016 - Rogers retention wasn't able to offer me anything worth renewing with them, so I cancelled. This is the best thing I've come across since - will be looking forward to some Raptors in 4K.
Aug 20, 2005
77 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
So I tried getting this for a current subscriber too and it didn't work. I asked if I could cancel and resubscribe as a "new customer" - they said it can work, but Bell has been cracking down on this. Anyways, the rep just made satisfactory improvements to current internet/tv.
Jan 20, 2005
923 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure why the down votes - this is a good deal! Thanks OP
Feb 13, 2015
13 posts
2 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
FIbe 1.5G internet with modem and 4 WiFi pods along with GOOD FIbe TV, one wireless box and one 4K PVR, plus installation and activation for $110.90 plus tax.
Feb 6, 2018
5 posts
LTSmash wrote: So I tried getting this for a current subscriber too and it didn't work. I asked if I could cancel and resubscribe as a "new customer" - they said it can work, but Bell has been cracking down on this. Anyways, the rep just made satisfactory improvements to current internet/tv.
Ya my rep didn't do much. I may try again tomorrow and see if I can get a different rep. It's only a 75$ cancelation fee maybe I should cancel and re sign up.
Aug 20, 2005
77 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
laojianke wrote: I got the same deal a couple of years ago. After a few months, the TV channel changed. Some of my channels need to pay extra. And after one year, the price went up a little bit, after talking to them and I was told the discount the gave to me will keep unchanged for two years, but the base price will change. Smiling Face With Open Mouth Good luck.
Actually, Gigabit Fibe 1.5 was only launched this past August. It's about as fast as you can get with internet
Jan 20, 2005
923 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
As the OP stated, this deal will depend on your address (and whether you are a new client). I am a new client, but was offered another deal:

1.0 Gigabit Fibe Internet (note: not 1.5)
Better TV w/ 4K Whole Home PVR
2 HD Boxes (for additional TV's)
No installation fee (waived)
Home Phone (Lite)
$105.99 + tax per month, guaranteed for two years (no increases would apply)

I am considering it, but may wait until Black Friday deals come live in a couple of weeks. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
I am not sure what the real purpose of having so much raw speed really is.

I can see how someone who downloads torrents (probably not very legitimately) or needs to download/upload media as a living, but for the rest of the 99.99% of the population, including gamers (nobody cares about speed, only latency).. what can you possibly need this much speed for?
Mar 14, 2013
810 posts
949 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone succeeded in getting this deal?