• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2018 5:02 pm
[OP]
Dec 9, 2007
297 posts
56 upvotes
Montreal

Bell hub 3000 with vmedia

I m currently using a hub 2000 with vmedia.
I m trying to use a hub 3000 (apparently better performance), the modem get connected succeffuly for 5 second then gives me a error message (enable to connect). Any idea please?
10 replies
Feb 10, 2015
326 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Anyone uses this modem/router (hub 3000) with bell in 2 storey house?
Does it work well?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33514 posts
7143 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Stribor40 wrote: Anyone uses this modem/router (hub 3000) with bell in 2 storey house?
Does it work well?
Is your question concerning the WiFi?

I have mine in the basement and I can get a signal on the second floor if I am directly above the Home Hub. There are a few weak spots, but no dead spots. In any case, I opted to use a separate access point and now I have no weak signals.
Feb 10, 2015
326 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Above home hub as above bell modem??
Yes it is concering wifi. Right now i have cogeco modem and i use my own routers( have 2 ) to have full signal everywhere in my house.
Bell is offering me a deal to switch services and they told me i must use their modem/router hub 300@
I dont want to get stuck with it and have weak coverage in the house. I guess i am just trying to see what other users experiences with hub 3000/ and bell services
[OP]
Dec 9, 2007
297 posts
56 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks for hijacking the post guys!!!
Banned
Jan 9, 2018
151 posts
54 upvotes
My own experience, I have hub 3000 from Bell, and honestly I've had no issues what so ever. My house is 3090 sqft and I've got 3 floors (basement/living 2nd/rooms top), and practically no dead spots. The range is so good I can even use it on the front porch, in my car on the driveway, or on the patio in the backyard. I used to have Rogers a while back and I've had nothing but disconnections and poor signals. The only tech I've got from Rogers was power cycle the modem and try again.

IMHO, I would definitely go with the Bell. At the moment I have 50Mbps DL/10 Mbps UP and everytime I do a speedtest I'm getting 45 - 50 Mbps speed. I'm also running 2 IPTV boxes and no lag or slow downs. Get Bell internet, their service and customer support is pretty awesome as well.

Note: I am not affiliated nor do I work for Bell, any reason or opinion is solely through my own experience using their service for 3yrs.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15061 posts
2645 upvotes
tbtaoufiq wrote: I m currently using a hub 2000 with vmedia.
I m trying to use a hub 3000 (apparently better performance), the modem get connected succeffuly for 5 second then gives me a error message (enable to connect). Any idea please?
How can you use Bell equipment on a VMedia service?

https://www.vmedia.ca/en/internet/modems