Expired Hot Deals

Bell

Internet Student Promotion

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2021 7:33 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 28, 2005
748 posts
807 upvotes
Toronto

[Bell] Internet Student Promotion

Special offers for post-secondary students. No long-term contract or activation fees. FYI, following your order, you’ll receive an email asking you to confirm that you’re a college or university student to benefit from this offer.

For Ontario, so change the region on the top right of their website to see what's available where you are at.

Image

1) Downvote this post if this promotion does not meet your needs and your budget cannot afford it.
2) Contact your current provider to resolve your specific concerns. The CRTC does not intervene in the retail rates that are charged to customers. The CRTC is also not directly involved in their billing and marketing practices, quality of service issues, and customer relations.
3) Comparison shop on RFD:
[Virgin Plus] Credit of up to $25/mo. for 12 months on Unlimited Internet. Ontario only
[Fido] Save $25-$35/mo for 12 months on 75u or 150u Unlimited Internet. New customers in Ontario only.
[Bell] Enjoy a credit of $25/mo. for 2 years on pure fibre Internet technology [YMMV]
Last edited by Quid Pro Quo on Aug 8th, 2021 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
54 replies
Newbie
Oct 11, 2018
17 posts
29 upvotes
Not sure if this is really a great deal for those with other options like Virgin, TekSavvy or Start, etc...
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 28, 2005
748 posts
807 upvotes
Toronto
Last edited by Quid Pro Quo on Aug 7th, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2037 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
Rip off .. I’m paying 500mb fiber for 79/month.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 22, 2017
103 posts
249 upvotes
That's horrible pricing, I pay $55 + tax for gigabit fibe
Last edited by RajjKhan on Aug 7th, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Newbie
Jun 16, 2017
33 posts
40 upvotes
I remember the student deal used to be like $45-50 for fibe 150 a few years ago. Crazy that they're charging $35 more for the same service now. Guess they have to take advantage of kids learning from home.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
RajjKhan wrote: That's horrible pricing, I pay $55 + tax for gigabit fibe
this is most likely a retention price, not in market price so no point in calling out horrible price on gigabit pricing as if everyone can easily get it.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 22, 2017
103 posts
249 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: this is most likely a retention price, not in market price so no point in calling out horrible price on gigabit pricing as if everyone can easily get it.
Even before, just like what Raps14 said, the student pricing was way better a year or 2 ago. The discount on it is just bad. Can probably get a better deal just calling their customer care line.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 5, 2001
8913 posts
10037 upvotes
Toronto
RajjKhan wrote: Even before, just like what Raps14 said, the student pricing was way better a year or 2 ago. The discount on it is just bad. Can probably get a better deal just calling their customer care line.
So can you call the Customer Care line, get a better deal and then post on RFD?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
RajjKhan wrote: Even before, just like what Raps14 said, the student pricing was way better a year or 2 ago. The discount on it is just bad. Can probably get a better deal just calling their customer care line.
I didn't reply to raps14, I'm replying to you regarding gigabit pricing, you're posting it up as if everyone can get that price. I pay less for gigabit pricing as well but I'm not going to post it on this thread as if it's available for everyone.
Last edited by Guest2274885 on Aug 7th, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
3604 posts
3857 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Even in QC, this is crappy pricing. Not even warm.

Fizz is $50/month for 120M service. And no contract needed.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 22, 2017
103 posts
249 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: I didn't reply to raps14, I'm replying to you regarding gigabit pricing, you're posting it up as if everyone can get that price. I pay less for gigabit pricing as well but I'm not going to post it on this thread as if it's available for everyone.
Why are you crying about something like that, i literally just said its a bad deal and i have a price of whatever i said. I showed the price for anyone that may want to try getting it.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
10268 posts
19022 upvotes
Montreal
Emporium wrote: Even in QC, this is crappy pricing. Not even warm.

Fizz is $50/month for 120M service. And no contract needed.
Yep, in Québec, Fizz offers 120/20 Mbps at an ongoing price of $60 per month (not a 24 month promotion) with a $25 $75 referral bonus.
No contract, Unlimited, Free installation, Wi-Fi modem included.
And it's for anyone; you don't have to prove you are a student.

They will screw-up your bills. It will take months to adjust.
They plainly say it out right now: "Prices may increase during subscription."
Trust me, prices WILL go up, often and by a lot! Been there, done that.
Friends don't let friends sign-up with Bhell.

In Québec, Bell offer 50/7 Mbps for $60 per month. Yes, you read right, the upload speed is only 7 Mbps!!!

Edit: The referral bonus is now $75 until September 15th.
Images
  • Screenshot (1610).png
Last edited by Temporel on Sep 5th, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
RajjKhan wrote: Why are you crying about something like that, i literally just said its a bad deal and i have a price of whatever i said. I showed the price for anyone that may want to try getting it.
because you're giving people the impression anyone can get a gigabit at bell for $55 right now, which is incorrect. If you're going to come on a rfd thread and put down someone for posting a deal, show a better deal thats in market right now that people can actually get and don't act up when getting called on it. It doesn't matter what price you got through negotiating, retention, a year ago, 6 months ago... these are the prices right now and unless you have a better deal you know of that people can get, it just wastes ppl time because now everyone is going to look at your post and wonder how do I get a gigabit for $55.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1056 posts
1276 upvotes
NB
Nexzen wrote: because you're giving people the impression anyone can get a gigabit at bell for $55 right now, which is incorrect. If you're going to come on a rfd thread and put down someone for posting a deal, show a better deal thats in market right now that people can actually get and don't act up when getting called on it. It doesn't matter what price you got through negotiating, retention, a year ago, 6 months ago... these are the prices right now and unless you have a better deal you know of that people can get, it just wastes ppl time because now everyone is going to look at your post and wonder how do I get a gigabit for $55.
It is in fact possible, via a simple phone call and a bit of haggling. I recently signed up as a new customer, paying $39 for Fibe 300. 1Gbit was also offered for $55. No activation fees.
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
carbide wrote: It is in fact possible, via a simple phone call and a bit of haggling. I recently signed up as a new customer, paying $39 for Fibe 300. 1Gbit was also offered for $55. No activation fees.
Cool, make a thread on it under hot deals since it's so easy to get, everyone should know about it, love it.
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
399 posts
510 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: this is most likely a retention price, not in market price so no point in calling out horrible price on gigabit pricing as if everyone can easily get it.
I was offered 1 gig for 60 last year, but because in our area we don’t have fiber to home (only to nod) so he offered me 100 for 60 as well. Anything over 100 mb will be similar price, anything less than that you might be able to save a buck or two.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
carbide wrote: It is in fact possible, via a simple phone call and a bit of haggling. I recently signed up as a new customer, paying $39 for Fibe 300. 1Gbit was also offered for $55. No activation fees.
everyone call bell for a gigabit for $55, dm @carbide for help if needed, he said it's simple and easy.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1886 upvotes
Scarborough
I was at a condo yesterday and it was offering 500/500 for $39.99
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
399 posts
510 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: everyone call bell for a gigabit for $55, dm @carbide for help if needed, he said it's simple and easy.
You do realize that prices will vary depending on your location. Even if you say you are willing to pay 100 for 1gb fibe, but your area only has fiber to node then there’s no way you are getting that speed. Your max will only be 100, maybe 150 but that’s the limit. It’s not hard to get a good deal, but it’s hard to get fiber to home…

P.S. folks in northern parts of Canada would be like to get 10 mm for $100…. CRTC does nothing to promote completion or improve infrastructure within Canada. If only CRTC opened doors to other companies, with one condition: improve infrastructure across Canada, then Robellus would stop having Friday-night orgies and everyone will be happy…
Last edited by Internetsurfer on Aug 7th, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top