Expired Hot Deals

Bell

Internet Student Promotion

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2021 7:33 pm
Mar 20, 2019
143 posts
137 upvotes
I don't see how this is even a deal. Plus bell's bill is never the same. Every couple of months price increases. There are so many better options for kids, clearly not the prices mentioned here.
Dec 19, 2014
19 posts
8 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
As many said, this really isn't a deal, i'm also looking for one right now, any suggestions? I'm moving to Markham soon, and I can't carry my current plan 30$+tax 150D 15U from Cannet over to the new home. What is the best deal I can get now? $60 for 150D 15U from FIDO? that's double what i'm paying right now. When did internet get so expensive? is it because of covid?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2246 posts
2613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
9394 wrote: So can you call the Customer Care line, get a better deal and then post on RFD?
Yeah, it's called the Ongoing Deals forum. Theres entire purpose threads where users report results after calling the customer care line/retention threads. $45/gigabit Rogers through them. No need to be purposely obtuse, the user you replied to was helping people achieve a better deal.

1) Bell: bell-retention-gigabit-fibe-59-95-month-2355927/

2) Rogers: rogers-rogers-cable-retentions-new-cust ... ad-785331/

Enjoy
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8524 posts
8764 upvotes
Toronto
blackston3 wrote: Yeah, it's called the Ongoing Deals forum. Theres entire purpose threads where users report results after calling the customer care line/retention threads. $45/gigabit Rogers through them. No need to be purposely obtuse, the user you replied to was helping people achieve a better deal.

1) Bell: bell-retention-gigabit-fibe-59-95-month-2355927/

2) Rogers: rogers-rogers-cable-retentions-new-cust ... ad-785331/

Enjoy
Thanks, but he said "You can probably get a better deal by calling Customer Care". Not really helpful as he didn't point out any specific deals.

Have you read through the Bell thread? Pretty much useless as it's just users requesting to be PM'd for deals.

People should know deals are typically tied to competition within your area.
May 4, 2017
182 posts
202 upvotes
Montreal
First of all, at least for Quebec, student prices are the same as regular pricing for 500 and Gigabit.
Secondly, I literally just signed up with Bell, 500/500 for $69.95 with some perks after a long conversation with the agent. People offering "deals" in retention threads can at best match what's offered online by agents for Quebec, so no luck there.
I used to be with Videotron and pay $57 for 400M/50M up until a couple of months ago, but then they removed all the discounts and started charging me $83. Called them and complained, but they wouldn't give me the same discounts. They have a new platform called Helix and they're trying to get everyone to switch; but you lose your multi-subscription discount and you're basically financing your router (so basically a 2-year contract).
I live downtown Montreal, and if I want anything beyond 120M, I either have to go Videotron or Bell (which recently installed fibre in our building). I've heard some not-so-great things about Bell, but honestly, everything's been pretty good so far and even at their advertised prices, they're cheaper than the competition (again, for Quebec)
Laptop: Gigabyte A5 X1 R9-5900HX/RTX3070/64GB
Desktop: i9-12900K/RTX3080/64GB
Mar 9, 2019
301 posts
653 upvotes
St. John's
You are so bold to post about bell on RFD

People actually hate them! I feel bad for the dislikes but it’s also bell the company who has the least consistent billing I have even seen.
Dec 19, 2018
133 posts
255 upvotes
It seems like Bell's trying to take advantage of moron kids who think a sale price means it's a good deal
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1017 posts
2572 upvotes
1 upvote 76 downvote
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Sep 5, 2020
27 posts
33 upvotes
Terrible prices.. I still don’t understand why people go with bell when there are so many better options out there.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8524 posts
8764 upvotes
Toronto
bictaur wrote: Terrible prices.. I still don’t understand why people go with bell when there are so many better options out there.
Better as in what sense? Definitely easier to get annual discounts from Rogers, but their product is inferior to Bell's.

For me, I'd rather pay $20/month more for internet that is vastly superior considering it's an essential service.

I shouldn't have to say this, but this my obviously my personal experience. Was with Rogers for 10+ years and put up with their crappy service and constant outages knowing the price would be $50-60 for gigabit. Now paying $80/month for gigabit Fibe and it has been rock solid.
Mar 20, 2019
143 posts
137 upvotes
9394 wrote: Better as in what sense? Definitely easier to get annual discounts from Rogers, but their product is inferior to Bell's.

For me, I'd rather pay $20/month more for internet that is vastly superior considering it's an essential service.

I shouldn't have to say this, but this my obviously my personal experience. Was with Rogers for 10+ years and put up with their crappy service and constant outages knowing the price would be $50-60 for gigabit. Now paying $80/month for gigabit Fibe and it has been rock solid.
Well, this is an offer for kids/young adults in university with limited cash flow. What would make you think that most of them will want to pay more instead of going for a deal with a decent price and speed that can get them through university (unless a gamer - then consistency is required)? Keep in mind, most kids does not come from wealth, so saiving 20$/month goes a long way for some.
Mar 27, 2021
3 posts
I contacted Rogers to cancel, as I was planning to follow the steps of cancelling and waiting for the callback. However, the girl on chat ended up just giving me an awesome deal to stay. $57.99 for 1GB unlimited. Thats much cheaper than what I was paying before.

I am in London, ON, for those looking to get discounts in London.
May 10, 2020
534 posts
388 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote: Rip off .. I’m paying 500mb fiber for 79/month.
That is still a rip off what u paying
Nov 14, 2017
266 posts
443 upvotes
I just rebundled (Even though I don’t intend on watching the TV or using the Home Phone) for $70 for 1.5Gbps Fibe for 1yr. I was previously paying $80 but my promo price was expiring this month and would have gone up to over $100. I’m in NB.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)