Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 7:06 am
Nov 13, 2009
600 posts
121 upvotes
Somewhere N of 49th …
ahbib82 wrote: Can I use my own router with Bell fibe TV and Internet?
I have an sweet and expensive Asus aimesh router setup that I would like to keep.
Also will the technician run two lines one to the bell modem for Internet and one to the tv box?
Any help before switching would be appreciated.
Going with Fibe TV, no can't use your router, alone.
The tech will install a single line to the jack location, if proper 1 isn't present. There 2 jacks for the modem/router and 1 for phone (even if u are not getting phone) 2 small lines from jacks to modem then cat5 or 6 from there to DVR (TV box). You could probably use your router after the Bell modem/router. Just configure the Bell unit for no WiFi
Oct 10, 2010
494 posts
347 upvotes
L1P postal code

Existing Bell customer looking for 1 gig fibe (Fibe available) only. Please PM!
Jan 13, 2009
15 posts
I am a current Rogers customer with exipiring promos so I'm looking to switch to Bell Fibe.

Tried online chat and best offer provided was $146 plus tax for the following:
500 GB internet
better fibe tv
two 4k pvr receivers + bell 3000 hub
home phone
italian multicultural channels

It seems a bit high but Is this a good deal? Has anyone received a better new customer offer or Is there anyone that can help me get a better deal for the L4E postal code area? Thanks!
Dec 5, 2005
848 posts
507 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
kcorscadden wrote: No you can't

If you only had internet, then yes you could, but the Fibe TV is the issue
Run the tv receiver from the Bell modem and you can use your own router for the rest. Works fine.
Aug 11, 2008
22 posts
Richmond Hill
Postal Code: L4S
Richmond Hill
Current Rogers customer looking for Bell offers (TV better pkg + Fibe Gigabit Internet + home phone). please pm, thank you!
Apr 7, 2015
1 posts
Bowmanville, ON
Current Rogers customer, L1E postal code, looking for 500 fibe internet (maybe alt tv, too).
Please PM.
Thanks
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17744 posts
1283 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Slightly tech question for users who currently have the HH3000 / FTTH via Bell...

Various internet forums including this one have talked about how to use your own WiFi router with the HH3000. They all involve (to my knowledge), double-NAT.

Is there a way to accomplish this without double-NAT? Kinda like how with a Rogers Cable connection, the modem is typically just a "bridge" and your preferred WiFi router does all the routing.

I'm thinking that double-NAT could potentially cause problems down the road...
Jan 9, 2011
102 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
current Rogers customer in area code L6A.

Looking for 500mbps or above Internet only package from Bell. Please PM for options. Thank you.
Apr 1, 2013
171 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
ahbib82 wrote: Can I use my own router with Bell fibe TV and Internet?
I have an sweet and expensive Asus aimesh router setup that I would like to keep.
Also will the technician run two lines one to the bell modem for Internet and one to the tv box?
Any help before switching would be appreciated.
It’s one line. They give a combined router and modem and the cable box has to connect to that. I’m not sure, but you might be able to bridge it with your router but that could cause connection issues.
Apr 1, 2013
171 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
What’s the current offer for Better TV +500mbps internet? M9A area. My Rogers promo is ending and I’m looking for a competitive offer.
Thanks.
Jul 21, 2016
18 posts
5 upvotes
I don't know how much this helps you, but you can out a HH2000 into bridge mode and not nat yourself out of service. I'm using an edge router for routing, my TV and Home Phone still function and I did not notice any decrease in throughput or ping.

I did a complete reset of the hh2000 while plugging my router into the Wan port and setting up the ppoe credentials in my router. I left the wifi enabled on my hh2000 from experience so I could log into it that way if I needed to check my other services (I cannot access my HH through my routers subnet).

Hopefully this works on your 3000
Oct 11, 2015
550 posts
192 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
R2N
Expired Bell MTS promo looking to leave to shaw
Oct 25, 2020
1 posts
Hello, I'm an existing Fibe TV (better package) and internet (Fibe 50) customer. Currently paying 125/month. Looking for any new deals before my credits run out. Live in L6H postal code. Please PM me.
Oct 25, 2020
3 posts
New customer. New homeowner.
Looking for Fibe 150+.
Please PM me if you have any deal available.
Postal Code: J9J
Gatineau
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2003
3197 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
Looking for new internet service in Mississauga, please pm thanks
Telus: $45 25GB plan
Public Mobile: $23 1GB plan

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

ImtiazF794