• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2019 7:04 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 1, 2013
57 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Mine is also expiring, probably just $10 off?
Sep 12, 2011
211 posts
100 upvotes
Ottawa
legend23 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 12:59 pm
Mine is also expiring, probably just $10 off?
Well I'm going to call and if thats all they offer im switching to voip.ms
Oct 18, 2013
504 posts
93 upvotes
Oshawa
I switched a few weeks ago as they offered nothing.
Sep 12, 2011
211 posts
100 upvotes
Ottawa
GeneP66 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 1:20 pm
I switched a few weeks ago as they offered nothing.
good to know, thanks, calling now

Update**

i got my existing $15.50 off my Phone and 10$ off my satellite for 12 more months. But i have 3 services with them, phone/mobile/TV

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZFqNgQy.png[/IMG]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
8366 posts
551 upvotes
If you need a reliable landland for the alarm system, there is no other option (maybe other than Bell reseller)......

I might just install the GSM module for the alarm system at the end if the landline price keeps going up.
Mar 22, 2007
166 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Yup. I was only able to get $10 off for both home phone and Expressvu. I have 3 services (mobile as well) and am in Ontario.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1390 posts
306 upvotes
GTA
I got $10 off. Have two services with them, so I also separately will get $4 bundling discount. 4

Now I'm going to have to do the math in August when time to decide whether to renew my cell phone contract with them or not. Losing the $8 joint bundling discount will hurt, but I think there are much better cell phone rate plans out there right now, correct?

I currently have a $50 cell phone plan that gives 200 mins, unlimited calling to/from 10 fave numbers, free nights and weekends, call waiting and call display and 1 GB of data. I have a feeling they will no longer offer that at renewal time, and the offers on their website all suck.
Sep 12, 2011
211 posts
100 upvotes
Ottawa
phil615 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 8:10 pm
Yup. I was only able to get $10 off for both home phone and Expressvu. I have 3 services (mobile as well) and am in Ontario.
You should have been able to get the 15.50 i got at least if you have 3 services..
Dec 30, 2006
73 posts
9 upvotes
I have home phone basic plus caller ID with Bell. Just called Bell retention department 1-866-669-3995. Got my current $18 discount extended for 12 months.
Feb 16, 2009
848 posts
45 upvotes
Charlez wrote:
Jan 11th, 2014 9:55 am
I have home phone basic plus caller ID with Bell. Just called Bell retention department 1-866-669-3995. Got my current $18 discount extended for 12 months.
How much are you paying in total? I just have home phone and I was thinking if they'll give me the $18 discount with one added feature, it may be cheaper than just getting $10 off the regular home phone price.
Jan 13, 2007
24 posts
2 upvotes
I called in last week (after new years)

I had the choice package was offered $18 discount
Asked what the discount would be if I switched to basic, he said it would be $15 instead.

He said it was a % of the total (not sure if its true).

Very quick 5 min call.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11311 posts
2770 upvotes
Will have to try to call Monday when I'm off, when I got my last bill, I called retentions line, as was ticked at the new increases and of course, sat on hold forever before hanging up, I realize, they could A. be busy as many people were upset at the increases that month, or B. purposely make those people who want to cancel, wait on hold so they give up! Like I did. Will call again and see what I can get. Are there any new deals on Internet or satellite? Our area, has little to offer for competition, so we're stuck and my speeds suck, but it's because of old lines, which if I switch providers are still using the old lines anyhow!
Have to keep satellite for 10 more months so I can keep my receivers for free.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2023 upvotes
Nowhere
jackass_ca wrote:
Jan 11th, 2014 10:32 am
Will have to try to call Monday when I'm off, when I got my last bill, I called retentions line, as was ticked at the new increases and of course, sat on hold forever before hanging up, I realize, they could A. be busy as many people were upset at the increases that month, or B. purposely make those people who want to cancel, wait on hold so they give up! Like I did. Will call again and see what I can get. Are there any new deals on Internet or satellite? Our area, has little to offer for competition, so we're stuck and my speeds suck, but it's because of old lines, which if I switch providers are still using the old lines anyhow!
Have to keep satellite for 10 more months so I can keep my receivers for free.
I called yesterday and got through right away. I too called with the price increase as I had been promised $13.95 for a year not an $18 a month discount. They gave me a $10 one -time credit for that. I got into that argument again with the rep. and only got $10 off per month this year. I'm fed up with Bell. I would like to keep a POTS line. Any other cheaper options? Was going to switch to Teksavvy but they have a stop-sell in my area.
Mar 22, 2007
166 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
DoBoY1 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2014 7:07 am
You should have been able to get the 15.50 i got at least if you have 3 services..
Your location is Gatineau, but did you do this for services in Ontario? It might not be available here.
Apr 29, 2012
328 posts
254 upvotes
Charlez wrote:
Jan 11th, 2014 9:55 am
Can you provide more details please? I called and struck out, they would only give me $10. I also have the basic package.
Do you have multiple services with Bell? Did you threaten to cancel?
Thank you