• Jan 30th, 2024 2:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3866 upvotes
Nowhere
Apple IIGS wrote: There was NO restriction several months ago, anyone at all could sign up. That changed recently because Bell suddenly changed the rules. They've essentially put a freeze on adding new customers. Not even sure why they bother to advertising "Teksavvy Home Phone" when practically no one can get it. Maybe if you move to a new address it might be possible?
The Teksavvy stop sell has been on in certain exchanges for years. I know because I have been trying to switch both my phone and my parents and we live in two different cities. It wasn't because Bell suddenly changed the rules. If I search by city, a number of exchanges come up as available where I live. But if I search by exchange, my exchange is not available. It was available for a short time a number of years back. Whether or not you were a previous Bell customer has nothing to do with it. They are only allowed to sell so many on an exchange. Once they hit that number, they put a stop sell.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3866 upvotes
Nowhere
WorldIRC wrote: According to the rep, someone with my tenure (the 80s) and just land line, that is the best offer available. I wasn't going to argue. I'll just call back in 6 months. Only takes like 5 minutes.
I am in the same situation as you. I have just have a basic land line, no other options and it dates back to the '80s. So I got the $10 off. My parents only came back to Bell a year or so ago after a 6 year absence and I also got $10 off for them.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6054 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
i dont know about everyone else, but ive been told that the promo i got, whichw as 10off for 6 months, will not actualy apply to my bill for 2 months...given that i called right when my credit was expiring, i basically have to go 2 monhs without credit...

are other people aware of this as well? i got a real hard ass csr and manager on my last call
Apr 29, 2012
430 posts
435 upvotes
adeel wrote: i dont know about everyone else, but ive been told that the promo i got, whichw as 10off for 6 months, will not actualy apply to my bill for 2 months...given that i called right when my credit was expiring, i basically have to go 2 monhs without credit...

are other people aware of this as well? i got a real hard ass csr and manager on my last call
Mine was applied immediately. I see it on my current bill. Also, I guess I should not be surprised some have $10 for 12months and others only managed to to get 6months. Bell is just as bad as Rogers.
It does not make sense to me that the promo takes 2months to be applied.
Nov 23, 2010
229 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
I just called was only able to get $10 off next 6 months. They are not willing to budge at all on the credits.

I am now looking into Primus Costco value plus bundle. (I know, I know they are s*** as well) But the 2 year commitment the price of$82.95 per month including unlimited internet 60/10 is attractive.

There is a $200 early cancellation penalty and one time activation $34.95.

Not sure what i will do... For now i took the $10 off like everyone else.
Jan 18, 2010
151 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal
adeel wrote: i dont know about everyone else, but ive been told that the promo i got, whichw as 10off for 6 months, will not actualy apply to my bill for 2 months...given that i called right when my credit was expiring, i basically have to go 2 monhs without credit...

I was told about this negative change too. They will now ONLY apply promotions at the start of your next billing cycle, no longer prorating your bill (of course they will prorate for their end, if there's a price increase or your promotion ends before your next billing cycle, they will continue to retroactively charge you the difference on your next bill!). I heard one month however, not two.

And what's this about yet another price increase on Home phone? Are we to get a price hike every six months now?

I'm in a very delicate position right now, one more price increase and I am gone, forever. I imagine there are MANY others like me. How incredibly shortsighted is Bell?
Oct 10, 2005
330 posts
20 upvotes
I just had a long conversation with loyalty department and am really disappointed with the situation. I used to have $18 phone discount which changed to $10. That last promotion just ended in the beginning of Feb. First time I called to get a new discount, they offered me $5 off for the next 6 months. Considering how the price is going up $2 for the phone in April 1 and $4 for the internet. I've been looking at the alternative provider.

I signed up with Primus for $49.95 for phone and internet but decided to call Bell one more time to see if there's anything else they can do. Now the rep is telling me that if I just cancelled the home phone, I will lose my ongoing $20 internet discount and the bundle discount. I knew I was going to lose bundle discount if I cancelled just the phone and kept the internet but didn't know that my $20 ongoing discount that gave me 25/10 and 375 gb bandwidth will disappear as well.

Now, I'm more likely to jump the ship and find another company. I refuse to pay $34.99 for the home phone without any features(well it will be $36.99 in few months). So despite the fact, I'm scared of the quality of Primus's service, it looks like I'll be confirming the order and going ahead with Primus.
Nov 23, 2010
229 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
That's my biggest concern with primus as well...
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
Hello everyone, was able to get $10 rebate for 10 mouths. No way to do 1 year. Told me this was the only possible offer right now.

So good luck to all of you, try it can't hurt to make the call.
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10356 posts
1480 upvotes
Toronto
outtolearn88 wrote: Hello everyone, was able to get $10 rebate for 10 mouths. No way to do 1 year. Told me this was the only possible offer right now.

So good luck to all of you, try it can't hurt to make the call.
Just hate to call every 6/10 months.Wasting time and enery !

Thus, switched to basic line for $21.95 until there are other permanent solutions (probably GSM module) !

Like I said before, I am not too concerned about this $10 monthly expense saving, the biggest fixed monthly expense should be the auto insurance and we are talking about hundreds of dollars a month there ! Wish Ontario just centralize the auto insurance like in BC :/
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
Just called in and got my $10 discount extended for 10 months.
However I'm looking into switching to VOIP, just researching the options now. I'm not locked in for 10 months with Bell am I?
Aug 19, 2008
508 posts
181 upvotes
Wiseman wrote: Just called in and got my $10 discount extended for 10 months.
However I'm looking into switching to VOIP, just researching the options now. I'm not locked in for 10 months with Bell am I?
How many services do you have with Bell?
Bell seems to be giving $5 off for 10 months with Home phone and Internet and $10 off with Home phone, Internet and TV.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
yin5yan wrote: How many services do you have with Bell?
Bell seems to be giving $5 off for 10 months with Home phone and Internet and $10 off with Home phone, Internet and TV.
I just have home phone basic, no features.
Jun 5, 2013
86 posts
6 upvotes
GTA
How did you manage to get $10 off with just a home phone service?

I have internet and home phone lite, and at first, they were just giving me $5 off for 10 months. After spending around half an hour on the phone and some more negotiating, the most they could do was $8 for 10 months.

Oh well, time to call again in 10 months. ;)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
evolutionX wrote: How did you manage to get $10 off with just a home phone service?

I have internet and home phone lite, and at first, they were just giving me $5 off for 10 months. After spending around half an hour on the phone and some more negotiating, the most they could do was $8 for 10 months.

Oh well, time to call again in 10 months. ;)
All I did was call in and told them my promotion is expiring and I'd like to extend it (the $10 off). The first CSR said she couldn't do anything and transferred me to another department. The guy tried to sell me on internet, but I said no, I'm getting a better deal from Teksavvy. I thought that would be it, but then he said quickly, "Ok I've extended your $10 off promotion for 10 months".
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
On another note, someone from Bell came to my door yesterday. When I opened the door and saw his Bell jacket, I immediately cut him off and said I'm not interested. He started again, saying I have home phone with them and I cut him off again and shut the door in his face. Kinda feel bad but really.. why does Bell send door to door solicitors??
Nov 11, 2010
415 posts
96 upvotes
GTA

Yeah, I ran into the same situation. Got my first bill with the $10 credit not applied and the CSR said it would take 1-2 billing cycles to take effect. I reused to accept this and asked to cancel the line. I was passed on to retentions and they gave me $10 credit for the first month of the 6 month period.
Nov 11, 2010
415 posts
96 upvotes
GTA
Wiseman wrote: On another note, someone from Bell came to my door yesterday. When I opened the door and saw his Bell jacket, I immediately cut him off and said I'm not interested. He started again, saying I have home phone with them and I cut him off again and shut the door in his face. Kinda feel bad but really.. why does Bell send door to door solicitors??
These are not actual Bell employees but employees of third party marketing agencies whose job is to get more business for Bell and take a percentage. Also, there are many people who go door to door scamming you (like the natural gas, water heater resellers), so just because somebody says they are from Bell or is wearing their jacket or badge does not mean that they employed by them.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
1000 posts
409 upvotes
St. Catharines ON
rdx wrote: Thus, switched to basic line for $21.95 until there are other permanent solutions :/
How did you get that price?

Home phone lite is $33
Basic line is $43

I would settle for $22.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
1000 posts
409 upvotes
St. Catharines ON
freakoutguy wrote: These are not actual Bell employees.
Do you have a good number to call?

I need to call soon.

Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)