• Jan 30th, 2024 2:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
Thanks OP, just called loyalty at 1-866-323-4838 and got the $13.95 package for one year.
Nov 30, 2009
39 posts
5 upvotes
I decided to call again .This time I dialed 1-866-323-4838 and had very nice conversation with lady .She gave me $13.95 deal and was very polite and helpful.Thanks to everyone here !
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
cartoonangel wrote: Is this only for people who originally had bell home phone line?
If you have bell home phone line, you should call them and see if they will offer you the discount.
May 29, 2008
268 posts
104 upvotes
Tried 310 BELL and got redirected to loyalty dept... but no luck. The csr was a very nice lady but she didnt have that offer "available" for me. I would strongly suggest calling early in the morning because I had to put on hold while they were busy talking to other customers..30 minute wait time sucks wheb you get nothing out of it. Defnately will try the 866 number tomorrow
Sep 21, 2001
980 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh Jass wrote: Called Bell a month ago and cancelled the home phone, as the only people we talk to on it are telemarketers. Guy asked why, so I told him, he didn't try and get me to change my mind at all, just took the cancellation order.

Got a call a few days ago, lady asked if I'd reconsider if she dropped the price to $14.95 ( we were paying $21.95+some fee+tax-less bundle discount) but I declined. If she'd $5 my answer would still be the same.

No land line........aaaah peace :)
+1 to no landline.

Before the $14.95 offer was available in Oct 2011, I was offered a measly discount of $5 off the regular rate (after a rate hike of about $5) on a 1-year contract. I took it anyway because I wasn't ready to drop my landline. 2 months later, I was informed the rate would go up even though I was in a contract. I was pissed and my calls to Bell were fruitless. A month before my contract was up in Oct 2012, I called and checked what they had. Nothing. They lied and claimed there was never a better offer than my discounted package (a basic line is a package?). They had the guts to try to sign me up for more services so they could scam me more. The also BS'ed me about it being an essential service I had to pay irregardless of the ridiculous price, comparing to paying taxes. I proceeded to cancel. They called me a few times during the last day of my service while I was away from home. My guess was to offer me something to get me to stay. It was too little too late. Right after I cancelled, I received a message from Bell of another rate hike starting 2013.

I am not missing it a bit and certainly not their rate hikes anymore.

G'bye Bell. I will never see you again. I am looking forward to this company's failure.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
vsaint wrote: here's other thread about Bell Phone Discounts.
bell-home-phone-sure-you-not-legacy-pla ... _type=full
Yepper, and bobblepp[OP] of that thread brought the attention (at least for me) to get off my butt and call into Bell to reduce my monthly bills, because I'm stubborn and wanted to keep the copper line, but not for $30/month. I wish I could thank him more than once, cause he really put a lot of info into that thread for noobs like me to digest.

I'm not sure why this current thread wasn't merged into that one. At least in my opinion, bobblepp deserves the kudos for making the community aware that we (of the older crowd, Bell's longest/loyalist customers) shouldn't sit idle and settle for Bell's heinous legacy rates. If you're reading this bobblepp, thanks again!
Feb 1, 2008
895 posts
117 upvotes
how does this work exactly? so you call the number and ask for the $13.95 package? i'd really like to save some money if i can get a cheaper plan
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
dubjk wrote: how does this work exactly? so you call the number and ask for the $13.95 package? i'd really like to save some money if i can get a cheaper plan
I asked the gentlemen if there is any discount for my phone bill and he offered the $13.95 package.
Jul 20, 2005
236 posts
13 upvotes
Just call now and get the $13.95 package after about 10 min wait.
Thanks OP.
Jul 20, 2005
236 posts
13 upvotes
get the confirmation email, but I find this:
Added: 25¢ a minute feature
What does it mean?
Jun 16, 2004
134 posts
27 upvotes
aircobra wrote: get the confirmation email, but I find this:
Added: 25¢ a minute feature
What does it mean?
That probably means you don't have any long distance package on your line, so you will be charged 25¢ a minute for long distance calls. Just make sure you never dial long distance without using 10-10-710 or 10-10-320 or something like that.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
jccc wrote: That probably means you don't have any long distance package on your line, so you will be charged 25¢ a minute for long distance calls. Just make sure you never dial long distance without using 10-10-710 or 10-10-320 or something like that.
My LD plan is with Teksavvy, do I have to notify them? tia
Jul 20, 2005
236 posts
13 upvotes
jccc wrote: That probably means you don't have any long distance package on your line, so you will be charged 25¢ a minute for long distance calls. Just make sure you never dial long distance without using 10-10-710 or 10-10-320 or something like that.
Thank you, now I see. :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2211 posts
424 upvotes
Thanks OP and thanked! $13.95 package for a year. No contract, no commitment.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6706 posts
2352 upvotes
I currently have a package that includes call display. What does this $13.95 package contain?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1486 posts
568 upvotes
larrydong wrote: Most ISP may charge you $7 or $8 per month due to dry loop. For that reason I switched to cable which is about $10 more than DSL, so the total amount is the same. I have Acanac for Internet. The service is ok, but if you have network problem and try to call support, better to have a book or movie in hand, you may spend 1 hour waiting in the line. My phone is freephoneline and TV is OTA. Bought a UPS 3 years ago for the modem and router, only used once for about 20 minutes outage and my UPS worked fine.
+1

For the same reason I switched from Acanac DSL to Cable. 18mb down and 0.5mb up, no cap for 38.95 +tax per month. Service has been OK. Phone is Vbuzzer. TV is OTA.
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Apr 6, 2010
122 posts
29 upvotes
Best I could get was 23.95 with call display for my mom who only has phone with ma'bell, my own dropped to 19.95 with bundle. They offered the 13.95 deal plus 11.95 for call display though when I asked for the 13.95 deal.
Thanks OP.
Mar 6, 2005
638 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Rastus wrote: Best I could get was 23.95 with call display for my mom who only has phone with ma'bell, my own dropped to 19.95 with bundle. They offered the 13.95 deal plus 11.95 for call display though when I asked for the 13.95 deal.
Thanks OP.
Same here... just got the 23.95 basic package (with call display) for 12 mths. So I guess the 13.95 probably doesn't have call display feature.
hmmm ... should I switch to VOIP or stay with Bell 13.95 (without call display)?! .... decisions decisions

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)